Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

Biff215

Anyone go to last nights party? If so, how were the crowds and weather?
We were there Tuesday. Weather was perfect fortunately. Crowds were moderate, obviously not a sell out. Peter Pan was down at the start and Big Thunder was down toward the end. With Splash closed, that made Frontierland almost pointless. Rode a few rides and did all the candy trails. Lines were long but moved well. Didn't wait for any characters although the Moana line looked reasonable just before the fireworks.

We caught the 9:15 parade in the hub, walked up about 15 minutes early and found a decent spot. Walked up to HalloWishes as it started and then moved to the stage for the 10:45 Hocus Pocus which was excellent. We walked out around 11:15 before the parade came down.

We had a good time but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. With all the lines and entertainment, it's really impossible to do shows, rides, and characters. You have to pick and choose, so I'd hate to see it on a sold out night.

DisneyNerd12

It looks like Minnie has her old face back, atleast for the Mickey's Not so scary party. She had her old face when she had a meet & greet by the the Fantasyland Casey Jr circus train with her halloween costume.

Brent_S

Well that didn't go according to plan... got rained out, and offered Very Merry tix due to that. Still had a blast on Friday.

My screen froze so uploading the image of what I typed...
21248287_10159350173755445_736951470866359655_o.jpg
Untitled.png

Gringrinngghost

Since we are nearing Halloween, on October 1st, there will be an updated schedule that does have changes for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The Previous Schedule is below then will be followed by the October schedule. Any Changes will be highlighted in Red.

August 25th - September 29th, MNSSHP Entertainment Schedule:
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks: 10:15pm
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade: 9:15pm & 11:15pm
Cadaver Dans: 7:15pm, 8:00pm, 8:50pm, 9:55pm & 10:50pm
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball: 7pm-12am
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: 8:15pm, 10:45pm & 12am

Updated October 1st - November 1st MNSSHP Entertainment Schedule:
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks: 10:15pm
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade: 9:15pm & 11:15pm
Cadaver Dans: 7:15pm, 8:00pm, 8:50pm, 9:55pm & 10:50pm
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball: 7pm-12am
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: 7:40pm (Added Show), 8:35pm (Revised time from 8:15pm), 10:45pm & 12am

Friendly Note: With Hocus Pocus usually running 22 minutes, that will bleed into the Hub's crowds for those wanting to see the parade and fireworks. You can skip the first Hocus Pocus since it will have an about a 20-minute break. However, after the second show the Headless Horseman kicks off around 5 minutes before the parade steps off (9:10pm). From there will be the Zootopia Party Patrol. That would provide in the Hub about between the second Hocus Pocus and the Headless Horseman about 10 minutes between the two which will have Cast members wanting to clear out the street as fast as possible. Just take it as a word of caution.

On a more cheerful beating a dead horse note: If you want more Hocus Pocus, Freeform (Formerly ABC Family) will be showing it to your heart's content during the 13 Nights of Halloween. It will be played to an eye-bleeding 20 times to be exact with an all-day marathon on Halloween.

Lastly, if anyone wonders. My favorite sister is Sarah — there is just something about a sadistic sense of humor that appeals to me.

Well, that's all for now.

Last edited:

DisneyOutsider

We went Tuesday it was a disaster. Party is horribly oversold but not "sold out". I won't pay to do another one again.

Interesting.. Luck of the draw, or perhaps we have different crowd tolerances.

Went Friday night and crowd levels were VERY pleasant. Much less than I would expect for a normal Friday at MK. Getting a good spot just prior to shows/parades/fireworks was easy and lines for characters and rides were very reasonable. Left feeling like I'd pay the separate entrance fee all the time if I could have that crowd level.

MM311

We went Tuesday it was a disaster. Party is horribly oversold but not "sold out". I won't pay to do another one again.
I think a lot of people put off their trips for a week because of Irma, I know if you had tickets for the previous week they allowed you to go a different night, I wonder if a ton of people who had pushed their trips back ended up going on that Tuesday? We went on 9/15 and I found the crowds to be perfect, I was surprised since it was a Friday I figured it would be miserable...

PorterRedkey

The crowds were very small for the 9/12 party. It was the 1st day back open from Irma. I think that and the early date accounted for the small crowds.

Tom P.

We were at the party on both 9/17 and 9/19 (long story) and found the crowd levels both nights to be reasonable. In particular, finding a spot even for the earlier 9:15 p.m. parade was not a problem.

Notes from Neverland

The 9/1 party crowd was difficult to judge. It rained for maybe half of the night which cleared out quite a few. Memorable experience, considering the second parade started at midnight.

COrunner

Did the 9/17 party and found the crowd size to be below average when compared to my last 3 years of going. Was great to walk on rides such as 7DMT, Little Mermaid and Winnie the Pooh. Rode the HM twice and POC as well as hit probably 50-60% of the trick r treat spots with minimal wait.

Uncle Lupe

Interesting.. Luck of the draw, or perhaps we have different crowd tolerances.

Went Friday night and crowd levels were VERY pleasant. Much less than I would expect for a normal Friday at MK. Getting a good spot just prior to shows/parades/fireworks was easy and lines for characters and rides were very reasonable. Left feeling like I'd pay the separate entrance fee all the time if I could have that crowd level.

I think a lot of people put off their trips for a week because of Irma, I know if you had tickets for the previous week they allowed you to go a different night, I wonder if a ton of people who had pushed their trips back ended up going on that Tuesday? We went on 9/15 and I found the crowds to be perfect, I was surprised since it was a Friday I figured it would be miserable...

After a few days of dwelling on what happened Tuesday and getting madder by the day I made a trip to City Hall and expressed my frustration to them on Friday. I am not one for confrontation or complaining but I had enough of issues during the entire trip. I couldn't keep this inside any longer. When I saw my child crying and the people we brought as treat having a miserable time I had to at least let them know our disappointment. So Disney did give us access to the party Friday. Something I never asked to do. Yes the crowd Friday was surprisingly much lighter compared to Tuesday.

TeriofTerror

That's quite a shame, and honestly a little surprising so early in the season.
I have nothing to back up this supposition, but is it possible that maybe Disney moved some guests to this party who had purchased tickets in advance but had to rebook due to Irma?

Uncle Lupe

That's quite a shame, and honestly a little surprising so early in the season.
I have nothing to back up this supposition, but is it possible that maybe Disney moved some guests to this party who had purchased tickets in advance but had to rebook due to Irma?
I did meet people who had changed their plans but would not think that many people could change plans that easily.

Last edited:

Pleakley

When purchasing tickets online, does it lock in an absolute date for you, or could you attend a different night that was the same price or cheaper? I always assumed the former, but just curious if it would still scan.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When purchasing tickets online, does it lock in an absolute date for you, or could you attend a different night that was the same price or cheaper? I always assumed the former, but just curious if it would still scan.

Locked into the date you chose. That's how they limit the number who attend.

JustInTime

Just wanted to say that I miss the old actress who played Winnie. The new one is good, but MAN the actress who did the first two years was perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom