Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

Pixieish

"Fall" has several definitions since it is used in different ways. So, yes, the astronomical seasons are based on the solstices and equinoxes, but the temperature peaks and averages lag behind. People feel the temperature, they don't feel an equinox.

Then you have the human social order adjusting to seasonal changes. The equinox may not be until Sept 20, but for all the families with school children, fall is when school starts after the summer break... the fall semester often begins in late August. Business that deal with vacationers often regard Memorial Day weekend the beginning of summer and Labor Day weekend the beginning of fall.

Then you have different latitudes and elevations experiencing season (as in weather) changes at different times. Northern New England and the Rockies are already experience leaves changing. For them, fall, the weather season, is already here.

View attachment 225223

A New Englander visiting WDW now would not regard fall colors to be out of place.

Actually...I'm in MA and the leaf change is happening later and later every year. They haven't even started changing yet this year. We typically don't really experience "fall" anymore and go from 75-80 degree days right down to the 50s overnight.

Pixieish

We went Tuesday it was a disaster. Party is horribly oversold but not "sold out". I won't pay to do another one again.

The problem here is that it seems as though Disney used to have pretty strict limits on how many were allowed to attend the party, and they didn't advertise the living hell out of everything like they do now.

Biff215

You can get any grade of costume online year-round. Also, we went to MNSSHP in mid-October of 2015 and it POURED during the party. Three of us were in full costume - we still had a ball even though the puddles were so deep my knee-high pirate boots were full of water, lol.
Agreed, we bought our kids’ costumes in May or June for the August party as there were crazy deals that Disney Store offered. We had some concerns with my son being Kylo Ren with the heat and humidity but we actually got a really nice night. I bet some September and October dates were far worse. We hit a little bit of everything other than character meet and greets. Hocus Pocus was outstanding and kids had a blast. Would do an early party again due to the price, crowds, and timing before the NJ school year.

Mike Nolan

Is there a way to find out which characters are going to be there? We're going as Aurora and Phillip and want to get a picture with them. I don't want to pay Kenny to find out

Pixieish

Is there a way to find out which characters are going to be there? We're going as Aurora and Phillip and want to get a picture with them. I don't want to pay Kenny to find out

They're usually listed somewhere...google didn't give you any sites to check? I'm not going this year, so I don't know.

Thumper 32

Aurora or Philip are no longer at mnsshp. They have been at mvmcp in recent years and are likely to be there again this year unless there is some miraculous shakeup of the offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom