News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Figment2005

If I am to assume correctly because of the ride being contained within a building, once the ride foundations are in place they have to assemble the ride track before finishing the building around it. This should give us a nice view of the ride system, at least the track, long before the ride opens... right?

trainplane3

If I am to assume correctly because of the ride being contained within a building, once the ride foundations are in place they have to assemble the ride track before finishing the building around it. This should give us a nice view of the ride system, at least the track, long before the ride opens... right?
I'd guess that's most likely the case but I believe Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was built inside its show building. Probably due to them trying to keep the drop track a secret. At the very least, we'll get to see the floor and footer locations.

Edit: Adding, unless the coasters party trick has something to do with track work (drop track/elevator/switches/etc) then it'd most likely be built inside the show building. But if it's the rumored tilting/drifting setup, then it'll be built and then the show building will go up around it.

Last edited:

DisneyFan18

You’ll be surprised. Pleasantly I hope.
Martin, do you think that Comcast announcing some of their big plans for Universal Orlando like what they are doing with Nintendo and so, could make Disney step up their game, and prevent them from cancelling any (or at least less) of the 7 or 8 plans you mentioned?

raymusiccity

There should be lots to see once construction begins in earnest. You could see plenty of details over at MGM when their inverted coaster was being built:
IMG_2276.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, do you think that Comcast announcing some of their big plans for Universal Orlando like what they are doing with Nintendo and so, could make Disney step up their game, and prevent them from cancelling any (or at least less) of the 7 or 8 plans you mentioned?
I’d doubt it. I’d think if I know what’s planned over the next few years you can bet management on both sides do too.

Gringrinngghost

Given Universal's track record, I would expect anything they announce to be mid/early late of this year.

RSoxNo1

@marni1971 or anyone else. Has it been established at all if the "Peter Quill visited Epcot as a kid" is anything more than self referential lip service? Will there be legitimate nods to EPCOT Center here?

Jones14

Whats potentially on the chopping block besides the theater in MK?
Haven't they started building Rattatouille, Starwars, GOTG, Mickey Ride, and Tron? Are any of these on the block?
If I’m following correctly, the projects he’s referring to have yet to be announced, so we’re looking at stuff like the UK attraction, Brazil, Speedway revamp, etc.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whats potentially on the chopping block besides the theater in MK?
Haven't they started building Rattatouille, Starwars, GOTG, Mickey Ride, and Tron? Are any of these on the block?
No, they’re all happening.
If I’m following correctly, the projects he’s referring to have yet to be announced, so we’re looking at stuff like the UK attraction, Brazil, Speedway revamp, etc.
I believe they’ll happen too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom