Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
Before I keep going, I just remembered that when we disembarked the plane in Orlando, I stood up and an older woman the row behind me was staring at me. I kinda just let it go (let it go, let it goooo) but she kept looking at me weird, so I just smiled at her to see if she would say/do anything. She said, "I don't mean to be rude, but are you on your honeymoon???"

:bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

Ummm... I said "No, not yet!!!" and she gave me a weird look. I don't understand why she asked that, lol. I don't even wear a large ring on my left finger, just a small band from Pandora... It was just very weird. Oddly enough, it wasn't the last time this trip someone asked us if we had just gotten married!! I look like I'm 12 people!! No!!

anyway.... :hilarious:

Epcot continued:

IMG_6784.jpg

We made our way through Future World and over to The Seas and stopped for some Photopass pictures, but we were facing the sun and Daniel didn't have sunglasses on so he was squinting the entire time and none of them turned out good :facepalm:
IMG_6787.jpg

Once we got done Finding Nemo, we looked around at the aquarium. I personally haven't looked upstairs enough in this pavilion so I led Daniel up to see the manatees, among other creatures.
IMG_6795.jpg
IMG_6797.jpg

Lil' Joe reminded me of @prfctlyximprct :joyfull:
IMG_6799.jpg
IMG_6801.jpg

I love this little guy :)
IMG_6802.jpg

After we finished fish watching, we came upon some people .... napping? Outside the Land??
I had to take a picture, it felt weird to me for someone to be laying down but whatever :hilarious:
IMG_6804.jpg

IMG_6805.jpg

Soon, we were seated on "The Farm Ride" aka, Living with the Land! This is one of my favorites for whatever reason... I think maybe because I used to garden with my Grandma when I was younger. She loves this ride as well!!
IMG_6806.jpg

Up next: More Epcot - a tour around the world & a wet ride on Frozenstrom

prfctlyximprct

She must have thought you were on your honeymoon because you were giddy with pre Disney trip bliss! :p let’s hope this is what true married life is like LOL!

Love Lil Joe! I didn’t step foot in the seas this trip so I’m glad I can visit through your report!

I am jealous of your ability to capture everything! Your pictures are truly bringing me back. :)

becca_

Original Poster
She must have thought you were on your honeymoon because you were giddy with pre Disney trip bliss! :p let’s hope this is what true married life is like LOL!

Love Lil Joe! I didn’t step foot in the seas this trip so I’m glad I can visit through your report!

I am jealous of your ability to capture everything! Your pictures are truly bringing me back. :)
LOL, you'll find out sooner than me so you'll have to let me know!!

I swear I took over 2000 photos this trip because I wanted to capture absolutely EVERYTHING!!! I'm not crazy I promise :angelic::angelic::angelic:

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot continued:
IMG_6813.jpg
IMG_6814.jpg
IMG_6815.jpg

I need my backyard to look like this!!
IMG_6817.jpg

Daniel actually pointed out this little Mickey to me... I started to think that I had created a Disney Monster :joyfull:
IMG_6824.jpg

The Land is also my favorite pavilion. Daniel told me later in the trip that it was his as well. He's always copying me ;)
IMG_6827.jpg

As you can see, it was not busy AT ALL!!! I think Soarin', Frozen, and TT were at maybe 40-50 minute waits? Nothing awful!!
IMG_6831.jpg

After our boat ride, we decided to go hang out with Figment which was posted at a 15 minute wait (and that was accurate, we waited exactly 15)
IMG_6835.jpg

We then decided it was a great time for a snack!! We grabbed 2 mickey pretzels and 2 slushies, one blue raspberry and one raspberry lemonade. Both were SO good, but I'd choose the blue over red :hungry:
IMG_6836.jpg

We sat on a little bench with the most perfect view :inlove::inlove:

Coming up: a trip around the world!!

21stamps

Arrival Day pt 3....

We were scheduled to take off at 9:50, however it was about 10 when our plane finally left Buffalo
View attachment 259190
Bye snow!! Won't miss ya!!

View attachment 259191
We ate snacks provided by Southwest and watched The Lion King on my laptop. For the rest of the trip, Daniel kept saying "Remember.." in his best Mufasa voice :hilarious:
View attachment 259192
I had a coke to drink and Daniel didn't have anything!
View attachment 259193View attachment 259194
More selfies, this time with Daniel in them!!
View attachment 259195
Finally, at 12:30 (which was 10 minutes early), we landed in Orlando!!!!!View attachment 259196
We stopped at a bathroom to change into some shorts since it was about 70-75 degrees outside (and having been in the negatives the week before, this felt like 100!!!)
View attachment 259197View attachment 259198
By 12:50 we were on the fonorail!!
View attachment 259199
I made Daniel pull a @Doc Disney and stop for this picture :inlove:

Up next: we finally make it to the Magical Express!!

I’m so jealous of all you Southwest direct people!

Is Daniel wearing salmon shorts? If so, T has worn that exact outfit! One of his fave color combos are salmon and gray.. pants, shorts, capris. Ha ha.

becca_

Original Poster
I’m so jealous of all you Southwest direct people!

Is Daniel wearing salmon shorts? If so, T has worn that exact outfit! One of his fave color combos are salmon and gray.. pants, shorts, capris. Ha ha.
Yes! He really doesn't wear "brighter" colors anymore, but he likes those ones a lot! He tends to wear a lot of black/white/grey now, which I can't blame him for.. So do I :hilarious:

Lyssa

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

I feel the same way, leaving Disney really feels like I'm leaving home and going to the land of sweat and humidity :(

Great report start, following along ;)

I also made my husband a huge Disney fan after our trip and now he's the one asking if we can go back LOL

becca_

Original Poster
I feel the same way, leaving Disney really feels like I'm leaving home and going to the land of sweat and humidity :(

Great report start, following along ;)

I also made my husband a huge Disney fan after our trip and now he's the one asking if we can go back LOL
Thanks for following!!

You'll have to wait and see how Daniel feels ;)

MeeskaMooska0714

LOL, you'll find out sooner than me so you'll have to let me know!!

I swear I took over 2000 photos this trip because I wanted to capture absolutely EVERYTHING!!! I'm not crazy I promise :angelic::angelic::angelic:
Thank you for taking so many pictures! I feel like I was the complete opposite this trip and didn’t have a chance to capture everything with the kiddos! It was nice to just experience a lot without always having a camera.:)

becca_

Original Poster
Thank you for taking so many pictures! I feel like I was the complete opposite this trip and didn’t have a chance to capture everything with the kiddos! It was nice to just experience a lot without always having a camera.:)
It's very different being two adults and no kids!! We only have to deal with each other :hilarious:
I like both taking a lot at some points and then not taking any at others, like during fireworks/shows, I tend not to take any pictures!

becca_

Original Poster
Day 1 continued:

After our most delicious snack (the best foods are mickey shaped), we made our way to another Fastpass, which happened to be in another country.
IMG_6839.jpg

What a beautiful, lopsided photo!!! Great skills, Becca :facepalm::hilarious:
IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6844.jpg
IMG_6847.jpg

Our destination was of course, Frozenstrom!

I honestly did not welcome this ride, much like a lot of other people. I MISS MAELSTROM!!!! I still don't think this is better than Maelstrom. I noticed a lot of black space especially when you go backwards, there is an entire little hallway of just black but you can still see. I don't know, it just doesn't feel like it belongs. I'm glad people with children have something to "do", but couldn't exploring countries and maybe sampling food or learning about culture be enough? I don't know.. I don't have kids so *shrug*
IMG_6848.jpg

I will say, the inside is really nice!!
IMG_6851.jpg

I love this little guy!! I think this is for the Festival pin hunt, so
right after you get off the ride, it was to the right in the gift shop!
IMG_6852.jpg

Daniel's butt was SOAKED!!!! I told him to stand in the sun for a little bit so it could dry off. Hahahaha!! Luckily it was still pretty warm out, but we always joke about him having the worst luck and it was proving itself :hilarious:
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_8161880222.jpeg

Yeah, not sure what my face is doing.... But whatever :hilarious:

From there, we made our way over back to Mexico to ride one of my favorite rides!!
IMG_6853.jpg
IMG_6855.jpg

Funny thing, I kept telling Daniel about this ride and I would always sing the song. I ended up playing it for him a few times so he was really familiar with the lyrics. We always sing it now together :inlove::inlove:

Up next: more around the world!

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot continued!
IMG_6862.jpg

I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!! It really is my favorite!! (Except for the other parks... don't mention those rides... ;) )
IMG_6865.jpg

I am sooooo glad these guys made it back to where they belong!!

I know there's rumors of Coco overlaying this attraction and I really hope it doesn't happen :( I love everything about this ride!! Please Disney gods, be in my favor this time!!

After Mexico, we explored China, which is something I really have never done. It was beautiful!! I was glad we took the time to actually walk inside and walk through the shops.
I
IMG_6871.jpg
IMG_6872.jpg
IMG_6873.jpg
IMG_6874.jpg
IMG_6875.jpg
IMG_6876.jpg
IMG_6880.jpg

From there, we moved onto Germany where I decided to try a forum favorite!!!
IMG_6886.jpg

Up next: Caramel galore!

becca_

Original Poster
More Epcot:

We stopped in Karamell Küche, which was a first for me (I only stopped here because of how popular it is on the forums LOL)

IMG_6888.jpg

We got the caramel filled chocolate cookie & popcorn. We didn't end up eating it until Thursday afternoon and by then both items were soggy and kinda gross :( I was sooooo sad!! I will try it again, though, and make sure to eat whatever I get immediately!
IMG_6890.jpg

Epcot was looking beaaaautiful!! :inlove:
IMG_6891.jpg

A little selfie action (of course)
IMG_6894.jpg
IMG_6906.jpg

We continued our walk through World Showcase and actually went into each pavilion. It was so nice to see so many details!!
IMG_6907.jpg
IMG_6914.jpg

Can I have this fountain in my front yard please?? LOL
IMG_6920.jpg

Whem in France... take photopass pictures???? Is that the saying?? :cool:
IMG_8271.JPG
IMG_8272.JPG

I love the magic shots!! Chip is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!

Up next: Dinner & fireworks (sans photos)

becca_

Original Poster
I really like the way you framed this one - great picture!!

Max
Thank you!! I am lucky that one turned out so nice - most of my pictures end up crooked and blurry LOL

You guys are an absolutely adorable couple! I wish I was still in college :arghh:
Aw!! Thank you!! I actually just started classes again today (my school starts pretty late compared to others). Trying not to wish these times away!!! :inlove:

RyPat

Epcot continued!
View attachment 260024
I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!! It really is my favorite!! (Except for the other parks... don't mention those rides... ;) )
View attachment 260025
I am sooooo glad these guys made it back to where they belong!!

I know there's rumors of Coco overlaying this attraction and I really hope it doesn't happen :( I love everything about this ride!! Please Disney gods, be in my favor this time!!

I would also be sad to see it go... but after finally seeing Coco this weekend, it's to much of a perfect fit for them NOT to replace it

becca_

Original Poster
I would also be sad to see it go... but after finally seeing Coco this weekend, it's to much of a perfect fit for them NOT to replace it
I haven't seen it, but thats what everyone says!! I think if Brazil actually happens, I'd want the birds to go there in some capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom