Disneyland's New Fantasyland (Open Brainstorming)

AceAstro

Original Poster

Back in 2009, “New Fantasyland” was announced for the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. Fast forward to today, there has still been nothing announced for Fantasyland in Disneyland (Unless you count It’s A Small World Holiday getting a FastPass).

I thought it would be fun to do an open brainstorming of what we would put into a New Fantasyland for Disneyland. We could go one of two ways with this and I am good with either way. Either we could go with a very realistic approach to what would be in this area, or we could do our dream version of Fantasyland where even though it doesn’t make sense, it would be what we want to see.

Now for the area of this expansion. Like New Fantasyland in WDW, most of the expansion will take over ToonTown. If we want extra space, we can also take up some of the empty space in between Autopia and It’s a Small World.

XeELvqc_fwrvEQLM3PIIwLl3XEMdySU6-nDFCDyVo2S05Tx5N2yH2amCZn8cC2TWaPT3bAnx9YFBVdxLF1zBgRjsg0TcRzmZDEUuhwsGuAmFpJ2rZvrytLOJa5KQfB-QVt51rFaK

eLPlGCKzUYu4J8f2jy5iItEirRC5JFCT05BVJk7BTyLg41oJ-2m3RkgSm7DNo16FO9QKXeWy7FLrjFo5PLJcillG21pcGJLL09yf2r8VpAdeGgBt-qdRxljdCRuE-cHtL-i6HcVF

Another view as a satellite image just to see the backstage areas for reference.

While this is fairly open brainstorming, the two things I want to keep safe is It’s a Small World and the 5 classic Fantasyland dark rides (Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad’s, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland).

With that, I’d love to hear any ideas everyone has!

AceAstro

Original Poster
Well Mad Tea Party would have to be near Alice in Wonderland. Fantasyland theater could stay as well. a sub area based off Arendelle could be added along with Frozen ever after could be added. I think Runaway Railway would fit in DCA's Hollywoodland.
I think it definitely makes sense to add in Arendelle in some way. Maybe sort of like the Enchanted Snow Palace just themed around Frozen. And I feel like Runaway Railway could fit in either park so I’m think depending on the space we have we could put it in or leave it out.

Twilight_Roxas

Robin Hood version of TSMM and Cinderella and/or Sleeping Beauty dark ride.
Sleeping Beauty already has a castle & carousel. Cinderella could have something similar to the Beauty & the Beast interactive show in Orlando.

On a side note Pinocchio really needs a upgrade like Alice & Peter Pan.

AceAstro

Original Poster
Robin Hood version of TSMM and Cinderella and/or Sleeping Beauty dark ride.
Oh a Robin Hood attraction could be great!! He’s definitely under-loved in the parks! Like I mentioned in the “Your Dream Attraction” post, I’d love a Cinderella Dark Ride either based on the full storyline of the film or where we are a mous following Gus-Gus through the events of the film from the veiwpoint of a mouse.

Twilight_Roxas

Snow White already gotten projections. Pinocchio needs projections & a few upgraded animatronics. We should start with Pinocchio's Daring Journey first in New Fantasyland 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom