Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

Tiggertoo56

Just finished the last few posts of this TR - once again enjoyed visiting through your photos & comments and looking forward to your views on MVMCP - did it a few years ago & hoping to do it again next year, but MNSSHP may win!

krause

Phew! I feel like I have been reading this trip report for my whole life :joyfull: But it was a good one that’s for sure! Pirates and cold showers and dryer lint, oh my! “A trip report worth waiting for” (name that movie!). Can’t wait for the next one! (And the one after that, and the one after that, ...) :D

amjt660

Premium Member
39 pages and almost 4 months later and the result is an amazing story of fun , excitement , and lack of water
Thank you for allowing us to experience it with you
Look forward to the August one( if you decide to do it) and the upcoming Christmas time report

Max

Big Hair

TSA, can't live with them but can't go to Disney without them. Son and daughter in law didn't have precheck because I bought their tickets separate from my daughters and mine for our end of October trip. He was not happy, not that he didn't have precheck but because they were so rude and unprofessional. Daughter and I flew through like Tink sprinkled her magic pixie dust on us and then we had to wait and wait for them to get through. It seemed like they were the never ending que from ....
Another top notch trip report!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
As always I truly enjoyed your report. So excited to read that you will be back again so soon, especially because I will be able to read all about MVMCP! Someday I will make it there myself. Until then, I will enjoy your report about it. :)
Though we’ve never been to MVMCP, we have seen the holiday parade and fireworks a few times, thanks to our close-to-Christmas trips in the past. We are most looking forward to being in the MK at night without a zillion other people! :joyfull:

Loved reading your report! And hoping to run into you guys in December.
I hope so too! :geek:

Another fantastic trip report! Thank you for taking the time to write it. :)
Thank you for taking the time to read it!

Loved reading every bit of it! I'm happy for you and Em that you're going back in 3 weeks! Let the countdown begin :D
Thanks, Vivian ~ we’re happy too.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
This is a head scratcher. If you had the TSA Pre-check on your tickets, why in heck would the agent say you didn't have it??!!! I've had TSA pre for years and always went into those shorter lines--no issue.

Anyway, great trip report AS USUAL!!!! Thanks for the fun--but now I gotta wait another whole 2 more weeks??!! Can't you speed this up?! :facepalm:

TSA, can't live with them but can't go to Disney without them. Son and daughter in law didn't have precheck because I bought their tickets separate from my daughters and mine for our end of October trip. He was not happy, not that he didn't have precheck but because they were so rude and unprofessional. Daughter and I flew through like Tink sprinkled her magic pixie dust on us and then we had to wait and wait for them to get through. It seemed like they were the never ending que from ....
Another top notch trip report!
Yes the whole TSA pre-check incident was quite baffling....and don’t dare try to speak common sense with any of the agents. I empathize with your son and DIL @Big Hair.

@MinnieM123, even my Shirley status can’t speed up time....but perhaps a TR in the interim would suffice?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your great trip with us! Can't wait to hear about the next one!
You are most welcome. Are you booked for June 2018?

Yes, missed opportunity. :( You would have made sure I was on the best side of the MPB for photos.
Absolutely!

Thanks for yet another awesome report! Reading the ending of a trip report, of someone's magical vacation, makes me sad just thinking about how awful that check out day really is! BUT, I always know at the end of your trip reports, there's usually another following very closely behind!!!
Thanks for curbing my need to be at WDW blues!
It’s certainly my pleasure to help you vacation vicariously. :p

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great trip report!! I love how much fun you & Em have on your trips!!:)
I am blessed that she likes to vacation with her crazy mom. :joyfull:

How exciting! LaLa and I will be there in 14(!) days and I can’t wait to attend MVMCP myself. I hope you have an awesome MVMCP!
I hope you and LaLa have fun at MVMCP too ~ and with everything else you do! I look forward to your TR.

*hopes to be at least one of the forum members*
Excellent report, as always!
*I think that can be arranged*

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 243547
Do these shorts make me look fat?
Dude - don't blame it on the shorts!!
Max

39 pages and almost 4 months later and the result is an amazing story of fun , excitement , and lack of water
Thank you for allowing us to experience it with you
Look forward to the August one( if you decide to do it) and the upcoming Christmas time report
Max

Wish I could have liked your “conversation” post more than once! :joyfull:
Thanks for all your comments (even the snarky). I just may start the August report...hopefully it won’t take 4 months...it definitely won’t be as many pages.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just finished the last few posts of this TR - once again enjoyed visiting through your photos & comments and looking forward to your views on MVMCP - did it a few years ago & hoping to do it again next year, but MNSSHP may win!
I’d pick MNSSHP for the win!

Phew! I feel like I have been reading this trip report for my whole life :joyfull: But it was a good one that’s for sure! Pirates and cold showers and dryer lint, oh my! “A trip report worth waiting for” (name that movie!). Can’t wait for the next one! (And the one after that, and the one after that, ...) :D
Funny....feels like I have been writing this trip report my whole life!
I think I need another clue for your movie quote......

Another great trip report. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for following along, @dddisney. :happy:

Love reading your TR sooo much and hope to run into you and your family someday. Don’t worry Em I don’t Bite! Lol :cat:
I’m sure we’ll have a magical meet sometime in the future!

krause

Funny....feels like I have been writing this trip report my whole life!
I think I need another clue for your movie quote......

Haha well I’ll make it obvious and say that your favourite bathrooms are fashioned after this movie :D

I, for one, vote that you give it your best go to write your August trip report in the next 3 weeks! I believe in you!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I wish!! Unfortunately, we have too much going on with sports, school, etc. to be able to do a family trip next year. I am, however, trying to talk Brian into a December trip for our 20th anniversary.
Oh I hope you get to go!! Disney anniversary trips are the BEST.

Can't wait for your Christmas trip report (there better be one). I was there in 2014 for a day at MK for Christmas and am planning a Christmas trip for 2019. I need to live vicariously through other's trip reports until that time.
There will be one....but it might not be live...

krisri18

This is a head scratcher. If you had the TSA Pre-check on your tickets, why in heck would the agent say you didn't have it??!!! I've had TSA pre for years and always went into those shorter lines--no issue.

Anyway, great trip report AS USUAL!!!! Thanks for the fun--but now I gotta wait another whole 2 more weeks??!! Can't you speed this up?! :facepalm:
Same thing happened to Mom and I couple weeks ago. The boarding passes that airline check-in printed for us at Boardwalk said pre-check. However, the tsa agent at pre-check told us they weren't really pre-check, that "these things print like that all the time at the hotels". At least he was nice about it, but it was definitely a disappointment since we had been pre-check on the flight down. Oh well.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Same thing happened to Mom and I couple weeks ago. The boarding passes that airline check-in printed for us at Boardwalk said pre-check. However, the tsa agent at pre-check told us they weren't really pre-check, that "these things print like that all the time at the hotels". At least he was nice about it, but it was definitely a disappointment since we had been pre-check on the flight down. Oh well.

Good to know--thanks for sharing that. I hope this glitch gets fixed asap, as it will cause some people to miss their flights, if they're in the wrong TSA line at the airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom