News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

KrazyKat

Wondering if the Skyliners will have on board audio like the monorail announcers and Disney music playing? Maybe something like the host on the People Mover?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the 315 pages of gondola talk.

GCTales

Wondering if the Skyliners will have on board audio like the monorail announcers and Disney music playing? Maybe something like the host on the People Mover?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the 315 pages of gondola talk.

While I don't think it has specifically addressed, it has been Strongly inferred (maybe stated?) that there is no electrical power in the gondolas- so I would not expect on board audio at this point.

I do anticipate hearing ""Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." ad nauseum in the stations, however...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
While I don't think it has specifically addressed, it has been Strongly inferred (maybe stated?) that there is no electrical power in the gondolas- so I would not expect on board audio at this point.

I do anticipate hearing ""Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas." ad nauseum in the stations, however...

There will not be enough power to drive an A/C system in the cars, but they could have a solar panel on them that would be enough to power an audio system if Disney wanted this.

Goofyernmost

I have actually been bitten by induced voltage from a lightning strike. Got a scar on my thumb to prove it.
I have been to Disney World in August and roasted ALMOST to death.
A few bugs don't scare me! Just a little added protein to top off that last Mickey Bar!!!
I will still keep coming to WDW and it will take the undertaker three weeks to get the smile off my face...
(FYI Goofyernmost I love sarcasm.:D)
Sorry, having a scar on your thumb only proves that you have a scar on your thumb. How it got there is pure conjecture without real time photographs. (which could also be faked) Also anyone that even goes to WDW in August becomes an automatic candidate for a room in a secure institution, so that makes testimony very unreliable. :cautious:
Oops, I couldn't help myself.:oops:

jaklgreen

I am kind of split on this. If I were staying at one of the IG hotels, I would be annoyed about the thousands of extra people using it now. They need to overhaul it and add a bunch more gates and security(which I am sure they are doing). But also when I do not stay at those hotels, it will be nice that the main entrance will have thousands of less people at it.

cosmicgirl

Uh-oh...
tower.jpg

cosmicgirl

I am kind of split on this. If I were staying at one of the IG hotels, I would be annoyed about the thousands of extra people using it now. They need to overhaul it and add a bunch more gates and security(which I am sure they are doing). But also when I do not stay at those hotels, it will be nice that the main entrance will have thousands of less people at it.
In both cases those thousands only arrive 8 at a time, if that, so I don't think the effects will be all that noticeable. It should be easier on the gates than a bus and definitely easier than a monorail or a parking tram.

jaklgreen

In both cases those thousands only arrive 8 at a time, if that, so I don't think the effects will be all that noticeable. It should be easier on the gates than a bus and definitely easier than a monorail or a parking tram.

I hope so. IG can get a bit backed up because the last time I was there they only had 1 security spot. I'm sure they will work it out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Yes, but worst case this is 8 every 20 or 30 seconds which is faster then they can get through security screening.

nickys

Premium Member

I hope so. IG can get a bit backed up because the last time I was there they only had 1 security spot. I'm sure they will work it out.

Yes, but worst case this is 8 every 20 or 30 seconds which is faster then they can get through security screening.

All true enough, but the gondolas are inside the secure zone. Only the ticket turnstiles will be affected, and I would hope they might add a couple more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom