Fantasyland Expansion

Progress.City

Original Poster
Just saw briefly on the Internet some where something I was unaware of - plans to expand Fantasyland to the north with an E-ticket Frozen attraction. What is known about this project?

Darkbeer1

There has been talk for awhile that the Fantasyland Theater area will be converted to a new attraction. Nothing official has been announced, and unlikely to start until after Galaxy Edge opens, increasing park capacity.

GiveMeTheMusic

Just saw briefly on the Internet some where something I was unaware of - plans to expand Fantasyland to the north with an E-ticket Frozen attraction. What is known about this project?

For a period of time an Arendelle expansion was planned for the Toontown space and expansion pad next to it. That project seems to have fallen off the radar with Toontown getting a revamp centered around Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway from WDW instead.

But as usual, plans can keep changing until the thing's doors open.

Rich T

Maybe the public's negative reaction to that Olaf Christmas short clued Disney into the fact that Frozen just might have overstayed its welcome.

Stevek

Maybe the public's negative reaction to that Olaf Christmas short clued Disney into the fact that Frozen just might have overstayed its welcome.
The public reacted negatively to it? I saw a bunch of Disney related bloggers, Tweeters, FB folks react but didn't hear a lot of folks saying it was bad. We enjoyed it...maybe a bit too long though but not like anyone really should complain about getting some extra content for the price of their ticket.

Rich T

The public reacted negatively to it? I saw a bunch of Disney related bloggers, Tweeters, FB folks react but didn't hear a lot of folks saying it was bad. We enjoyed it...maybe a bit too long though but not like anyone really should complain about getting some extra content for the price of their ticket.
Yeah, I thought it was silly that people were complaning that they got too much animation for their money. :D But it made the entertainment news headlines that people were not happy to sit through nearly a half hour of Olaf when they just wanted to see Coco, and the short was quickly pulled from theaters. Slow news week.

Stevek

For a period of time an Arendelle expansion was planned for the Toontown space and expansion pad next to it. That project seems to have fallen off the radar with Toontown getting a revamp centered around Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway from WDW instead.

This is probably a much easier fix...keep a significant presence/land in Walt's original park for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, etc and bring in a ride that focuses on them. It really is the best move IMO.

EPCOTCenterLover

I'd be happy to see a Frozen land at DL, actually, but on the site of the Motor Boat Cruise with the Matterhorn in the background.
Add the Mickey attraction to the backside of DCA's theater landmark with an entrance from inside the Carthay.

Curious Constance

If I PM you my phone number, will you put me on speed dial and call me the second you ever hear anything related to Disney, period?

D.Silentu

Truthfully it's a mite disappointing that Toontown may stay. In fairness, I was already too old for it when it was built, but even so these days it's a shadow of its original design. I'm always amused to see that the roller coaster is still themed to Rescue Rangers. I think a lot of people stick up for it due to the fear of Roger Rabbit's eventual demise. I won't be thrilled to see the ride go, yet it seems like the sole reason the land limps along and in a park that's short on space there is so much that could be done with the area.

Last edited:

TROR

Unpopular opinion but I hate Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. Could just be because the woman behind me in line was talking about her murdered son the entire time, though.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'd be happy to see a Frozen land at DL, actually, but on the site of the Motor Boat Cruise with the Matterhorn in the background.
Add the Mickey attraction to the backside of DCA's theater landmark with an entrance from inside the Carthay.

I agree. At this point I'm pretty much over Mickey, Frozen, Toy Story, Princesses, Nightmare Before Christmas, whatever, so it hardly makes a difference to me, lol. Since there's literally no chance in hell they will ever greenlight anything besides IP it's hard to get excited about any of these ideas. Beyond SW:GE, Marvel Land, and the new hotel, and maybe a redo of the Hub, the proposed lineup for future projects in Anaheim feels uninspired. Maybe I'll end up changing my tune, but I just can't get worked up about a Mickey Mouse ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom