News 2018 Epcot Festival of the Arts dates revealed

largemarge

So on WDW’s facebook page today they posted that the festival is “open seven days a week”. However, information EVERYWHERE else seems to contradict this. We would love to go on Thursday as opposed to Saturday to avoid weekend crowds, but can’t seem to get a straight answer. Is it possible that they just decided to expand today?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So on WDW’s facebook page today they posted that the festival is “open seven days a week”. However, information EVERYWHERE else seems to contradict this. We would love to go on Thursday as opposed to Saturday to avoid weekend crowds, but can’t seem to get a straight answer. Is it possible that they just decided to expand today?
It was announced back in Sep that it would be daily http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epco...d-for-the-2018-epcot-festival-of-the-arts.htm

Kman101

It is seven days a week this year. I believe the only thing on Friday-Sunday is the Broadway singers in the American Gardens Theater. Everything else festival-wise is Monday-Sunday.

largemarge

Thanks so much for the info! This is such good news that we can experience it on Thursday as opposed to Saturday to avoid the weekend crowds!

Amused to Death

It's really not all that fantastic, honestly. Overpriced artwork, with little variance between artists...

I went today and walked away super disappointed. "Festival of the Arts," my . They've basically taken their Art of Disney, Pop Gallery, and Wyland Gallery overstock and tossed it into several tents around the lagoon. Jasmine Becket-Griffith, James Coleman, Larry Dotson, Rob Kaz, Thomas Kinkade, all of the usual suspects. Outside of being able to marble your own $89 scarf, there is absolutely nothing at this festival that you can't already see in these stores on any other day of the year.

ptaylor

Premium Member
I went today and walked away super disappointed. "Festival of the Arts," my ***. They've basically taken their Art of Disney, Pop Gallery, and Wyland Gallery overstock and tossed it into several tents around the lagoon. Jasmine Becket-Griffith, James Coleman, Larry Dotson, Rob Kaz, Thomas Kinkade, all of the usual suspects. Outside of being able to marble your own $89 scarf, there is absolutely nothing at this festival that you can't already see in these stores on any other day of the year.
Yes it lacking. The Broadway concert is the only thing of any substance. The food kiosks are there nearly all year now, so are not that exciting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does anyone know if Animation Academy returned to the Arts festival in 2018? They had it last year. And this year, there are advertised free workshops daily on other type of projects.

The lack of mention makes me think it didn't return, but then some blogs say cryptic things which makes me think it returned, or, they're poorly characterizing the free seminars.

floridagirl57

I personally gave up on F&W years ago and I've been disappointed in the F&G festival the last few years (LOVE the ambiance, EPCOT always looks amazing, but food is lackluster). I have no shame in admitting that I am a huge fan of the Festival of the Arts. The food is above and beyond what is served at the other festivals and the entertainment is unique and fun.I really hope the offerings remain strong and I'm already looking forward to the Festival next year.

Magic Feather

Does anyone know if Animation Academy returned to the Arts festival in 2018? They had it last year. And this year, there are advertised free workshops daily on other type of projects.

The lack of mention makes me think it didn't return, but then some blogs say cryptic things which makes me think it returned, or, they're poorly characterizing the free seminars.
Yes, but now it is in Oddysey (since the old space is now the SpectacuLAME).

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Just found a blogger posting about it and even giving a time!
2 – Animation Academy: Long time Disney World fans will remember they used to have this as a regular thing at Hollywood Studios. One of the Disney artists draws a character step by step and you can view their work on a TV screen and follow along . You leave with a completed character drawing. It’s a lot of fun, takes about 20 minutes and is free. You’ll find it at the Odyssey Pavilion from 2:00-8:30 PM.

http://livingbydisney.com/10-things-must-epcots-festival-arts/

rocketraccoon

The walls around UoE are housing some of those completed group paintings that you can do in World Showcase. From "Passport to the Parks" on Flickr:

39039816995_c43e3f5635_b.jpg

zengoth

I went today and walked away super disappointed. "Festival of the Arts," my ***. They've basically taken their Art of Disney, Pop Gallery, and Wyland Gallery overstock and tossed it into several tents around the lagoon. Jasmine Becket-Griffith, James Coleman, Larry Dotson, Rob Kaz, Thomas Kinkade, all of the usual suspects. Outside of being able to marble your own $89 scarf, there is absolutely nothing at this festival that you can't already see in these stores on any other day of the year.
This. Exactly this. And why they are calling tie-dye “marbling” now i have no idea

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
This. Exactly this. And why they are calling tie-dye “marbling” now i have no idea

Because nothing is being tied for this effect? And cloth that is tied for dying creates radial patterns but marbling creates layered patterns?

They are two very different techniques and results.

zengoth

Because nothing is being tied for this effect? And cloth that is tied for dying creates radial patterns but marbling creates layered patterns?

They are two very different techniques and results.
thanks, mr. p - if only they had described it like that in the accompanying literature, i'd have a new scarf right now. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom