Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

bclane

Rexs-Racer.jpg

So RC is out front while you can watch him simultaneously behind himself on the track? Makes perfect sense.
The RC you see out front is obviously Earth 2 RC. The one on the track is Earth 1 RC. Let's just hope that Earth X RC doesn't show up in the park anywhere....

Fox&Hound

I prefer what we are getting. The colors on their Bullseye version of the whip ride seem so muted and dark. I am hoping the alien version can give us bright colors and some energy (at least as depicted in the concept art). I'll take a hard pass at the slinky ride that goes in a circle and the RC racer. I love what we are getting and cannot wait! Hoping there is some kind of green army man mini show to help give one more thing to do.

phi2134

I prefer what we are getting. The colors on their Bullseye version of the whip ride seem so muted and dark. I am hoping the alien version can give us bright colors and some energy (at least as depicted in the concept art). I'll take a hard pass at the slinky ride that goes in a circle and the RC racer. I love what we are getting and cannot wait! Hoping there is some kind of green army man mini show to help give one more thing to do.
right next to the new star wars land too...aliens next to star wars, makes sense to me.

PizzaPlanet

Did you know it rains in Shanghai? Heavily? Torrentially?
No I didn't, all I know is that the summer rain in Florida is no joke. If the weather in Shanghai is really that bad then that's a major problem for this land since every attraction is exposed to the elements and will have to close during these torrential downpours.

sedati

Don't forget, Tokyo Disneyland's take on this ride system far more closely resembles what Orlando is getting, but with Baymax from Big Hero Six (wondering if he will be articulated in any way.) Assuming Tokyo always gets the best, than this speaks well for the Saucers. The structure alone makes it a pricier version, but I do think that structure will also allow more in the way of light and sound.

Next Big Thing

Did you know it rains in Shanghai? Heavily? Torrentially?

Three inches of rain per year isn’t a huge difference?
You guys are basically arguing for what his point was. If it rains almost as much in Shanghai as in Orlando, than Saucers will be far more reliable since it has a roof and can operate in rain.

Shanghai's version of the ride will be closed often.

Fantod

Not sure why but I was expecting Shanghai's TSL to be larger in scope, maybe even getting a TSMM. Instead it is more equivalent in size to the Paris/Hong Kong versions (more like a kiddie playland). It's not really comparable to our much larger land. None of the other TSL's have a Slinky Dog Roller Coaster or a Midway Mania Attraction.

No Name

There's been stuff leaked/released about Shanghai's for a long time.

image-jpeg.174791

image-jpeg.174792

I'm just pleasantly surprised that they built a Buzz ride in Tomorrowland even though Toy Story Land was in the plans. Glad they can identify the difference between theme and franchise. But perhaps they still felt that having both rides would be redundant.

I don't think it would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom