Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

imperius

Is Secret Life of Pets only replacing Shrek in Hollywood, or is it coming to Florida as well. I also didn't think the IP was big enough to validate an E-ticket dark ride.
Dreamworks theater is replacing Shreak in Hollywood. Also the movie did 800 million with a sequel coming. Makes plenty of sense to use it for a dark ride due to the facts it's cute animals.

Timothy_Q

Is Secret Life of Pets only replacing Shrek in Hollywood, or is it coming to Florida as well. I also didn't think the IP was big enough to validate an E-ticket dark ride.
It’s not replacing Shrek in Hollywood.
It’s going on the lower lot.
Shrek will become a Dreamworks theater

PizzaPlanet

Just look at how heralded Mystic Manor is. No one has ever heard of that "IP" and I think it does just fine.

If Universal designs a top-notch, Mystic Manor esque "E-ticket" for ASLOP, no one will care that it's not a huge IP.
Honestly I have no problem with them using SLoP for this E-Ticket, I'm just surprised their not choosing to go with something safer and more established like Despicable Me, which already has an attraction next door.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Dreamworks theater is replacing Shreak in Hollywood. Also the movie did 800 million with a sequel coming. Makes plenty of sense to use it for a dark ride due to the facts it's cute animals.

Wasn't someone stating somewhere on these forums that Uni is ditching pitching to families and wants to be a more adult/teen park? This seems very family oriented.

Cmdr_Crimson

Peakly was at DLP 25th and for Guest Star Tuesday and Jumba was at a DLP private event 5 or so years ago.

Also this is Jumba and Peakly's park costumes.
5895581697_f169692300_b.jpg

latest
There is also a Dr. Hamsterveld and Gantu
5895568775_88afd81726_z.jpg

ppete1975

I'd imagine so. Unless it's deemed "better"' for just M&G.

This is just how Timekeeper left.
so is there a chance that we wont get a ride or experience to replace stitch.. just a permanent meet and great? Even stitch is better than another meet and greet. I get kids like them but I have no interest in standing in line to hug a pimply teenager in a sweaty suit that looks like chip and dale. I mean I will high five them if I see them walking around or maybe get a "great pic" but... there are way too many of these now we need rides and attractions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
so is there a chance that we wont get a ride or experience to replace stitch.. just a permanent meet and great? Even stitch is better than another meet and greet. I get kids like them but I have no interest in standing in line to hug a pimply teenager in a sweaty suit that looks like chip and dale. I mean I will high five them if I see them walking around or maybe get a "great pic" but... there are way too many of these now we need rides and attractions.
No, an attraction is still planned for around mid 2020. It's just a re design process.

brb1006

Another Illumination animated film that also came out the same year was "Sing" which is also getting a sequel.

brb1006

Honestly I have no problem with them using SLoP for this E-Ticket, I'm just surprised their not choosing to go with something safer and more established like Despicable Me, which already has an attraction next door.
Probably Universal trying to bring more Illumination properties to Universal.

MichRX7

Premium Member
No, an attraction is still planned for around mid 2020. It's just a re design process.

<yoda>So vague always you are...</yoda>

Do you know if it will continue to revolve around IP-based characters? If so, can you share? If so, please do.
Do you know if they are gutting the theatre or are we getting the same style attraction? If so, can you share? If so, please do.
Do you know when they will announce? If so, can you share? If so, please do.
Do you know if I missed asking anything? If so, can you share? If so, please do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
<yoda>So vague always you are...</yoda>

Do you know if it will continue to revolve around IP-based characters? If so, can you share? If so, please do.
Do you know if they are gutting the theatre or are we getting the same style attraction? If so, can you share? If so, please do.
Do you know when they will announce? If so, can you share? If so, please do.
Do you know if I missed asking anything? If so, can you share? If so, please do.
Yes no and maybe.

Possibly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom