Fantasyland Expansion

dweezil78

I think that will eventually happen. The challenge trail is just a placeholder.

Definitely an area that is easily sacrificed for something bigger/better... My kid freaking loves the challenge trail though, he'd be bummed to see it go. For what it is, it's actually pretty cool. I'd much prefer to kick it there with him than over on Tom Sawyer's Island where I lose sight of him within 10 seconds in all those nooks and crannies I can't fit in!!

mickEblu

I think that will eventually happen. The challenge trail is just a placeholder.

So what do we think goes there- assuming the area stays as Grizzly Peak which is a pretty safe bet. We know there is a 90% chance it has to be IP related. So which IP fits the bill? Bambi, Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas, Brother Bear and mayyyybeee UP are a few that come to mind but they’re definitely not merchandise movers. I like the idea of a Country Bear coaster with dark ride scenes but that ain’t happening. Of course something like Mystic Manor would be great but no popular IP there so probably not happening. Then again, there is an alien Oil refinery in Hollywoodland so who knows?

Or maybe there is a way to make it a Paradise Park ride with an entrance by Mermaid which would open options up a bit.

Last edited:

Pam Hates Penguins

i have always thought that they could do something similar to 7DMT but in DCA. I think that if they re-aligned the walkway that leads from Soarin to grizzley they could really add a good footprint for a small family coaster.
Instead of having the walkway curve right against grizzley drop move it so that it goes north/west under the monorail track then curve south.

The attraction can have plenty of rockwork and greenery to make it look like an extention of grizzley area. They can even extend the track a bit so that it is elevated and behind the restroom and shops with a curve at the eastern side near the shop. They can even get a little imaginative and have a small section of the track themed to a wooden bridge that goes over the geyser area of grizzley.
Even better they can use the ride system that they used for Casey junior train in Paris and theme the small coaster to a train ride and add a few small animal aa's.

This would add a nice mountain themed family ride to the area since right now Grizzley has two major rides that have height limits which causes groups of family members to wait around while the older sibling ride Soarin and grizzley.
They really need to start thinking about using the under utilized areas of the park to fill in attractions. I know there are areas of the park that need help but DCA has an issue in the afternoon and evenings when most of Paradise Pier closes for WOC and Grizzley empties out because of the weather and water feature. The kids play area is also great but also shuts down as soon as sun down and creates another mpty area of a park desperately in need of more attractions.

for visual here is a quick redraw of the area and i marked a possible area for a small attraction

View attachment 260961

No! That's a large portion of the Disneyland cats' habitat. I see them there every single time I walk by there!

nevol

So what do we think goes there- assuming the area stays as Grizzly Peak which is a pretty safe bet. We know there is a 90% chance it has to be IP related. So which IP fits the bill? Bambi, Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas, Brother Bear and mayyyybeee UP are a few that come to mind but they’re definitely not merchandise movers. I like the idea of a Country Bear coaster with dark ride scenes but that ain’t happening. Of course something like Mystic Manor would be great but no popular IP there so probably not happening. Then again, there is an alien Oil refinery in Hollywoodland so who knows?

Or maybe there is a way to make it a Paradise Park ride with an entrance by Mermaid which would open options up a bit.
Micechat reported on a rumored non-ip eticket that’s on the way, and they imagined it would be mystic, but they thought the show building would be behind screamin’. Take it with a grain of salt of course. I think it would be a great move for the park, escpecially since it is becoming grotesquely IP. Soarin and another non-ip attraction could really solidify it as a legitimate park with a sincere sense of place.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Micechat reported on a runored non-ip eticket that’s on the way, and they imagined it would be mystic, but they thought the show building would be behind screamin’. Taken with a grain of salt of course. I think it would be a great move for the park, escpecially since it is becoming grotesquely IP. Soarin and another non-ip attraction could really solidify it as a legitimate park with a sincere sense of place.

I think that was more wishful thinking from Dusty but i agree that it would be great for the park and refreshing at this point.

Nland316

It was always discussed that post-GE, Disneyland would focus on expanding Fantasyland. However more recently this expansion has turned focused towards Toontown with the upcoming rumored/greenlit addition of MMRR.

Tokyo Disneyland recently released this video showing more detail surrounding their BatB attraction, which is seemingly an E-Ticket.

I can’t help but think that this offers a glimpse into what we can roughly expect of a Fantasyland expansion in the mid 2020’s after Toontown is revitalized, particularly taking the place of the Fantasyland Theater/Motorboat area.

Any insiders have any info on this potential expansion after Toontown is completed since this seems rather inevitable?

truecoat

It was always discussed that post-GE, Disneyland would focus on expanding Fantasyland. However more recently this expansion has turned focused towards Toontown with the upcoming rumored/greenlit addition of MMRR.

Tokyo Disneyland recently released this video showing more detail surrounding their BatB attraction, which is seemingly an E-Ticket.

I can’t help but think that this offers a glimpse into what we can roughly expect of a Fantasyland expansion in the mid 2020’s after Toontown is revitalized, particularly taking the place of the Fantasyland Theater/Motorboat area.

Any insiders have any info on this potential expansion after Toontown is completed since this seems rather inevitable?

That looks amazing! 10 passenger ride vehicles too! One scene had 5 vehicles going around a scene so 50 people at a time means better throughput I would think.

brb1006

Meanwhile WDW has this.

SweetDuffy101

This attraction was the proposed attraction for Disneyland Paris and Tokyo picked it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom