Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

ToTBellHop

The GMR is a perfect example of Disney fans vs regular people. Regular people hated the GMR. Rated just above root canals on the fun scale.
Disney fans hated it too. It was rundown and ignored. I don’t lament the loss of the physical ride. I lament the loss of the concept. It should have been gutted and given completely new show scenes. The concept of entering movies still works, as Universal shows us.

Goofyernmost

As does Disney.
It’s all they know how to do nowadays actually.

Frozen, Little Mermaid, Ratatouille, Tron, Mine Train, TSL, SWL.
It’s all “entering movies”.

GMR was about the genres of cinema through classic films
I think Walt would have a few things to say to someone that didn't consider his animated features to be movies. If memory serves me... GMR had Fantasia represented in the course of the ride.

Goofyernmost

And where did I say animated features aren’t movies?
If you didn't imply that... then I misread it, but, you listed what seemed to be an objection to having GMR turned into an animated ride. Emphasized by the repeating of the idea that GMR was for classic movies like most of the things were. However, I couldn't see why you thought that having a short at a movie would be out of place anyway. For years and years all movies had a short before it started. That's just the way it came across to me. If that is true... I apologize.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom