Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Kman101

A ride based on this tech would be a great addition to WDW. Ideally I'd like to see Indy added as a land at DHS with this, a new version of the Indiana jones adventure and maybe a coaster, although the tech would make a great Dino ride for animal kingdom

I've wanted a water ride for Indy at DHS for the longest time. The park needs a water ride and Indy needs a ride ... so voila.

lazyboy97o

It assumes that people have certain associations with the word “island”
And ignoring larger associations. You’re conflating theme, setting, experience and decoration and saying because one setting is associated with itself it can have no other relationships with anything but that singular setting.

DisneyDodo

And ignoring larger associations. You’re conflating theme, setting, experience and decoration and saying because one setting is associated with itself it can have no other relationships with anything but that singular setting.
Nope. I’m not going to repeat myself, but you are welcome to read my previous posts on this topic

peter11435

It assumes that people have certain associations with the word “island”
Theme's can be used across multiple settings and the same settings can be home to varying themes. People may have certain associations with the word 'island' but that doesn't lock it into a single setting or theme. In Orlando there are multiple venues that guests would associate with "island" but they have many different settings and themes represented.

lazyboy97o

Nope. I’m not going to repeat myself, but you are welcome to read my previous posts on this topic
All of your previous posts equate setting and theme. That’s the big problem with them. Repeatedly denying that doesn’t change them. Don’t repeat yourself and make the point without relying on setting.

spacemt354

Chili's
I can make this very simple.

Your son is invited to an island-themed birthday party. You:
a) dress him up in a Hawaiian shirt and lei
b) dress him up in an eye patch and pirate hat
c) dress him up in big ears and an elephant trunk
d) refuse to let him go because "island" is not a theme

The correct answer is a.
If you choose b or c, your son will probably get made fun of and he will hate you. If you choose d, your son will probably have FOMO and he will hate you. If you don't want your son to hate you, please choose a.

In all seriousness, you are contradicting yourself. You claim that setting and theme are mutually exclusive, yet you praise AK for its theming. Is the theme of the Africa land in AK not Africa (which is a location)? The thing that connects Kilimanjaro Safaris, FOLK, and the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail, for example, is that they all contain animals from the same location. We can probably agree that adding in an attraction about penguins would be a violation of theme, as penguins are not found in Africa. This is not to say that the words theme and setting are interchangeable - themes come in many forms and it's of course possible to have a theme that does not denote any type of location at all. However, I 100% stand by the assertion that a setting (i.e. a location and its associations) can be a theme. That is all I have to say on this matter and I will not be commenting further.
Hawaii is not the only 'island' in the world. What if it was a Caribbean island? How would a Hawaiian shirt fit? Also, an eye patch and pirate hat is equally acceptable for an island setting. See here:
Treasure-Island.jpg

DisneyDodo

All of your previous posts equate setting and theme. That’s the big problem with them.
Maybe read them before making such statements. From one of my previous posts:
“This is not to say that the words theme and setting are interchangeable - themes come in many forms and it's of course possible to have a theme that does not denote any type of location at all.”

lazyboy97o

Maybe read them before making such statements. From one of my previous posts:
“This is not to say that the words theme and setting are interchangeable - themes come in many forms and it's of course possible to have a theme that does not denote any type of location at all.”
Your acknowledgment of the distinction is undermined by your repeated correlation.

Cesar R M

It is possible to not support the parks mission statement and still yet be "in theme". The African Drummers don't support the parks mission statement and yet are still "in theme" since the theme of that land is actually "Africa", not "African animals".

If you traveled to South America, how outside the realm of possibility would it be to encounter an archaeologist in the wild if you just so happen to be poking around an Aztec pyramid?

Probably better than EVER finding yourself poking around an alien planet.
Aztec pyramids... in South America?

No Name

yeah , conserve the Yeti like a can of spam meat.

The story of Everest is that the Yeti isn't happy about the environmentally-harmful railroad we humans built into the mountain. So when we venture into his home, he rips up the track, then tries to attack us. It is very much about conservation. If only there were a Yeti in South Dakota...
keystonep.jpg

Most of DAK is like this, and it adds up to form a very strong park.

Magic Feather

I gave up about 20 posts ago, but AK's mission is what was outlined in its dedication:
"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.

If something does not fit into the criterion outlined above, it is inherently "off-theme" in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

AEfx

I gave up about 20 posts ago, but AK's mission is what was outlined in its dedication:
"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.

If something does not fit into the criterion outlined above, it is inherently "off-theme" in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Well good then, Indy would be able to come up with a storyline to fit into that perfectly. Glad we got that sorted out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom