Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For those unfamilar with Efteling. Here's a look at their best attractions. Probably the closest a non-Disney parks can get when it comes to how friendly and caring the members and workers are.

De Vliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman)

Baron 1898

And their latest attraction Symbolica which starts their park mascot Pardoes de Tovernaar.

And the preshow

I also really love how you first enter the park after you pass the train tracks. Especially the music.

Not to mention the entire park started out very small but expanded over the years.

Thanks for this, Its hard to describe how good Efteling really is unless you have seen it.

brb1006

Thanks for this, Its hard to describe how good Efteling really is unless you have seen it.
They even have a very decently theme restaurant that serves pancakes and other foods throughout the day. Guests are able to see a short show performed by Magic Cooking stove that plays the music heard as you are entering the park. For those unfamilar with the restaurant "Polles Keuken", Polle is a close friend with Pardoes and is a baker who makes pancakes and other pastries. I learned this from a Dutch language site Eftelwiki (Which I used Google Translate) and the official character pages on the Efteling website that also comes with an English translation.

And it's not just the park that is very decently themed. Even Efteling's official hotel called Efteling Hotel is themed so well. They have 13 themed rooms in the hotel are themed to park attractions and characters such as Pardoes Suite, and Vliegende Hollander Suite.

(Pardoes Suite):

(Vliegende Hollander)

And if you really want to see how much they care about the park and how passionate they are. Check out the 9 part series "The Making Of Symbolica" that can be seen on the park's official Youtube channel that comes with accurate English translations to the Dutch language.

I could go on and on, but let's just say I hope someday in my lifetime I might finally plan a trip to the Netherlands just to visit this beautiful park. I feel like I'm one of the only users on this site that really admires the park. I never seen workers at a non-Disney park act this friendly and really loving there job as much until I first heard about the park in around 2010. The only non-Disney parks that comes to mind in the US that has workers be this friendly would have to be Dollywood and Holiday World.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think the Disneyland Resort has a better park experience than WDW, but nothing in the world really compares to the actual resort of WDW, Tokyo included.
I think Disneyland Park > Magic Kingdom, but WDW Resort > Disneyland Resort. Just the experiences of Epcot (even in it's current state) and Animal Kingdom (one of the best theme parks in the world IMO, and a very unique experience), along with all the *resort* of WDW make it, in my opinion, a product of which there is no equal - because there's nothing quite like it.

CanadianGordon

So... as someone who is currently trying to plan a trip for the 50th year... Are there any new developments or are we just going to rehash the same old cupcakes and a slightly different fireworks show. :(

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So... as someone who is currently trying to plan a trip for the 50th year... Are there any new developments or are we just going to rehash the same old cupcakes and a slightly different fireworks show. :(

I think you answered your own question. Dont forget the advertising blitz as well.

TTA94

@marni1971 from things you have heard how big will WDWs 50th be in comparison to their 25th and Disneyland’s 50th which were both pretty big deals. What’s in store attractions wise I think we already know what to expect from that. Do you think there will be another castle overlay of some sort? World wide celebration like Disneyland’s?

doctornick

The real issue is that WDW has 4 THEME PARKS and yet has 1 PARADE, as opposed to Disneyland which had/has (IDK the Pixar/Soundational Switch) 2 THEME PARKS and yet has 3 PARADES. Heck, Hong Kong has 1 THEME PARK and 2 PARADES.

It's criminal that there isn't a night time parade at MK and a daytime and/or night time parade at DHS. You can understand not having parades at DAK and Epcot any more but they could easily have alternative "major entertainment" at those parks (e.g. a daytime water show like Mythica).

doctornick

They were dying for anything rather than nothing. Just to show how desperate they were, some even wanted MSEP!!!

I love both MSEP and PTN and would be thrilled for either to be at MK (or DHS really).

That said, I'll admit I still don't understand the love for Spectromagic. I was actually pretty surprised when I saw online forums like this reminiscing over Spectro -- I just assumed everyone preferred MSEP and was thrilled to have it back when it returned to MK replacing Spectro.

brb1006

I love both MSEP and PTN and would be thrilled for either to be at MK (or DHS really).

That said, I'll admit I still don't understand the love for Spectromagic. I was actually pretty surprised when I saw online forums like this reminiscing over Spectro -- I just assumed everyone preferred MSEP and was thrilled to have it back when it returned to MK replacing Spectro.

Here are my two reasons for why Spectromagic is loved by the Walt Disney World community.

1. Spectromagic was the only electrical parade that was made specifically for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. Let alone not a copy of MSEP.

2. Spectromagic was very creative with the floats designs and lights. Not to mention the parade score.

@MerlinTheGoat made a few posts explaining why Spectromagic was very special and unique.

Last edited:

TTA94

It's criminal that there isn't a night time parade at MK and a daytime and/or night time parade at DHS. You can understand not having parades at DAK and Epcot any more but they could easily have alternative "major entertainment" at those parks (e.g. a daytime water show like Mythica).

Probably little to none of this will happen but I’d like to see MK get a new anniversary daytime parade as well as a nighttime parade, plus updates to HEA or a new show. Epcot gets a parade like Tapestry or on the water plus the new Illuminations which we know is coming. DHS gets a parade again and especially a updated F! to bring it up to par with Disneyland. Then DAK gets some sort of parade, daytime or nighttime and updated RoL or brand new show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 from things you have heard how big will WDWs 50th be in comparison to their 25th and Disneyland’s 50th which were both pretty big deals. What’s in store attractions wise I think we already know what to expect from that. Do you think there will be another castle overlay of some sort? World wide celebration like Disneyland’s?
There will be bunting and cup cakes in all four parks. And perhaps that pesky night time parade.

UpAllNight

Are we still expecting large scale attraction refurbs and updates?

I’m wondering if it’ll be worth visiting in 2020 at all.

brb1006

There will be bunting and cup cakes in all four parks. And perhaps that pesky night time parade.
Remember when Disneyland and Walt Disney World both held "The Happiest Celebration on Earth" and were mostly decorated or the 25th Anniversary of Disney World (Minus the castle cake) both not having cupcakes and pins being the draw?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Will be very disappointing if the largest Disney destination doesn’t go all out for their 50th. You can bet Tokyo Disneyland will go absolutely crazy for their 50th.
There’s a celebration slush fund to be spread amongst all four parks on top of attractions. Think about the 40th - pretty good considering it was all done on a shoestring, locally implemented budget. The morning parade was a nice touch. Tron and Guardians are supposed to be 50th gifts, and there is a plan to plus and sparkle a lot of the MK. It’s not going unnoticed.

Last edited:

cheezbat

There’s a celebration slush fund to be spread amongst all four parks on top of attractions. Think about the 40th - pretty good considering it was all done on a shoestring, locally implemented budget. The morning parade was a nice touch. Tron and Guardians are supposed to be 50th gifts, and there is a plan to plus and sparkle a lot of the MK. It’s not going unnoticed.
Hopefully Big Thunder gets the finale refresh that it desperately needs...and Fantasyland has a few things that need some serious love...

brb1006

I just hope they find a perfect anniversary song. Loved Remember the Magic for the 25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom