News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

...it's a yungle

I’d be surprised if it extends out of a few token items in the colossal queue.
Does this colossal queue include innovative and impressive tech...or is it just a large area with a/c to hold the crowd?
Also, IYO, even if it’s not “your cup of tea”, is the ride system “seen it, done it” or unique to the industry?
And, as always, thanks to you and the other insiders, for the clarity you provide to us outsiders!😏

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does this colossal queue include innovative and impressive tech...or is it just a large area with a/c to hold the crowd?
Also, IYO, even if it’s not “your cup of tea”, is the ride system “seen it, done it” or unique to the industry?
And, as always, thanks to you and the other insiders, for the clarity you provide to us outsiders!😏
The queues and preshows should be highly themed. The ride system could have a technically new element to it. Not quite a first but maybe the first done in this way.

Jones14

Coasters are bargain basement attractions - cheap and easy. They belong at Six Flag type parks - there are too many being built lately around Disney.
Considering Walt himself built the first tubular steel roller coaster ever in Disneyland, and planned for another one less than a few hundred yards away from said coaster, I’d say they’re just as at home at Disney as at Six Flags.

aladdin2007

Well, that’s good to know. In that case, are the losses coming from projects that even you guys haven’t mentioned, then?

I think it could be other things that get the ax like the coco overlay, to a Land redo/Seas updates, and or futureworld communicore redesigns, a SE update etc. I dont think Disney is totally sure yet really.

montyz81

Considering Walt himself built the first tubular steel roller coaster ever in Disneyland, and planned for another one less than a few hundred yards away from said coaster, I’d say they’re just as at home at Disney as at Six Flags.
The difference is how well they are themed/immersive. Disney has been fantastic at that. The one roller coaster that screams Six Flags or UNI to me is the new Toy Story one. Most if not all roller coasters in Disney make it hard to see the track. This one not so much (don't worry, I get why they did it this way, I just don't like it).

The thing that gets me about the GoTE ride is that roller coasters are cheap, but yet this one seems to be the most expensive coaster ever built. It also sounds like there is nothing so advanced that it would warrant the price tag. The new ride is just another example of a far inferior ride replacing a technologically superior one but at a much higher price tag relatively speaking.

HauntedMansionFLA

The difference is how well they are themed/immersive. Disney has been fantastic at that. The one roller coaster that screams Six Flags or UNI to me is the new Toy Story one. Most if not all roller coasters in Disney make it hard to see the track. This one not so much (don't worry, I get why they did it this way, I just don't like it).

The thing that gets me about the GoTE ride is that roller coasters are cheap, but yet this one seems to be the most expensive coaster ever built. It also sounds like there is nothing so advanced that it would warrant the price tag. The new ride is just another example of a far inferior ride replacing a technologically superior one but at a much higher price tag relatively speaking.
I wish they would have made the visible steel beams look like tinker toys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom