News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

After watching videos, that length is plenty long for me! LOL

I'm not against Tron coming at all, I'm very much looking forward to it, but this wasn't what the park needed IMO. The theater is what the park needs. The park, heck, all four parks, could use more rides with high capacity that can eat up the crowds. A ride or two PLUS Tron would have been great. But it's still a nice plus this isn't replacing anything (and neither is the theater). That's a good start for a change.

jt04

After watching videos, that length is plenty long for me! LOL

I'm not against Tron coming at all, I'm very much looking forward to it, but this wasn't what the park needed IMO. The theater is what the park needs. The park, heck, all four parks, could use more rides with high capacity that can eat up the crowds. A ride or two PLUS Tron would have been great. But it's still a nice plus this isn't replacing anything (and neither is the theater). That's a good start for a change.

Yep, if it was one foot longer people would complain of nausea.

BrianLo

I thought it was a surprisingly comfortable position, you spend a lot longer locked into FOP than this ride.

It's a lot of fun, not worth a 90 minute wait, but I'm of the opinion nothing is. It's also a lot more E-ticket like than SDMT.

A youtube video isn't going to sell it very well. Most of you and the GP will really enjoy it. I can see it becoming many people's favourite ride in the park.

sedati

Wasn't there a concept before Space Mountain and RCA where Disney was courting IBM as a sponsor and the coaster would have actually taken you inside the world of a computer?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A water management permits was filed today that covers the Tron ride, called MK2 (MK1 is the new theater).

upload_2017-11-20_14-52-3.png

The outline of the building is a close match to the one in Shanghai.

upload_2017-11-20_14-52-59.png

Timothy_Q

As excited as I am for a true addition to the MK, I’m worried about how it will impact sight lines. Especially from Fantasy Forest / Storybook Circus.

azox

As excited as I am for a true addition to the MK, I’m worried about how it will impact sight lines. Especially from Fantasy Forest / Storybook Circus.

I too am wondering how they will hide parts of it from other lands. The more I look at the building placement though they could just hide it with trees. How they will hid the giant glowing canopy of awesomeness from other lands will be interesting to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom