Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was after our Peoplemover ride that we experienced a Buzz “first”. And I fear that after waiting four months to read about it, @amjt660 is going to feel let down. :oops:
You are such a teaser

Max

Anyway, there was a slight back up in the FP line but soon we climbed aboard our space vehicle (Ship? Rocket?) Em agreed to ride with me even though I more-often-than-not beat her (and then gloat about it :D.) The ride progressed normally and I had the high score when our picture was taken.

My “gloat” pose
DE633DF7-8851-4C00-A461-6DC3FC6F5285.jpeg

Our guns deactivated and just as we made that slight turn into the final scene the omnimover stopped. I took a couple pics as we waited for the motion to resume.

D6B28DB1-FCA0-4302-A9E8-0469E9F76E67.jpeg

4734E085-5ABE-43CD-8A09-C30AEAFF3F09.jpeg

Now we have gotten stopped on Buzz plenty of times, but never in the final scene (which stinks because the “game” is over at that point so no racking up additional points.)

There was an unintelligible announcement but the ride remained stationary.

We waited.

Another unintelligible announcement.

More waiting.

A third unintelligible announcement. And then this happened.

0EE5253E-54CF-4649-8879-A5F695AB3EB1.jpeg

Not only did the lights come on, but the safety gate (bottom of both pictures) arose and locked into place.

E787B58B-EE3D-4CB5-98A1-942464E89E9E.jpeg

The face of Buzz turned green (no projection).

Would we get to experience an evacuation?

5C2ECD8A-802C-42D1-B439-6C035D40D65B.jpeg

No. :(
After another unintelligible announcement the lights clicked off and the ride began to move.
Sorry, Max.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We couldn’t believe how crowded it was in Tomorrowland at 11 am ~ we sat in a full theater to view Carousel of Progress. At least there was a/c. Of course it would be sunny and sticky humid on the day we aren’t at the pool!

“Are you awake, dear?”
8A351254-EF49-4BD3-BF65-005349138424.jpeg

Originally we planned to lunch at the Plaza and headed that way when our CoP show was over. We took our selfie at the Purple Wall (already posted in live section) and cut through the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Those who pay for the Fireworks Dessert Party (terrace view) be warned....
06D8FC4B-2123-47AF-9195-107DB1C7DC0A.jpeg

....the sight lines from the terrace are awful!!

When we got to the Plaza we weren’t feeling it and decided we’d rather have chicken nachos. Unfortunately that meant waiting in the notoriously slow lines at Pecos Bills.

836AF316-CEEB-4175-B9BB-2CE34841EE52.jpeg

“You know how to take the order, but you just don’t know how to fill the order.”

The nachos were yummy. We shared.
7BC3496F-05D1-4B1B-A27A-F217DE4C3552.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The reason we shared the nachos? Didn’t want to risk losing our lunch on the wildest ride in the wilderness.

The FP line was lengthy and HOT.
13752DF1-661F-4E9D-9059-F52B7F063680.jpeg

We requested last row.
C004C127-E227-4CA8-AC8A-5BBC8CE31B66.jpeg

(Won’t tag @Longers....she’s too busy riding BTMRR FOR REAL!!!)

Stopped for a few pics at the exit.
ED0D7AC6-8653-4EDE-81A5-5668EEB3AFD5.jpeg

D5706AFD-488A-4A6D-A79C-0EC54F1BC39B.jpeg

81D9B103-C7F5-41AE-BD75-3870008CB9E9.jpeg

We had a little time to kill before our final FP so we did the grand circle tour on the Moving Park Bench. @fractal was in the park by himself and had we known earlier we would have invited him to tag along with us!

5D79E6C9-8BF8-4785-A4B8-9A71254E8F9E.jpeg

679D75E6-A1C5-48AB-B262-6E5929DC838F.jpeg

The FP line for Pirates was insane. We waited merely for this lovely photograph.
C555159A-9DE4-4629-A12C-139D19D9F1B8.jpeg

:hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
With our lunch switch from the Plaza to Pecos Bills, Em hadn’t had any ice cream. Now she wanted some ~ bad enough to walk through the masses of hot, sweaty people. Bad enough to get trapped by Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!

Auntie Gravity Cup ‘o Yum
2F22C2AB-C8C0-454C-8322-EFB4827E369D.jpeg

Then we made the air-conditioned walk down Main Street. Air-conditioned, you say? It is when you walk through the shops. :D

Em bought a mug for her roommate and although we didn’t buy this, we thought it was neat.
E941AB5D-1DB2-4B90-B727-E49EE64D1E64.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Playtime had come to an end. But there was a surprise waiting for us on the dock.

First Mate Jeff piloted our boat back to WL!
02FFFC9C-43B4-4D7B-AC35-1F5C8F31FFC1.jpeg

5DA224CA-CD13-478C-8666-5909052CAE75.jpeg

6AD6841F-6ADF-43C3-AFA9-F3B31AD257B9.jpeg

No pirates on this cruise, but we enjoyed his banter nevertheless.

We stopped in Roaring Fork for a Coke but it was all carbonation and no syrup. I let Em remain in the cool a/c while I walked over to Geyser Point to refill the cup. Drank the Coke as we retrieved our carry-ons and waited for the Tragical.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We remained inside the lodge for as long as possible due to the heat. Today was definitely the warmest day of our vacation! As we were leaving I took this:
4D05EB23-24D1-415C-A446-9BCFF7558A50.jpeg

Why?

I haven’t a clue. There was a purpose I’m sure. Something clever? Or funny? Since I didn’t make a note of it, the reason is forever lost in my senior brain. (And yes, I asked Em and she has no recollection either.) Go ahead and mock me, Max. I deserve it. :p

We were two of only six guests on the bus to the airport.....a final Shirley moment. My status had no pull at TSA. Although our scanned tickets were stamped TSA Pre-check, the agent nastily said, “You don’t have Pre-check” o_O and instructed us to join the regular (long) security line, where all the agents were yelling at everyone.

Finally through that hassle, we grabbed dinner in the food court and had the worst Chick-Fil-A nuggets ever. Then our plane was delayed an hour and a half. Yep, our vacation and #ShirleyStatus was definitely over.

But there’s good news!! Three weeks from tonight Em and I will be back, attending our first MVMCP. We’ll be celebrating her birthday and hopefully meeting at least one forum friend. We can’t wait!

Until then, maybe I will get my act together and start my August TR.

Thanks for hanging with me through the live and unabridged. See you real soon!

LisaBelle

As always I truly enjoyed your report. So excited to read that you will be back again so soon, especially because I will be able to read all about MVMCP! Someday I will make it there myself. Until then, I will enjoy your report about it. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Although our scanned tickets were stamped TSA Pre-check, the agent nastily said, “You don’t have Pre-check” o_O and instructed us to join the regular (long) security line, where all the agents were yelling at everyone.

This is a head scratcher. If you had the TSA Pre-check on your tickets, why in heck would the agent say you didn't have it??!!! I've had TSA pre for years and always went into those shorter lines--no issue.

Anyway, great trip report AS USUAL!!!! Thanks for the fun--but now I gotta wait another whole 2 more weeks??!! Can't you speed this up?! :facepalm:

fractal

The reason we shared the nachos? Didn’t want to risk losing our lunch on the wildest ride in the wilderness.

The FP line was lengthy and HOT.
View attachment 243436

We requested last row.
View attachment 243439

(Won’t tag @Longers....she’s too busy riding BTMRR FOR REAL!!!)

Stopped for a few pics at the exit.
View attachment 243442

View attachment 243445

View attachment 243443

We had a little time to kill before our final FP so we did the grand circle tour on the Moving Park Bench. @fractal was in the park by himself and had we known earlier we would have invited him to tag along with us!

View attachment 243437

View attachment 243438

The FP line for Pirates was insane. We waited merely for this lovely photograph.
View attachment 243444
:hilarious:

Yes, missed opportunity. :( You would have made sure I was on the best side of the MPB for photos.

need2go2wdw

Thanks for yet another awesome report! Reading the ending of a trip report, of someone's magical vacation, makes me sad just thinking about how awful that check out day really is! BUT, I always know at the end of your trip reports, there's usually another following very closely behind!!!

Thanks for curbing my need to be at WDW blues!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom