Is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster changing its theme soon?

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I'll give you that it's music. Kind of. But it's not personality driven, certainly not like a rock band.
Some EDM has personality. You just have to have an ear for it. Whenever I hear a Skrillex song, I can tell it's a Skrillex song (but maybe that's because he subliminally embeds his name in all his songs lol).

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Here is one of my favorite EDM/dubstep/electronic songs called Dry Out. I think it would be perfect for a roller coaster!

Just imagine listening to this on full blast while looping through the dark with some cool lights! I think it'd be awesome!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is one of my favorite EDM/dubstep/electronic songs called Dry Out. I think it would be perfect for a roller coaster!

Just imagine listening to this on full blast while looping through the dark with some cool lights! I think it'd be awesome!

I like the part where the composer dropped the beat... somewhere outside of this track. :p

tonystank18

With Disney basically rehauling most of the rides/attractions at Hollywood Studios within the last few years (even my favorite Disney attraction of all time The Great Movie Ride) I think the Rockin' Roller Coaster is in need of a retheme or overhaul or in general. There have been a few themes thrown out in the last few years like Guardians of the Galaxy (which is already getting a roller coaster attraction in Epcot) and Monsters, Inc. (which I think would be a big mistake if that is the retheme). I have conjured up an idea for a replacement for Rockin' Roller Coaster in my head for the last few weeks and would be an Avengers themed coaster. In the case of there being two Marvel themed roller coasters in the same resort here is my case. The Avengers roller coaster that I personally think would be a great replacement would be (in Universal Orlando Resort's terms) the Harry Potter Escape from Gringotts attraction, the more superior intense roller coaster while the Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster would be (as of January 30th 2018 since not knowing entirely what the attraction would be but what I have heard it would be) the new Harry Potter indoor lesser intense roller coaster that is being built where Dragon Challenge (or in Disney's terms Space Mountain) once stood. You could keep the archway leading into the attraction by putting the Avengers "A" logo engraved into the top of it and say below the it "Avengers Headquarters". They would (in my mind) gut the whole attraction to build a new show building that would host a new more high tech coaster than we have now. The outside of the show building would look like what were getting for an Avengers attraction in Hong Kong Disneyland. I know the chances of this attraction happening are slim since Universal still has the rights to make Marvel attractions based on the characters you need for this ride like Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc. But it would be a dang good replacement if this got green-lit and built in the park.

Brer Oswald

With Disney basically rehauling most of the rides/attractions at Hollywood Studios within the last few years (even my favorite Disney attraction of all time The Great Movie Ride) I think the Rockin' Roller Coaster is in need of a retheme or overhaul or in general. There have been a few themes thrown out in the last few years like Guardians of the Galaxy (which is already getting a roller coaster attraction in Epcot) and Monsters, Inc. (which I think would be a big mistake if that is the retheme). I have conjured up an idea for a replacement for Rockin' Roller Coaster in my head for the last few weeks and would be an Avengers themed coaster. In the case of there being two Marvel themed roller coasters in the same resort here is my case. The Avengers roller coaster that I personally think would be a great replacement would be (in Universal Orlando Resort's terms) the Harry Potter Escape from Gringotts attraction, the more superior intense roller coaster while the Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster would be (as of January 30th 2018 since not knowing entirely what the attraction would be but what I have heard it would be) the new Harry Potter indoor lesser intense roller coaster that is being built where Dragon Challenge (or in Disney's terms Space Mountain) once stood. You could keep the archway leading into the attraction by putting the Avengers "A" logo engraved into the top of it and say below the it "Avengers Headquarters". They would (in my mind) gut the whole attraction to build a new show building that would host a new more high tech coaster than we have now. The outside of the show building would look like what were getting for an Avengers attraction in Hong Kong Disneyland. I know the chances of this attraction happening are slim since Universal still has the rights to make Marvel attractions based on the characters you need for this ride like Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc. But it would be a dang good replacement if this got green-lit and built in the park.
If Disney got the rights to use the Avengers and the rest of Marvel, why not put the time and effort into making a whole Marvel land behind Galaxy’s Edge? Of course, they could retheme RnRC to Avengers, make a Spider-Man Tower of Terror, and Sunset Blvd is the new Marvel land*shudders* :depressed:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If Disney got the rights to use the Avengers and the rest of Marvel, why not put the time and effort into making a whole Marvel land behind Galaxy’s Edge? Of course, they could retheme RnRC to Avengers and make a Spider-Man Tower of Terror *shudders* :depressed:

RnRC could be an Incredibles or Big Hero 6 re-theme and ToT could be Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange would require almost no changes to the exterior or the interior hotel theming. Just replace the TZ storyline with saving people who got stuck in the Astral Plane.

tonystank18

I very highly doubt Disney will want to change Tower of Terror due to 2 reasons. #1 The backlash they got for retheming the installment in DCA and #2 The ride is one of Disney's best attractions right now. Within the next decade I bet the ride will be with the greats like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Original Journey Into Imagination, etc. I have also heard before that Disney absolutely no plans to change ToT. I will restate that the reason why I would love an Avengers coaster in that specific attraction is because Rockin' Roller Coaster has felt dated for the last few years (especially the gift shop). I think a replacement for the ride especially an Avengers-themed roller coaster if Disney could get the rights to built the attraction would to bring the balance from the right side of the park (Avengers coaster, ToT) and the left side of the park (SW Land, TS Land) with the new additions being made to each side of the park while not making one side feel so old compared to the other.

imperius

If Disney got the rights to use the Avengers and the rest of Marvel, why not put the time and effort into making a whole Marvel land behind Galaxy’s Edge? Of course, they could retheme RnRC to Avengers, make a Spider-Man Tower of Terror, and Sunset Blvd is the new Marvel land*shudders* :depressed:
Except they can’t do either of those.

Brer Oswald

I very highly doubt Disney will want to change Tower of Terror due to 2 reasons. #1 The backlash they got for retheming the installment in DCA and #2 The ride is one of Disney's best attractions right now. Within the next decade I bet the ride will be with the greats like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Original Journey Into Imagination, etc. I have also heard before that Disney absolutely no plans to change ToT. I will restate that the reason why I would love an Avengers coaster in that specific attraction is because Rockin' Roller Coaster has felt dated for the last few years (especially the gift shop). I think a replacement for the ride especially an Avengers-themed roller coaster if Disney could get the rights to built the attraction would to bring the balance from the right side of the park (Avengers coaster, ToT) and the left side of the park (SW Land, TS Land) with the new additions being made to each side of the park while not making one side feel so old compared to the other.
Yes, ToT is amazing, leave it as is please. But having an Avengers coaster beside it makes less thematic sense than R’n’RC. If they really think Aerosmith is outdated (which it’s not and they have very good music), they could take all but one of the Aerosmith songs out, and play a bunch of classic rock songs from multiple different bands.

tonystank18

Yes, ToT is amazing, leave it as is please. But having an Avengers coaster beside it makes less thematic sense than R’n’RC. If they really think Aerosmith is outdated (which it’s not and they have very good music), they could take all but one of the Aerosmith songs out, and play a bunch of classic rock songs from multiple different bands.
I personally love Aerosmith as a band (one of my favorites) but I think gift shop, queue (with in my opinion is the worst outdoor queue in the resort) and preshow haven't been dating so well in the last few years, again my personal opinion. In a way the Echo Lake area is based on a real place in Los Angles and I doubt I would see a Galactic Spacestation in the middle of the town (Star Tours) in the arguement of theming. And I know that might not be the best example theming in Hollywood Studios but I in a way could believe that the Avengers would built a base California and want you to visit them. Like I have said, the chances of this being reality is slim but who knows what could happen in the future.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom