Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot continued:

After our rendezvous in France, we continued around the world for a little sunset stroll.
IMG_6926.jpg
IMG_6927.jpg
IMG_6928.jpg

The sunset this night was PERFECT. Like the kind of sunset you dream about seeing. The sky was absolutely beautiful. I was having a hard time not taking 10000 photos but Daniel reminded me that I didn't have that much storage on my phone :angelic:
IMG_6934.jpg

From there, we went into the Odyssey building to check out the festival center. I was super excited for the attraction poster exhibit that was being displayed and so after changing into leggings and joggers (for myself and Daniel, respectively ;) ) we made way inside.
IMG_6935.jpg

This was SOOO cool. They had posters from the attractions in each park.
IMG_6936.jpg

I love the Cars Land one!! I promise I will come back to you Radiator Springs!
IMG_6937.jpg

Whats weird is that there was another Skyliner, for the new system, poster on the day that the festival opened, and just 2 days after it was gone. Hm.
IMG_6938.jpg
IMG_6939.jpg
IMG_6940.jpg

I want this framed in my house!!!!!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Up next: dinner finally!

becca_

Original Poster
More Epcot:

IMG_6941.jpg
IMG_6942.jpg

I love the Space Mountain ones so much!!
IMG_6943.jpg
IMG_6944.jpg
IMG_6945.jpg
IMG_6946.jpg

These are too cute for words.

I looked around at the store they had set up in there and was eyeing the Passholder shirt, but I just thought it wasn't worth buying. So we left and headed back around the world to dinner.
IMG_6949.jpg

Ughhhhh :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Soon we made it to Italy and sat for about 10 minutes outside on a bench before we decided to check in at Via Napoli. I had never eaten here but seeing @Doc Disney eat here often I knew I had to try!

We checked in and I was yet again inspired by Megan and took a light fixture picture :happy:
IMG_6954.jpg

We only waited maybe 5-10 minutes before we were called back.
IMG_6955.jpg
IMG_6956.jpg

Up next: more dinner

becca_

Original Poster
Via Napoli con't:
IMG_6957.jpg

Our waitress was decent, not the best and not the worst I've ever had. I got a coke and Daniel got a diet coke :hungover::hungover:

We placed our order and maybe 15 minutes later, we were presented with this goodness:
IMG_6959.jpg

Holy. Cow. I want to lick my screen. It was SO GOOD. I know this style pizza isn't for everyone but wow I cannot put into words just how perfect this was. Especially after a long day of walking and not having a real meal all day, this was awesome.

We got our pizza at 6:49pm and by 7:04pm it looked like this
IMG_6960.jpg

:hungry::hungry::hungry::inlove::inlove::inlove:

We settled the very inexpensive bill and waddled out of there.
IMG_6961.jpg
IMG_6962.jpg

Nice & grainy! :hilarious:
IMG_6963.jpg

I really should stop trying to take pictures :hilarious::hilarious:

We stopped in Morocco's bathrooms and we headed toward Future World next.
IMG_6965.jpg

With only a 25 minute wait and time to spare, we went around the world (again???? yes! but this time, a bit differently)
IMG_6967.jpg
IMG_6970.jpg

It was then that Daniel claimed Soarin' to be his favorite ride! I told him he needed to wait and see the other three parks before saying that :hilarious:

Up next: Day 1 continued

Doc Disney

I know there's rumors of Coco overlaying this attraction and I really hope it doesn't happen :( I love everything about this ride!! Please Disney gods, be in my favor this time!!

So as a Coco lover I still totally agree. I LOVE Gran Fiesta Tour! I just heard on a pretty reputable podcast that if it were to happen at all it would be several years down the road because Coco did not make as much as they thought it would. And it may not happen at all.

We got the caramel filled chocolate cookie & popcorn. We didn't end up eating it until Thursday afternoon and by then both items were soggy and kinda gross

OMG agreed. I tried to eat my popcorn the next day once and it was so gross

Soon we made it to Italy and sat for about 10 minutes outside on a bench before we decided to check in at Via Napoli. I had never eaten here but seeing @Doc Disney eat here often I knew I had to try!

We checked in and I was yet again inspired by Megan and took a light fixture picture :happy:

I'm so happy you liked it :) And that you took some light fixture pictures :)

becca_

Original Poster
More Day 1:

After Soarin', we wanted to grab a quick drink to warm us up and keep us up a bit as we were getting pretty exhausted from the long day we had. So we stopped at a Joffree's kiosk to get a mocha latte (for me.. more on this later) and a black coffee (for Daniel). I was channeling my inner @bee !

IMG_6974.jpg
IMG_6977.jpg

We had a pretty good spot for Illuminations. It was in Mexico before La Cantina. I don't know where has the best spot but we could see everything and were at a railing so we weren't competing for space with others.

Now I have only seen Illuminations maybe twice before this and I just don't have a personal connection with the show but I do love the music (I listen to it at work pretty often). So the show was decent for me, but I just took it all in and remembered how LONG it took for Daniel and I to finally go on a vacation and how we had saved up for a year and a half. We were finally HERE!! It was our vacation and no one else's. I felt those warm and tingly feelings as the fireworks concluded and Daniel looked so in awe. He loved this show and placed it behind HEA at the end of the trip.

We made our way to the front as Epcot was now closed.
IMG_6989.jpg
IMG_6993.jpg

There was a bus as soon as we walked up to the bus stop (Did I mention our great timing with busses this trip??)

IMG_6995.PNG

Our room was pretty far back but we kept saying "We are young and able-bodied!!!"
(more on the able-bodied part later)

IMG_6996.jpg

We stopped in the gift shop/quick serve area to grab our mugs. No pictures yet but I got pink and Daniel got blue.
IMG_7001.jpg

And we finally made it!
I wanted a refurbed room but alas we were not so lucky. I was going to ask the front desk but at that point I was too tired and wanted to shower & sleep.
IMG_7003.jpg
IMG_7004.jpg
IMG_7005.jpg

It was clean (the tiles in the shower were kinda gross but oh well) and the beds were pretty comfortable!

Next up: finally the end of day 1

becca_

Original Poster
Last bit of Day 1:
IMG_7006.jpg
IMG_7009.jpg

Other than the shower, the wallpaper peeling was the only thing I noticed that was "old".

I thought the room was fine for our purpose which was to sleep and shower! It worked for us and we were near a bus stop. I requested a top floor but we got ground floor. It ended up being fine and we only heard people once. I think it depends where you stay though, like at an All Stars I bet you would hear lots of little kids!!
IMG_7007.jpg

I think I'd be lying if I said knowing they were handing these out didn't influence our stay here ;)
IMG_7008.jpg

We turned on some Stacey, I unpacked, showered, and we settled into bed.

Now, one would think that after a very full day I would have crashed immediately. NOPE :banghead:
Remember my latte?? Yeah, that was the worst idea ever. I was up for hours tossing and turning. I think I finally fell asleep around 1 or 2. Ugh. Oh well.. what are you gonna do?!

Next up: our first full day!!

prfctlyximprct

I miss maelstrom :( while I think the frozen ride is cute, it doesn’t belong in Epcot. I know they are trying to get people to go to other parks besides MK, but Frozen belongs with the other princesses! Idk!!! Maybe I’m just an old bitter Epcot lover. LOL! I missed the bearded red man on the painting before boarding.

Loving all your pictures :) and that Pizza looks so yummy!!!! Definitely not comparing the the chili I have for lunch today LOL :(

becca_

Original Poster
Love your trip details! I agree, the countries are enough. So interesting and fun. Maelstrom was great. 😊
Thank you!! :)
I miss maelstrom :( while I think the frozen ride is cute, it doesn’t belong in Epcot. I know they are trying to get people to go to other parks besides MK, but Frozen belongs with the other princesses! Idk!!! Maybe I’m just an old bitter Epcot lover. LOL! I missed the bearded red man on the painting before boarding.

Loving all your pictures :) and that Pizza looks so yummy!!!! Definitely not comparing the the chili I have for lunch today LOL :(
Is using #SaveMaelstrom too late now?? LOL
Yes!! The red beard guy!! I miss him!!
I wish I could have that pizza now... college food does not cut it! :depressed:
Great report! Thanks for the tag! Congrats on your AP! :D
Thank you!! I was thinking of you when I took the picture of the coffee so I had to tag you :hilarious:

Lyssa

Justin hated World Showcase, I wanted to walk around and explore, but he just found it so boring :( It made me sad, seeing you're picture, there was so much more to see

becca_

Original Poster
Justin hated World Showcase, I wanted to walk around and explore, but he just found it so boring :( It made me sad, seeing you're picture, there was so much more to see
I used to be the same way! When I was with family we would barely look at any pavilion. I think you should bribe him next time :hilarious:

becca_

Original Poster
Our First Full Day!

After my awful night of sleep, I woke up and immediately wanted to go back to bed... but I knew I had better things to do than to sleep! We were headed to Hollywood Studios this day!!

I got up a little later, not by much, than Daniel did. I think by 6:30 we both were awake.

We had cereal in the room and got ready to go. Obviously we had to take a selfie first!
IMG_7013.jpg

We left the room at 8am and DHS opened at 9. Not too shabby!
IMG_7014.jpg
IMG_7015.jpg

The sun was already out and warming things up! It was shaping up to be a great Disney day.
IMG_7016.jpg
IMG_7017.jpg
IMG_7018.jpg
IMG_7019.jpg
IMG_7020.jpg

Coronado Springs is hands down one of the prettiest resorts in my opinion. So I may have some photo overload but I promise its worth it!! I would 10000% stay here again even with the construction, it really didn't effect our stay at all since it is pretty localized to the tower and room renovations.
IMG_7021.jpg

We went into Cafe Rix (I think thats what it's called?) and filled up our mugs!

Up Next: more pre-DHS pics!

becca_

Original Poster
Day 2 continued:
IMG_7023.jpg

I had a coke and Daniel had coffee. I personally don't really like coffee immediately when I wake up, and I only like "coffee/espresso drinks" as I call them (think mocha latte or caramel macchiato)

We stopped at the front desk to grab some anniversary pins but they only had/give out the happily ever after ones. I thought it was weird since I saw people with the Happy Anniversary pins but whatever! I guess a pin is a pin LOL
IMG_7024.jpg
IMG_7025.jpg
IMG_7027.jpg

:joyfull::joyfull:
IMG_7030.jpg

Another thing I really loved about CSR is the location to the parks. It is very central to DHS, AK, and Epcot, and only a 10ish minute ride to MK. It was AMAZING being so close!! Most people like to stay at monorail hotels for convenience, but I would stay here for sure!
IMG_7032.jpg

We were let into DHS at 8:40 and were held right before Sunset Blvd.
IMG_7036.jpg

It didn't really feel that crowded!
IMG_7043.jpg

Then we were finally let loose! We had a date with an attraction...
IMG_7044.jpg

Had to take this since Daniel works out :happy::hilarious:
IMG_7047.jpg

Soon we were ready to Rock n Roll!!

Up next: more DHS!

Last edited:

LeighM

I felt the same way about Frozen Ever After. Some parts of the ride were awesome but those black/dark corridors really took away from the experience. The queue was so much better :) We're staying at CSR for the first time in March and I'm hoping to get a renovated room. Those bathroom tiles were gross lol. I'm not picky about too many things but a dirty looking bathroom in a hotel gets me every single time :)

ELeigh

More Day 1:

After Soarin', we wanted to grab a quick drink to warm us up and keep us up a bit as we were getting pretty exhausted from the long day we had. So we stopped at a Joffree's kiosk to get a mocha latte (for me.. more on this later) and a black coffee (for Daniel). I was channeling my inner @bee !

View attachment 260726View attachment 260727
We had a pretty good spot for Illuminations. It was in Mexico before La Cantina. I don't know where has the best spot but we could see everything and were at a railing so we weren't competing for space with others.

Now I have only seen Illuminations maybe twice before this and I just don't have a personal connection with the show but I do love the music (I listen to it at work pretty often). So the show was decent for me, but I just took it all in and remembered how LONG it took for Daniel and I to finally go on a vacation and how we had saved up for a year and a half. We were finally HERE!! It was our vacation and no one else's. I felt those warm and tingly feelings as the fireworks concluded and Daniel looked so in awe. He loved this show and placed it behind HEA at the end of the trip.

View attachment 260728View attachment 260729
There was a bus as soon as we walked up to the bus stop (Did I mention our great timing with busses this trip??)

View attachment 260730
Our room was pretty far back but we kept saying "We are young and able-bodied!!!"

View attachment 260731
We stopped in the gift shop/quick serve area to grab our mugs. No pictures yet but I got pink and Daniel got blue.
View attachment 260732
And we finally made it!
I wanted a refurbed room but alas we were not so lucky. I was going to ask the front desk but at that point I was too tired and wanted to shower & sleep.
View attachment 260733View attachment 260734View attachment 260735
It was clean (the tiles in the shower were kinda gross but oh well) and the beds were pretty comfortable!

More Day 1:

View attachment 260726View attachment 260727

View attachment 260728View attachment 260729

View attachment 260730

View attachment 260731
View attachment 260732
And we finally made it!
View attachment 260733View attachment 260734View attachment 260735

I noticed you mentioned picking up mugs, did you do the dining plan? I am wondering how the 2018 plan is working out for people.

ELeigh

Our First Full Day!

After my awful night of sleep, I woke up and immediately wanted to go back to bed... but I knew I had better things to do than to sleep! We were headed to Hollywood Studios this day!!

I got up a little later, not by much, than Daniel did. I think by 6:30 we both were awake.

We had cereal in the room and got ready to go. Obviously we had to take a selfie first!
View attachment 260965
We left the room at 8am and DHS opened at 9. Not too shabby!
View attachment 260966View attachment 260967
The sun was already out and warming things up! It was shaping up to be a great Disney day.
View attachment 260968View attachment 260969View attachment 260970View attachment 260971View attachment 260972
Coronado Springs is hands down one of the prettiest resorts in my opinion. So I may have some photo overload but I promise its worth it!! I would 10000% stay here again even with the construction, it really didn't effect our stay at all since it is pretty localized to the tower and room renovations.
View attachment 260973
We went into Cafe Rix (I think thats what it's called?) and filled up our mugs!

Up Next: more pre-DHS pics!
Your matching Star Wars outfits are so freaking cute!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom