News Talking Mickey to leave Magic Kingdom

deeevo

My wife is going to flip her you know what.... I expect wait times to plummet since you can see a mute Mickey at all the other parks. Feel bad for those families that have vacations booked in June and are expecting Mickey to speak. Wonder if they will make this public so the kiddo's are not confused when Mickey is silent.

smile

The fact that Mickey talked with him is a big part of what convinced my grandson that Mickey is REAL! He will tell you that the other characters are just people dressed up but not Mickey. He's real! . It stinks that they would remove this experience. It seems that WDW gets a little less magical every year. :(

not to argue, or even necessarily disagree, and your grandson sounds adorable...
but, isn't that kind of in-line with the stated reason? a lessening of the other interactions.

Maybe if they receive enough complaints once this happens they’ll.... oh who am I kidding.

if you care, you should - doing nothing signals indifference

DisAl

not to argue, or even necessarily disagree, and your grandson sounds adorable...
but, isn't that kind of in-line with the stated reason? a lessening of the other interactions.

Yes, you have a point. But if that is what their logic is next thing you know they will be replacing the New York strip steaks in the restaurants with hamburger steaks.

brb1006

I sort of don't care that they're getting rid of this I guess. The experience was always very awkward.
Maybe it's because most of the stuff Mickey says are on a different setting. When Talking Mickey was first seen at Disneyland months after his debut at D23 years ago. It actually felt more lively and less awkward. Such as one video of Mickey laughing in real time and was able to give longer conversations during the "Test" period.

brb1006

My wife is going to flip her you know what.... I expect wait times to plummet since you can see a mute Mickey at all the other parks. Feel bad for those families that have vacations booked in June and are expecting Mickey to speak. Wonder if they will make this public so the kiddo's are not confused when Mickey is silent.
You can tell you are about to meet Talking Mickey when the lines are longer and takes a while to get in compared to the standard silent Mickey where the lines move faster and shorter.

MaximumEd

Yes, you have a point. But if that is what their logic is next thing you know they will be replacing the New York strip steaks in the restaurants with hamburger steaks.

A hamburger steak would have been much better than the strip I had at Be Our Guest in November, but I see your point. It’s another take away.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don't see this going away. Maybe it's current iteration but not for good. Too much money and time spent creating this tech to just toss it. The amount of patents show Disney is invested in seeing this perfected. If it does go away; it's because it's not yet up to a satisfactory standard.

asianway

I don't see this going away. Maybe it's current iteration but not for good. Too much money and time spent creating this tech to just toss it. The amount of patents show Disney is invested in seeing this perfected. If it does go away; it's because it's not yet up to a satisfactory standard.
@mm522 is a reliable source on things like this. Consider it a done deal

Cmdr_Crimson

Performers trained at the venue were called today. The change will be happening sometime in May. Shocking and sad news for all involved there.

@mm522 is a reliable source on things like this. Consider it a done deal

Well then, that changes my thought on this and the venue became a full out waste...Yeah they had him there before the change but, the reason for that was because of this whole thing....I say toss Mickey back into Storybook Circus or bring out other characters for the theater like Oswald, Claribelle & Horace...

VJ

Wow. Just wow. I was joking because I never thought TDO would make such a stupid move, but... there it is.

Innovation? What's that? Old man Walt knew nothing. What only matters is how to save a penny when dollars are flying overhead.

mm52200

It might not do anything but it never hurts to express how much you love the meet and greet experience as is to Disney. That’s all you can do for now and when the change does happen, let them know how you feel about it.

Donaldfan1934

I just got his confirmed. He will leave May 2018 and be replaced by regular Mickey. It’s a pure cost saving move.
And they just got those new heads in too. This is beyond pathetic.
Wow, this is low - even for TDO.
Indeed. From what I've heard, it was one of the highest rated experiences in all of WDW. Hopefully, the backlash is strong enough to make an impact. Not that there's a precedent for negative feedback changing much at Disney, but given the unique circumstances, it just might work.

asianway

Well then, that changes my thought on this and the venue became a full out waste...Yeah they had him there before the change but, the reason for that was because of this whole thing....I say toss Mickey back into Storybook Circus or bring out other characters for the theater like Oswald, Claribelle & Horace...
Or move one mans dream back to MK and use the space as was originally intended? Using that valuable space as a meeting venue is insane

brb1006

Wow. Just wow. I was joking because I never thought TDO would make such a stupid move, but... there it is.

Innovation? What's that? Old man Walt knew nothing. What only matters is how to save a penny when dollars are flying overhead.
I remember back during my Senior Trip to WDW back in 2015. Everyone who went weren't aware that they are able to meet Talking Mickey. I was the only student who was aware of this and talked told my High School principal where Mickey was at. I told him the exact location and hours later he told me how surprised he was when he saw him. He told me that Mickey said "That's a big responsibility" when my principal told him he was the one organzing the trip. I never seen him so proud in my life. I'm going to be very sad when it finally comes.

Cmdr_Crimson

Or move one mans dream back to MK and use the space as was originally intended? Using that valuable space as a meeting venue is insane

Wait? Are any of the Theaters during The Walt Disney Story era Still intact? Last I recall I thought it was completely gutted...
From Imagineeringdisney
1515887705772.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom