New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

From Epcot35 today. I think this is the first time they've been seen in Epcot! They're the standard heads too, not articulated. Has there been a rollout for WDW and Epcot 's birthday, can anyone confirm?
Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 16.25.46.png

Phil12

From Epcot35 today. I think this is the first time they've been seen in Epcot! They're the standard heads too, not articulated. Has there been a rollout for WDW and Epcot 's birthday, can anyone confirm?View attachment 234875
The company that makes them (Heads, Tales and Hands, Inc.) has fallen behind in their production schedule due to an unforeseen demand for Tom Cruise fake posteriors:

tathompson87

Just curious here..Do you have a closeup of Maui on this Ice show? I know that at times they will have a different costume be used at the parks compared to the live & Ice shows....As the one in the above photo looks more flexible in his moveability whereas the one in the parks...Looks very bulky...

Definitely more flexible and not as bulky. I saw a couple videos on YouTube

IMG_2011.jpg

Donaldfan1934

I recently saw a tweet about another update to a “classic” character. Any ideas who? Pluto or Goofy would be my guess.
Can you please provide us a link to the tweet? I would guess the same characters too, but maybe there are more hints to who it is if we look at the account as a whole.

Donaldfan1934

Maybe Chip and Dale since their current look has been in use since 1981. Link to that btw?
Personally, I don't think Chip and Dale need much work despite being in use for over 35 years. All they need is the more realistic fur distribution like on the articulated heads and they'll be fine.
IMG_2331.JPG

That being said, however, an upgrade of any scale would be welcome.

brb1006

Personally, I don't think Chip and Dale need much work despite being in use for over 35 years. All they need is the more realistic fur distribution like on the articulated heads and they'll be fine.View attachment 239865
That being said, however, an upgrade of any scale would be welcome.
I think a good upgrade to Chip and Dale is by giving their mouth the color white and making Dale's nose colored rose red instead of dark brownish and give Dale hair fluff on his head. And their ears can be moved a bit.

I'm going for a look like these Chip and Dale nutcrackers spotted at Hollywood Studios recently. Knowing how Mickey and Minnie just got a new looker that looks more like their cartoon counterpart. Then maybe Chip N Dale should look like this in the future. They look much cuter that way.
dd.PNG

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

I think a good upgrade to Chip and Dale is by giving their mouth the color white and making Dale's nose colored rose red instead of dark brownish and give Dale hair fluff on his head. And their ears can be moved a bit.

I'm going for a look like these Chip and Dale nutcrackers spotted at Hollywood Studios recently.
View attachment 239896
Yes!!! To be honest, I thought the exact same thing as you did when I saw those nutcrackers. The more I think about it, the more perfect they would look as character heads.

brb1006

I'm going to speculate the new heads for the old characters if the post is legit could debut for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom