Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
I felt the same way about Frozen Ever After. Some parts of the ride were awesome but those black/dark corridors really took away from the experience. The queue was so much better :) We're staying at CSR for the first time in March and I'm hoping to get a renovated room. Those bathroom tiles were gross lol. I'm not picky about too many things but a dirty looking bathroom in a hotel gets me every single time :)
I so agree about FEA!! Like, you have things such as Pandora which have more detail than you could ever imagine but then you look at FEA and there are blank spaces?? Its off-putting for sure!
I totally understand about the dirty hotel room. I just am too shy to say anything! Lol. I have heard if you do regular check in you may have a better chance of getting a renovated room!! No idea about it though. Good luck :joyfull::joyfull:
Getting a lot done! Never stayed at CSR but sure does look nice!
It was a great stay!! I may be back there in May!
I noticed you mentioned picking up mugs, did you do the dining plan? I am wondering how the 2018 plan is working out for people.
Yes! We did the QS dining plan. Mostly for convenience! We LOVED it and would probably do it again!!
Your matching Star Wars outfits are so freaking cute!
Thank you :inlove:

becca_

Original Poster
DHS continued:
Our photo was so ugly hahaha I will spare you guys!!

We went from hanging with Aerosmith to check into our favorite hotel.
IMG_7052.jpg
IMG_7053.jpg
IMG_7054.jpg
IMG_7055.jpg
IMG_7056.jpg
IMG_7057.jpg

We did standby this time and it was only a 10 minute wait.
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8162148639.jpeg

No idea why I look SO scared hahah

IMG_7058.jpg

This guy :inlove::inlove::inlove:
IMG_7059.jpg
IMG_7060.jpg

Then we went on for round 2 with our FP!

Up next: more DHS!

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Continued:
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8162155931.jpeg
IMG_7065.jpg

Soooo beautiful!! :inlove:

We made our way down Sunset and browsed in the shops along the way.
IMG_7067.jpg

One store had only stitch items....... Very weird to me LOL
Why are they marketing him so much??

IMG_7066.jpg

Then we stopped for some photopass pictures!

STUDIO_SUNSET2_20180117_408107704391.jpg
STUDIO_SUNSET2_20180117_408107704393.jpg
STUDIO_SUNSET2_20180117_408107704394.jpg
STUDIO_SUNSET2_20180117_408107858653.jpg
STUDIO_SUNSET2_20180117_408107858658.jpg

I grabbed a Millenial Pink Magic Band because ya know, I'm trendy!! Also I really don't like pink but I do like rose gold!

We stopped to watch the March of the First Order since it was about 10am.
IMG_7070.jpg

Up Next: More DHS!!

ELeigh

DHS Continued:
View attachment 261140View attachment 261141

Soooo beautiful!! :inlove:

We made our way down Sunset and browsed in the shops along the way.
View attachment 261143
One store had only stitch items....... Very weird to me LOL
Why are they marketing him so much??

View attachment 261142
Then we stopped for some photopass pictures!

View attachment 261144View attachment 261146View attachment 261147View attachment 261149View attachment 261169

I grabbed a Millenial Pink Magic Band because ya know, I'm trendy!! Also I really don't like pink but I do like rose gold!

We stopped to watch the March of the First Order since it was about 10am.
View attachment 261170

Up Next: More DHS!!
I just impulse bought a millennial pink magic band when shopdisney had free shipping yesterday, I dont consider myself a big trend person but I really like how it is more neutral than the other options which is something I have been waiting for.

becca_

Original Poster
I just impulse bought a millennial pink magic band when shopdisney had free shipping yesterday, I dont consider myself a big trend person but I really like how it is more neutral than the other options which is something I have been waiting for.
I agree! It is definitely more toned down than the other selections and it is SO cute in person!! I'm glad I bought it!

prfctlyximprct

I want to stay at Coronado so badly! It's the one moderate I have yet to visit! I heard the food is all Mexican, Tex-Mex and that is my favorite! I will get there next :) Thanks for the picture overload! It looks beautiful.

And I must tell my friend about all those Stitch items! Super random, but he is her favorite and she is always on the hunt for Stitch merchandise.

I will now be visiting my local TJ Maxx, I need more Disney clothes and accessories :p

becca_

Original Poster
We must have similar taste I have been eyeing that hat online for 11$. If the price goes down to 6$ I am getting it for sure
It is so cute!! You should definitely get it ;)

I want to stay at Coronado so badly! It's the one moderate I have yet to visit! I heard the food is all Mexican, Tex-Mex and that is my favorite! I will get there next :) Thanks for the picture overload! It looks beautiful.

And I must tell my friend about all those Stitch items! Super random, but he is her favorite and she is always on the hunt for Stitch merchandise.

I will now be visiting my local TJ Maxx, I need more Disney clothes and accessories :p

You NEED to visit!! It is so beautiful there and yes the food is all Mexican! We didn't get the chance to eat there but it always smelled so yummy.

I was so shocked to see them putting out that much Stitch stuff!! It was so random LOL

And yes you absolutely MUST buy more Disney things!! Hello, ear wall!!

becca_

Original Poster
Day 2 continued:

We stopped to watch the March of the First Order. This is the COOLEST thing that Disney has ever done in the parks as far as streetmosphere goes. I love seeing the Stormtroopers go up to little kids and pretend like they're in trouble because the little kids always get scared :joyfull::joyfull:

IMG_7071.jpg

My coveted Millennial Pink magic band!! This entire trip I was on the hunt for rose gold ears but after I checked in every single store on property, I figured that they were sold out!!

After watching the Stormtroopers & Captain Phasma march, we decided to go use our TSMM fast pass.
IMG_7074.jpg

However, when we got there... it was closed! :rolleyes::banghead:

So we decided to head into One Man's Dream (I think this is called something else now? I don't remember hahah)
IMG_7075.jpg
IMG_7076.jpg
IMG_7077.jpg
IMG_7078.jpg
IMG_7079.jpg
IMG_7080.jpg
IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_7082.jpg

I love seeing all of these little models!! They are so cute.

Up next: more One Man's Dream/New name that I don't remember :hilarious:

Notes from Neverland

Great pictures and great report so far! I've never stayed at Coronado, so it's been really interesting seeing more of it beyond the usual promotional photos.

Now I'm just curious if you successfully made a fan out of him!

becca_

Original Poster
Day 2 continued:
IMG_7083.jpg

Also I know people have really mixed reviews on TSL but I am SOOOOOO excited for this. I cannot wait to be able to walk through this land (as long as the theming is on point with Pandora)
IMG_7084.jpg

I was kinda bummed to see how small the piece of Star Wars Land (Galaxy's Edge) we got!!
IMG_7085.jpg

Like really? LOL

We watched the film inside of Walt Disney Presents (this is the new name... I googled) and it made me cry. Only in Disney will I cry over the simplest things. It just warms my soul to hear "It was all started by a mouse"

I AM CRYING JUST TYPING THAT!!

The things that Disney does to a 20 year old.... :cry::inlove:

As we walked out of the theater, the stage show was going on. We only got the end of it but it was super cute and I LOVE BB-8! :inlove:
IMG_7086.jpg

Then we walked back down Sunset for another check in.
IMG_7087.jpg
IMG_7088.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8162207094.jpeg

After our "drop" in at the Hollywood Tower Hotel, we headed to lunch!
IMG_7092.jpg

Next up: lunch and more DHS!

becca_

Original Poster
Great pictures and great report so far! I've never stayed at Coronado, so it's been really interesting seeing more of it beyond the usual promotional photos.

Now I'm just curious if you successfully made a fan out of him!
Thank you!! It really is underrated in my opinion. I would (and might possibly) stay there again.

I guess you will have to wait and see how he feels!!! ;)

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Continued:

There was no other place (for me) to get lunch than PizzeRizzo! So we made way for Muppets Courtyard.
IMG_7093.jpg

This was my first time seeing Grand Ave!! It looks so so so good. I think I'd like it better if I could drink at Baseline :hilarious:
Soon!!! :joyfull::joyfull:
IMG_7094.jpg

Lots of crane action going on!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR GALAXY'S EDGE! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
IMG_7095.jpg
IMG_7096.jpg

Interesting sign... I wonder what was happening this night?? LOL
IMG_7097.jpg
IMG_7098.jpg
IMG_7100.jpg

I wanted a picture in front of the galaxy's edge poster but the photo pass guy looked like he was not interested in taking any pictures so we just walked on by.
IMG_7102.jpg

This is my favorite part of DHS!!! I hope the Muppets stay forever. Muppetvision 3D is my favorite show (in 3D form) at WDW. I love it so much!! Last time I was in DHS I didn't get to see it so I was super excited to be back!
IMG_7105.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove: what a sight!!

Next up: finally lunch!!

MegRuss626

Day 2 continued:
View attachment 261533
Also I know people have really mixed reviews on TSL but I am SOOOOOO excited for this. I cannot wait to be able to walk through this land (as long as the theming is on point with Pandora)
View attachment 261534
I was kinda bummed to see how small the piece of Star Wars Land (Galaxy's Edge) we got!!
View attachment 261535
Like really? LOL

We watched the film inside of Walt Disney Presents (this is the new name... I googled) and it made me cry. Only in Disney will I cry over the simplest things. It just warms my soul to hear "It was all started by a mouse"

I AM CRYING JUST TYPING THAT!!

The things that Disney does to a 20 year old.... :cry::inlove:

As we walked out of the theater, the stage show was going on. We only got the end of it but it was super cute and I LOVE BB-8! :inlove:
View attachment 261536
Then we walked back down Sunset for another check in.
View attachment 261537View attachment 261538
View attachment 261545
After our "drop" in at the Hollywood Tower Hotel, we headed to lunch!
View attachment 261542
Next up: lunch and more DHS!

🙋🏻‍♀️ 31 year old who gets all of the feels over that quote as well! I even have the Alex and Ani that has that quote on it ❤️

amjt660

Premium Member
Becca
I have not witnessed Pandora in person but have heard amazing things
TSL ( if it is similar to HKDL and DLP versions) will not come close to the immersion of Avatar

Max

becca_

Original Poster
Those little models were so cute :) I wish we checked them out ;)
There's always next time ;)

🙋🏻‍♀️ 31 year old who gets all of the feels over that quote as well! I even have the Alex and Ani that has that quote on it ❤️
I'm such a Disney sap!!!

Becca
I have not witnessed Pandora in person but have heard amazing things
TSL ( if it is similar to HKDL and DLP versions) will not come close to the immersion of Avatar

Max
A girl can dream!!! I had a feeling it would not be as good but I'm still holding out LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom