Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Musical Mermaid

I just noticed that DSNY Newscast--the YouTube channel @Next Big Thing said was basically the Disney equivalent of TMZ--posted a video about this rumor...

Honestly, I think that if this were to happen, they would've announced it at D23. I really don't think this will happen.

I hope not. I didn't like this movie and I'm tired of princesses being shoved into everything. They have way too many and they all just blend together nowadays. When I saw this movie, it was too similar to plots and personalities already presented. They use the same storyline for all these princesses and the sarcastic, rude sidekick guy got on my nerves the whole film. No, just no.

Speaking of rude, sarcastic characters, I was never a fan of the Iago and Zazu Tiki show and I was at the age where Disney would have expected me to enjoy it. I was glad when I heard about the accident with the animatronic and the original show would be returning. I like the original show, it's a good break in the day, nice and relaxing. It gives me similar vibes to those at the Polynesian Resort. It feels like it's more in the same spirit and we don't get much of that at Disney World these days. Everything is rush, rush, rush and let's try to crack jokes that aren't funny. If anything, I wish the fountain was back and the show was a little longer. If the kids don't like it, there's plenty of distractions for them in Fantasyland. Every attraction isn't meant to appease everyone.

KBLovedDisney

I didn't like this movie and I'm tired of princesses being shoved into everything.
tumblr_ohmsm7Zhko1r9dm6no1_250.gif

zengoth

Honestly, I think that if this were to happen, they would've announced it at D23. I really don't think this will happen.

That would have been a great crowd warm-up, right? "You know that ancient bird show taking up valuable real estate...?" I don't think D23 has ever been used to crush the hearts of fans everywhere. :cool:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Considering Moana is one of the greatest Disney films ever, sorry Elsa and Olaf, I'd be totally okay with her having a presence here! It's truly criminal she's almost nowhere to be found!

Moana felt incomplete to me. Frozen was over-hyped and pretty basic. Of all the more recent CGI Disney films my personal favorite is Planes Tangled. More deserving of a movie to ride adaptation, IMO. However, If Moana taking over Tiki is the only way to save the attraction from disappearing I'll happily welcome the IP overhaul... well so long as "The Rock" doesn't become the living embodiment and mascot of Adventureland.

Last edited:

doctornick

I feel like this is going to be a Moana version of the Tiki Room kinda like how it is a Stitch version in Tokyo. I'm not exactly excited about the idea but it doesn't seem like a horrible crime against nature either. Moana certainly fits the basic theme of the attraction.

EricsBiscuit

That's how CBJ came along. It was originally part of the Mineral King project that was shelved because of a Sierra Club lawsuit. However, I doubt they'll ever put Tiki Room in Poly.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is Adventureland. The strength of the land is what matters, not the stenth of any movie. It is irrelevant whether Moana is a dud or the greatest movie ever. Cartoon characters have no place here. No more than Darth Vader should be put in the Haunted Mansion because he is the coolest ghost presence villain ever.

Adventureland has always had just a handful if IPs: Jungle Cruise; Pirates; Swiss Family; Tiki Birds; and Aladdin.

Aladdin's a cartoon. So, 20% of adventureland adventures is based on a cartoon. It's what gives the land its strength!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Adventureland has always had just a handful if IPs: Jungle Cruise; Pirates; Swiss Family; Tiki Birds; and Aladdin.

Aladdin's a cartoon. So, 20% of adventureland adventures is based on a cartoon. It's what gives the land its strength!

Aladdin... now there's a cartoon to ride adaptation that stands out like sore thumb against the backdrop of Adventureland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom