News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

bclane

I know this has been discussed before, but after being at MK a week and a half ago, the Tron coaster should have a positive effect on wait times for that side of the park (Fantasyland and Tomorrowland). While 7DMT typically has the longest wait times, I noticed that at night, Space Mountain could demand longer waits. I’m am so glad I had FPs for both in the morning, because the idea of waiting over an hour for either is ridiculous.

A note on Space Mountain- that was the only ride I went on during my trip that I said “That was really rough.” I know people on this site have been mentioning that for who knows how long, but I really didn’t think it was going to be that bad. I was wrong; it is. I had fun, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think I would ride it again unless it went under a refurb.
Ah, you got to experience the Broken Back Mountain overlay of Space Mountain. Very realistic effects and all done on a shoestring budget!

HauntedMansionFLA

I know this has been discussed before, but after being at MK a week and a half ago, the Tron coaster should have a positive effect on wait times for that side of the park (Fantasyland and Tomorrowland). While 7DMT typically has the longest wait times, I noticed that at night, Space Mountain could demand longer waits. I am so glad I had FPs for both in the morning, because the idea of waiting over an hour for either is ridiculous.

A note on Space Mountain- that was the only ride I went on during my trip that I said “That was really rough.” I know people on this site have been mentioning that for who knows how long, but I really didn’t think it was going to be that bad. I was wrong; it is. I had fun, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think I would ride it again unless it went under a refurb.
We rode SM on the FP side and almost broke our back. Non FP side wasn’t bad. I was surprised the difference in tracks.

HauntedMansionFLA

There's still enough people that smoke now that it would turn into a free-for-all if they banned it altogether. But down the line as smoking continues to become less and less socially acceptable I can definitely see it happening.
Yes, plus smoking and drinking are the very things that killed Walt at a pretty early age.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They could if they wanted too. Several States ban smoking in public places.......A theme park can too.
It would be unenforceable unless there’s a whole army patrolling. If there’s no "special" area to do it in, it would be a free for all. Better to try to contain it than drive it underground.

Remember a huge chunk of the world outside of the US still accepts smoking as socially as alcohol.

ToTBellHop

It would be unenforceable unless there’s a whole army patrolling. If there’s no "special" area to do it in, it would be a free for all. Better to try to contain it than drive it underground.

Remember a huge chunk of the world outside of the US still accepts smoking as socially as alcohol.
I just wish they’d avoid well-traveled areas. Make CBJ a smoking area, for example.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Not to go off topic but if WDW ever did try to combat smoking I wonder if they could offer indoor dedicated smoking areas themed in each land that would allow smokers access to an exclusive lounge area activated by magicband. The question then becomes should Disney charge smoking guests for this amenity? Would it work?

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

bclane

Not to go off topic but if WDW ever did try to combat smoking I wonder if they could offer indoor dedicated smoking areas themed in each land that would allow smokers access to an exclusive lounge area activated by magicband. The question then becomes should Disney charge smoking guests for this amenity? Would it work?

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
The only way I could see them charging for this would be if they also offered free outdoor smoking areas nearby. Otherwise it would probably be considered discriminatory by smokers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom