News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Getting back on topic... The question I have is: Does anyone have any insight as to what will be presented at this new theater? Stage show? Movie? Something else? And will people really flock to it because of what's being presented, or just because "it's new!!!" and/or they couldn't find anything else to get a FastPass for?

I doubt anyone will know for sure until the building is complete or close to being complete. I'm pretty sure it'll be a stage show though. From everything I've gathered. There have been rumors about the show either being Frozen, Tangled, or Aladdin, if the stage show is one that has already been put on.

Personally... I'd love to see a stageshow that incorporates many different Disney animated films into one show. Similar to the extra shows Disney has on cruise ships like Villains Tonight!, or the storybook show at Disneyland. But I'd like a more definite plot with interesting main characters.

Old Mouseketeer

I’m still unclear of what you are saying Eisner started. Are you just referring to the reorganization in 1986?

Eisner rebranded Walt Disney Productions as the Walt Disney Company with sub-brands like Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Feature Animation, and Walt Disney Home Video. Copyrights began to change from (c) Walt Disney Productions to (c) Disney and other IP notices followed suit. They began to enforce usage of brands as an adjective with an accompanying noun, such as Disneyland "Park" and Walt Disney World "Resort". This had been inconsistent before IIRC.

IMO, Eisner began the emphasis on protecting and leveraging the Disney brand that Iger continued and expanded.

Driver

The area to the right ( wooded/grassy) of this red square and toward the top right hand corner is where the construction has started (past 6 weeks +/-. I highly doubt anything would happen within the red square this is a high traffic area for a bus route and truck unloading . And currently besides all that they have some of it fenced in for staging construction materials.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The area to the right ( wooded/grassy) of this red square and toward the top right hand corner is where the construction has started (past 6 weeks +/-. I highly doubt anything would happen within the red square this is a high traffic area for a bus route and truck unloading . And currently besides all that they have some of it fenced in for staging construction materials.

We have seen the plans, the theater is going in the red square. The area to the right of the red box if probably drainage work.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting!!

upload_2017-11-20_14-48-54-png.245585

Driver

I’m not sure I understand the question. Buses already run there as it is where the westclock buses drop off cast at the Magic Kingdom.
Westclock has a large area to turn the bus around sort of like a cul de sac. The turnaround area for Pluto is exactly where the drawing shows the new building. The corner of the building goes almost to the existing tunnel. There hardly seems to be enough room to get a car in never mind busses and tractor trailers. And are you confusing Westclock with Pluto?

peter11435

Westclock has a large area to turn the bus around sort of like a cul de sac. The turnaround area for Pluto is exactly where the drawing shows the new building. The corner of the building goes almost to the existing tunnel. There hardly seems to be enough room to get a car in never mind busses and tractor trailers. And are you confusing Westclock with Pluto?
No I’m not confusing anything.

Currently there are two MK cast routes. 1 goes from westclock to the mouth of the tunnel behind fantasyland. The second runs from the Pluto lot to Park 1 behind Main Street.

What I’m saying is that the Pluto route could drop off at the same location the westclock route drops off. So buses would run between the Pluto lot and the mouth of the tunnel behind Fantasyland. This has been done before.

DisneyDreamerxyz

I used to work on Main Street East (Pandora, Uptown, Confectionery, Art of Cinema, Chapeau, etc) and this new theatre will completely change the way cast-members do things. Us castmembers really value that space behind the buildings to go out and sit on our breaks, there is also an employee cafeteria back there that I guess will shut down. I took my breaks back there quite a bit. A lot of people do not like to take their breaks in the cafeteria down in the tunnel.

One area back there is specifically for the balloon people where they fill up the balloons before they go out on Main Street, not sure how they will hide this when the new theatre is built. Security and PhotoPass also gather back there before/after they go out for their shifts.The coolers also sit out there filled with water where the stockers run to get water for the carts at the entrance of the park. The dumpsters for garbage are also back there so those will probably have to be relocated, it's where all the garbage and cardboard go from the confectionery, etc. They also have stock rooms for the confectionery and Starbucks that are back there.

I know that a lot of the leaders that work in this area do not take the West Clock bus and take the Pluto shuttle or park back in the parking area so I am sure they are not happy about this change and I am wondering if they will have to start taking West Clock and walk down the tunnel like the rest of us.

Overall though I think that big parking area was a waste of space and although some events do happen back there like (every summer they have the Employee Appreciation event in a tent in this parking lot, so that will have to be moved) I think a nice new big theatre will be a great addition. Plus I know alot of guests do not like being forced to walk down Main Street and it does get really congested (crowd control struggles to get people off the streets for parades etc) so redeveloping the back area as another walkway will greatly improve things overall. I am just saying that as someone who has worked in this area it's a huge game changer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom