Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

I'm not trying to make anything of this other than to point out how the two versions of Galaxy's Edge are not being built in matching order. The steel for an exterior stair that can be seen jutting out of the back of the Battle Escape building only went up last week in California. So, at least in that respect, Orlando is in no ways behind.
Sequence of construction means absolutely nothing. It's just when they did a section of the construction. That is up to the contractor and can be based on a lot of things from availability of material to just nothing more then the supervisor wanted to do it earlier or later.

RSoxNo1

I don't know if it has been said yet, but the piece of the model in Walt Disney Presents is the non-Cantina restaurant.
That puts that restaurant sort of in front of the Millennium Falcon attraction.

Photo from Walt Disney Presents:
StarWarsGalaxysEdge12.JPG

Photo from D23 Expo model
IMG_8623.JPG

bclane

This will be the real test to see if the franchise can really stretch its legs.
Definitely a good test. I think they picked the right guy to do it too. I was hoping the new characters would get a trilogy of their own, apart from the Skywalkers. Maybe they’ll still be in this, but to me, exploring a new corner of the galaxy implies we might get something completely new. Can’t wait!

sedati

Definitely a good test. I think they picked the right guy to do it too. I was hoping the new characters would get a trilogy of their own, apart from the Skywalkers. Maybe they’ll still be in this, but to me, exploring a new corner of the galaxy implies we might get something completely new. Can’t wait!
I wonder where it will fall in the timeline- there was no mention in the announcement.

Kamikaze

Conveniently, SW:GE takes place in a corner of the galaxy.

bclane

Kamikaze

Same here. I found this article that has a little more info but nothing about the movie’s timeline yet. I’m hoping they go back in time about 10,000 years. Anyway, this could potentially drop in 2021 according to Screenrant, but they are just guessing, though their reasoning makes sense.

https://screenrant.com/new-star-wars-trilogy-rian-johnson-directed/

Oh its definitely 2021. They have the movies for 18, 19, 20 ready to go. Even though '20 isn't announced yet.

I'm pretty surprised they aren't going with the Obi-Wan trilogy since Ewan McGregor wants to do it, but he could always get a one-off 'Story'.

bclane

Oh its definitely 2021. They have the movies for 18, 19, 20 ready to go. Even though '20 isn't announced yet.

I'm pretty surprised they aren't going with the Obi-Wan trilogy since Ewan McGregor wants to do it, but he could always get a one-off 'Story'.
Same here. Ewan was awesome. I have a feeling the 2020 movie will be his or at least that is what I’m hoping for.

bclane

Character-wise, yes, but Rogue One was intrinsically tied to New Hope. This new trilogy should be like kicking the baby bird out of the nest to see if it can fly on its own.
I loved Rogue One so much I feel it ranks #3 for me personally. I think the only thing I didn’t love was the opening and some of the score was lacking a bit...but being back in that time period was a real treat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom