Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

You're implying it hasn't been falling apart for a while now?

I kid but I think we all know the ride needs major, tear down, rebuilt love. And the trains to glow again. Okay that last one is just me. But both of those seem like a impossibility at this point.
please re read my statement, thats your homework. Then answer.

Cesar R M

Maybe they will claim that they don't want to do a track replacement until Tron opens...kinda like they were saying about not fixing the Yeti until Pandora opened.... Yeti is still broken...
The new rumour about why the YETI hasnt been fixed is kinda baffling.
I remember it said something a long the lines of "the structure is now so damaged that if they try to remove it, it will completely collapse and disintegrate" Thus would require a full new Yeti.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I remember it said something a long the lines of "the structure is now so damaged that if they try to remove it, it will completely collapse and disintegrate" Thus would require a full new Yeti.

That sounds like a game of telephone that corrupted the correct reason: the internal structure of the Yeti itself is being damaged by its own movement and will break apart if used, and so, it needs to be completely replaced by a new Yeti.*

*A new Yeti that a department is willing to spend its budget on and conforms with newer, tougher safety standards for a ton of AA swinging over guests.

disnyfan89

I think youre getting your wires crossed as its the large dinos in UoE that reportedly may not survive be transported out of the attraction.

Speedy71

Meanwhile in Japan, Tokyo Disneyland is preparing for their upcoming anniversary in a few weeks and they are putting alot of effort to it.

A few days ago

Makes our 40th celebration look like a kids birthday party.

castlegroup_001.jpg

Last edited:

phillip9698

It's interesting because most Disney & Universal parks have a single E-Ticket that's just so good people will call it the best in the world. At that point, you can pretty much say "Yes, it's one of the very best," but it comes down to personal opinion when you go that far for the single best.

MK has Splash Mountain
Hollywood Studios has The Tower of Terror
AK has Flight of Passage
Disneyland has Indiana Jones
California Adventure has Radiator Springs Racers
Islands of Adventure has Forbidden Journey & Spider-Man
Tokyo DisneySea has Journey to The Center of The Earth & Indy
Tokyo Disneyland has Hunny Hunt & soon B&TB
Hong Kong has Mystic Manor
Shanghai has Pirates (& Tron)

I really don't think Six Flags, while a great addition to the park, even comes close to any of those rides with battle for metropolis. It's not bad, but it's definitely a long step down. It's a great ride for Six Flags though!

Anyway, back to MK's 50th. Interesting to hear the changes.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for themes and show scenes then yeah Disney and Universal best Six Flags but if you are talking about pure thrill rides then Six Flags laps those parks.

Different parks with different purposes.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I do wonder if they're going to have plans to decorate the castle for their 50th similar to what they did during DL's HCOE event..

Decorate the castle in the Iger era?, You have got to be joking decorations cost money and that hits the balance sheet and makes it harder for senior leadership to hit their bonus targets.

Realistically all I can see Disney doing for the 50'th is upcharge events as far as the eye can see.

Ag11gani

Decorate the castle in the Iger era?, You have got to be joking decorations cost money and that hits the balance sheet and makes it harder for senior leadership to hit their bonus targets.

Realistically all I can see Disney doing for the 50'th is upcharge events as far as the eye can see.

There are actual reasons why they wouldn't do castle decorations anymore (projections). And also despite reliable insiders telling us that there will be at least some effort put in to the 50th, you choose to ignore the,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom