News Engines missing from Test Track Queue

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Not a big deal but just a curious observation that the model engines were missing from the Test Track queue tonight. Do they temporarily remove them from there on crazy nights like this to keep folks off of them?

Attachments

• 6EB07CBE-6A8C-4A9F-ABDE-AD9A56073692.jpeg
    6EB07CBE-6A8C-4A9F-ABDE-AD9A56073692.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 423

SpaceMountain77

What has long intrigued me has been the engine that has been missing since the soft opening. Back in December 2012, three engines lined the queue, one of which was a hydrogen engine. The mounted engine was larger than the other two. It was spectacular and unlike anything I had seen before. Within a few days, it was gone. I could not help but wonder if GM decided that it did not want to showcase the technology.

Jimmy Thick

The engines were removed and given to Bob Iger as a "holiday" bonus, which he in turn used to retrofit a money counting machine used to count his real "holiday" bonus which is probably cut revenue from the new Star Wars area in Hollywood Studios.

I think he may have gotten a favour from Elon Musk to make the engines perform optimally from solar power......

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They don't temporarily remove things for 'crazy' nights. Probably just a refurbishment or swapping in something new.
Nah, but we closed TTA for Night of Joy when I worked at Tomorrowland.
I promise, it was 100% because of the crazy nature of the crowds. :)

t3techcom18

The engines have been there since a little bit after the opening. Something else was supposed to have gone in its place as the engines were always a placeholder, but it looks like with the above image, that plan changed.

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
Does anyone have a picture of the engines? I'm not sure I remember them.
I didn’t have any luck finding them in a quick search. Honestly, I probably wouldn’t have noticed them missing if my son hadn’t just been commenting 2 weeks ago how cool they were. Well, that and the crazy amount of dust bunnies they left behind lol. Also, forgot to mention that the Corvette is missing in the first main room you enter after exiting the ride as well. Again.. didn’t really bother me. Just made me curious. No biggie but neat to me if anybody knows what the deal is.

Attachments

• B452E860-201C-4ADD-8658-A7082A4BD0EE.png
    B452E860-201C-4ADD-8658-A7082A4BD0EE.png
    344.3 KB · Views: 215

trainplane3

I didn’t have any luck finding them in a quick search. Honestly, I probably wouldn’t have noticed them missing if my son hadn’t just been commenting 2 weeks ago how cool they were. Well, that and the crazy amount of dust bunnies they left behind lol. Also, forgot to mention that the Corvette is missing in the first main room you enter after exiting the ride as well. Again.. didn’t really bother me. Just made me curious. No biggie but neat to me if anybody knows what the deal is.
Corvette is out due to new lighting being installed (apparently). While I was at the "make your car ad" thing, several people asked where the Corvette went. CM responded that there is going to be new lighting installed and the Corvette will be back. This was on Christmas day. The engines were still there then.

I believe the engines in the queue were the LDK (2.0 turbo) and one of the LS (V8) engines. They only had everything painted silver and chromed out.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Maybe they removed them as being a bit "outdated" for the eco-friendly consumers as it wasn't showcasing hybrid engines?

roj2323

They don't temporarily remove things for 'crazy' nights. Probably just a refurbishment or swapping in something new.

They most deffinetly do remove things when the crowd levels are expected to be crazy. Just one great example of this is the vehicles at DHS. In particular the Tow Truck as well as the Cars on Sunset will disappear over night. Magic kingdom used to have disappearing park benches too. as for Attractions not much is usually changed but you will see trash cans disappear from cues or extras added. These are things normal guests would never notice but cast members, especially custodians would.

As for the engines, they are either out for refurbishment or GM decided to remove them or replace them with something else.

Bolt

They most deffinetly do remove things when the crowd levels are expected to be crazy. Just one great example of this is the vehicles at DHS. In particular the Tow Truck as well as the Cars on Sunset will disappear over night. Magic kingdom used to have disappearing park benches too. as for Attractions not much is usually changed but you will see trash cans disappear from cues or extras added. These are things normal guests would never notice but cast members, especially custodians would.

As for the engines, they are either out for refurbishment or GM decided to remove them or replace them with something else.
Agreed. I was only speaking about attraction based things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom