Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
Arrival Day pt 3....

We were scheduled to take off at 9:50, however it was about 10 when our plane finally left Buffalo
IMG_6707.jpg

Bye snow!! Won't miss ya!!

IMG_6711.jpg

We ate snacks provided by Southwest and watched The Lion King on my laptop. For the rest of the trip, Daniel kept saying "Remember.." in his best Mufasa voice :hilarious:
IMG_6712.jpg

I had a coke to drink and Daniel didn't have anything!
IMG_6713.PNG
IMG_6717.jpg

More selfies, this time with Daniel in them!!
IMG_6720.jpg

Finally, at 12:30 (which was 10 minutes early), we landed in Orlando!!!!!
IMG_6722.jpg

We stopped at a bathroom to change into some shorts since it was about 70-75 degrees outside (and having been in the negatives the week before, this felt like 100!!!)
IMG_6723.jpg
IMG_6724.jpg

By 12:50 we were on the fonorail!!
IMG_6726.jpg

I made Daniel pull a @Doc Disney and stop for this picture :inlove:

Up next: we finally make it to the Magical Express!!

becca_

Original Poster
Magical Express/MCO continued
IMG_6728.jpg

The lines were not long at all!!
IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg
IMG_6731.jpg

We went in row 10, which ended up dropping only at Coronado Springs and AKL. We were the first stop.
IMG_6732.jpg
IMG_6734.jpg

We got on a pretty full bus at 1:03 and by 1:30 we were driving under this beauty:
IMG_6741.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove: the worst picture ever, but what a sight to see

IMG_6743.PNG

I love our Bitmojis on the snapchat map :hilarious:
IMG_6746.jpg

We pulled into Coronado Springs at 1:40pm which was much earlier than I had anticipated. We dropped our bags at Bell Services (which was actually collecting the luggage outside in 'The Luggage Room', duh Rebecca :facepalm:)

We quickly looked at the lobby and made way for the bus stop, which was right under the awning!
IMG_6752.jpg

I really love this lobby!!

But where would the bus be taking us????

Up next: our first park (half) day!

becca_

Original Poster
Day 1 continued

IMG_6755.jpg

Our first park would be Epcot!! The bus came in 2-3 minutes. We had AWESOME luck with busses this trip :)
IMG_6760.jpg

Oh look, another selfie :hilarious:
IMG_6761.jpg

We arrived here at 2:07pm. Before we could enter the park, I had to detour to Guest Services for a very expensive piece of plastic!
IMG_6762.jpg
IMG_6764.jpg

and by 2:15, I was *officially* an Annual Passholder!!
IMG_6766.jpg
IMG_6780.jpg

We stopped for a few pictures and then we were off to our first ride!!
IMG_6768.jpg

We decided to do standby for Spaceship Earth, which was posted at a 20 minute wait. This is where we encountered some pixie dust! Once we hopped in line, a cast member approached us and asked if we were waiting to get on Spaceship Earth, to which we said yes. He told us to follow him. He led us through the cast member exit and got us on the ride in 2 minutes. I really wish I had gotten his name!!! We couldn't thank him enough - and I was SOOOO happy that Daniel's first impression of Disney was a really positive one :inlove:

While we were on Spaceship Earth, I got this text! We were so excited to see our room, but we wouldn't go there until after Illuminations.
IMG_6773 2.png

From there, we made our way through Future World!
IMG_6775.jpg

I just love this little mickey!! I wish it was a little brighter though :)

Coming up: more future world fun!

becca_

Original Poster
HAHA! Same here! Everyone tells me to get Snap, but I feel like I’m not funny enough! :hilarious:
I think I wear too many clothes for that app...
I mostly use it to send pictures of stupid stuff/dumb selfies to my friends in college, lol. My mom has it too and sends me pictures of our family dog while I'm at school :inlove:

No one is too old/too unfunny for snapchat!! :joyfull::joyfull:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
View attachment 258966
:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
View attachment 258965

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Oh boy I am in! Daniel's first trip that he can actually remember. Since I am in the 'hold' postion for a Disney Vacation awaiting Flower and Garden what better way to pass the time than through the eyes of a First Timer. Crossing my fingers and throwing pixie dust that he his hooked on Disney after your trip. :inlove: Can't wait to hear more.

becca_

Original Poster
Oh boy I am in! Daniel's first trip that he can actually remember. Since I am in the 'hold' postion for a Disney Vacation awaiting Flower and Garden what better way to pass the time than through the eyes of a First Timer. Crossing my fingers and throwing pixie dust that he his hooked on Disney after your trip. :inlove: Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks for joining in!!! I guess you'll just have to wait and see how he feels ;)
P.S. F & G is my FAVORITE!!! I'll be there in March and May to see it :inlove:

Looks like a great start so far. Looking forward to reading more! I hope this doesn't come off as creepy, but you and Daniel both have fabulous eyebrows!
Thank you!! It's not creepy, I actually get compliments often!! I'll have to tell Daniel that his are just as good as mine ;):joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom