News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Kman101

Any sort of purpose or story other than just "a pretty night time boat ride on Pandora"

Nothing wrong with a pretty night time boat ride on Pandora. It just needed a little more than it got. But what's there is very nice. But I can see some being bored if we aren't chasing someone or something isn't chasing us.

Jungle Cruise and Small World (are much longer and better than River Journey, that goes without saying) are likely seen as "boring boat rides" to some ... sometimes there's nothing wrong with a quiet diversion attraction. But it's too short. A third attraction in the land would have made the boat ride less of a focus and more of something to do as a walk on, or a 10 minute wait.

Next Big Thing

Coaster.

With the boat ride a rapids D ticket ride.

Two Ds and an E.

I’ve said it elsewhere. We rode the boat and went "meh". We got off FoP and thought it was very good, and were then ready to ride the lands anchor attraction.
I feel like your inside knowledge likely hurts how you view the final product of what gets built.

Just because it was what was planned (A LONG TIME AGO... there hasn't been 3 rides planned since about 2012-13) doesn't mean that's what we should hold the end product too. There's lots of rides that were never built in World showcase yet you still love original Epcot Center.

Also, while i've known that a coaster was supposed to be the third ride for about 5 years, there's no way I could ever expect it to top Flight of Passage. And if it somehow did, it would have to be the most immersive coaster ever built.

I hadn't felt the way I felt getting off a FoP since my first ride on Forbidden Journey in 2010.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel like your inside knowledge likely hurts how you view the final product of what gets built.

Just because it was what was planned (A LONG TIME AGO... there hasn't been 3 rides planned since about 2012-13) doesn't mean that's what we should hold the end product too. There's lots of rides that were never built in World showcase yet you still love original Epcot Center.

Also, while i've known that a coaster was supposed to be the third ride for about 5 years, there's no way I could ever expect it to top Flight of Passage. And if it somehow did, it would have to be the most immersive coaster ever built.

I hadn't felt the way I felt getting off a FoP since my first ride on Forbidden Journey in 2010.

As you know I wasn’t totally completely and utterly blown away by FoP. And I enjoy the IP. It was good, very good, but certainly not the be all and end all.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

As you know I wasn’t totally completely and utterly blown away by FoP. And I enjoy the IP. It was good, very good, but certainly not the be all and end all.
Oh, it's not the be all and end all, certainly. Spider-Man, FJ and ToT are my Top 3 still. FoP is up there after that - it could be argued that one of the very impressive omni's like SSE or HM are more impressive than FoP and i'd have no problem with that... it's all just a matter of opinion though.

Actually, I think SSE and HM ARE more impressive than FoP. However I think FoP is more WOW inducing. Again, personal opinion. I love FoP so if there was something that was to be better than it I think that would almost undoubtedly have made Pandora the best themed land in the world. At least Domestically... some things at TDS may have rivaled it.

If you can share... what was this coaster to be like that was to make it so good?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you can share... what was this coaster to be like that was to make it so good?

Innovative ride system (bike derivative), indoor and outdoor show scenes, show stops. Details were patchy but I recall being sadly told some time ago that the anchor E was being axed. That left a D simulator style ride and an indoor D rapids ride. Then the D rapids became a C boat. And explained by two different people whom I trust.

(Not my designations)

Regardless, my personal thoughts on FoP aren’t based on what could have been. It’s good, but not brilliant.

Last edited:

bclane

Innovative ride system (bike derivative), indoor and outdoor show scenes, show stops. Details were patchy but I recall being sadly told some time ago that the anchor E was being axed. That left a D simulator style ride and an indoor D rapids ride. Then the D rapids became a C boat. And explained by two different people whom I trust.

(Not my designations)

Regardless, my personal thoughts on FoP aren’t based on what could have been. It’s good, but not brilliant.
You have probably already answered this and if so, I apologize. But at one point there was a crazy rumor that the FoP ride vehicles were going to be something akin to us riding on animatronic banshees vs what we ended up with. I am just curious if there was ever any truth to this and it got cut or was it always just nonsense?

Disneyhead'71

Oh, it's not the be all and end all, certainly. Spider-Man, FJ and ToT are my Top 3 still. FoP is up there after that - it could be argued that one of the very impressive omni's like SSE or HM are more impressive than FoP and i'd have no problem with that... it's all just a matter of opinion though.

Actually, I think SSE and HM ARE more impressive than FoP. However I think FoP is more WOW inducing. Again, personal opinion. I love FoP so if there was something that was to be better than it I think that would almost undoubtedly have made Pandora the best themed land in the world. At least Domestically... some things at TDS may have rivaled it.

For me it's:
1. FJ
2. Spider-man
3. ToT
4. HM
5. Kong
6. PotC
7. Mummy
8. FoP
9. Gringott's
10. Mako

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You have probably already answered this and if so, I apologize. But at one point there was a crazy rumor that the FoP ride vehicles were going to be something akin to us riding on animatronic banshees vs what we ended up with. I am just curious if there was ever any truth to this and it got cut or was it always just nonsense?
I think was overexcited fan boi rumour and reading too much into press releases.

bclane

Kong better than FoP? I mean, I’m one of the few here that does enjoy Kong, but surely you jest.
I like Kong too, but only since I've started sitting in the back third of the truck every time I ride it. If I sit anywhere near the front the effect just doesn't work for me. Also the window seats allow you to see the screens too much, so sitting further towards the center of a row is also better for me. But yeah, I agree, FoP is the better ride...at least for me personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom