Disneyland's New Fantasyland (Open Brainstorming)

AceAstro

Original Poster
Snow White already gotten projections. Pinocchio needs projections & a few upgraded animatronics. We should start with Pinocchio's Daring Journey first in New Fantasyland 2.
I agree. Like New Fantasyland in WDW, it opened in phases and it makes sense to me to open this one in phases too. It will most likely start with the projection updates there and the closure of other attractions (most likely Casey Jr. Circus Train and the Storybook Land Canals).

AceAstro

Original Poster
One thing I'd love to do is close the Fantasyland Theatre to replace it with one of my favourite cancelled Disney Rides, The Enchanted Snow Palace.

davis-snow-queen-1.jpg

Another ride where artwork was beautifully done by Marc Davis, The Enchanted Snow Palace can be described as a Pirates of the Caribbean ride but with snow and polar bears instead of pirates. It was originally designed to go where the Fantasyland Theatre is now (which is why I would like to put it there) but was eventually canned due to when it was being designed, all the hype was around roller coasters ( which is why we got Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain back to back).

ESP11.jpg

This would be such an easy attraction to make Frozen-based as well so that Frozen has their own attraction that isn't just an overlay of a former one. The attraction storyline even included it's own Snow Queen (Elsa) that would stand over the guests as they exit the ride (A lot like the EPCOT version does now).

davis-snow-queen-2.jpg

But with that, I would love to hear what you all think about it!!

Twilight_Roxas

Maybe Elsa's ice palace could be a small model, but on a snowy mountain via force perspective like with the restaurant for BaTB, and the entrance to the ride could be in a snow cave. The village could be Arendelle's town for shops & restaurant even the Arendelle castle could have a meet & greet for Anna, Elsa, and Olaf.

Twilight_Roxas

Phase 1: upgrades to Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, and Mr.Toad's Wild Ride.

Phase 2 Removal of Casey Junior & Storybrooke Canal. Relocation of Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Cinderella interactive show, and Tangled attraction.

Phase 3: Removal of Mickey's ToonTown, and addition of Arendelle subland & Frozen attraction.

AceAstro

Original Poster
Phase 1: upgrades to Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, and Mr.Toad's Wild Ride.

Phase 2 Removal of Casey Junior & Storybrooke Canal. Relocation of Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Cinderella interactive show, and Tangled attraction.

Phase 3: Removal of Mickey's ToonTown, and addition of Arendelle subland & Frozen attraction.
Phase 1 is right. We will probably add more to it (such as the removal of the Fantasyland Theatre) which could also change around other phases.

AceAstro

Original Poster
Although would Arendelle remove half of Mickey's ToonTown?
Although it would also effect Star Wars Galaxy's Edge too.
I remember there are buildings behind ToonTown that could be used for Frozen.
Not necessarily. I took the show building for It's A Small World (as I figured it would be close to the same size) and it takes up almost the same space as the theatre. It'd be tight, but I feel like it ould fit without having anything close from it except the theatre.

8AsQ9R-Bano14HrR94NsOzXaeMchpejG5NGxP6akGnFUX5ZBpkpCqYiebYsiRjRujUtbftj6tN-wfTNnftoAwLVlaozS0QvfNIZCXkhmbiWgrIDMBtsOFS3d0m1E1FQjP5YrVsPr

Twilight_Roxas

I almost forgot should Sleeping Beauty's castle get new coat of paint as part of New Fantasyland 2 along with a upgraded walkthrough of Sleeping Beauty?

AceAstro

Original Poster
So because the Frozen/ Enchanted Snow Palace can fit where the old theatre was there is all of ToonTown still available. I'm thinking with that area we can probably even have a whole mini-land themed towards something specific. The only thing I could think of was princesses but because of Princess Hall and Theatre already in front of the castle, it doesn't make much sense to have a second one behind the castle too.

With that, I'd love to hear what y'all think would fit there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom