One Sentence Competition Season 3 - Episode 4

AceAstro

Original Poster
One Sentence Competition Season 3
Episode 4

t1tXEY9.png

Hello, all! I am excited to bring you the 4th Episode of Season 3 in the One Sentence Competiton!

For potential new players and new faces to this game, the One Sentence Competition was a concept dating back to summer 2013 on the Imagineer forum, by a member Turtle, who created essentially an 'elevator pitch' style competition, where only 1-3 sentences were required per post. Eventually in 2016, in light of several more in-depth competitions going on at the time, the One Sentence Competition was reinstalled with Season 2, in order to offer an outlet for people who couldn't contribute to the more in-depth comps. Ever since then it has been a continually staple on the forums, and almost a year-round event, now entering part 4 of Season 3.

(Links to previous episodes this season)
Season 3 Episode 1
Season 3 Episode 2
Season 3 Episode 3

This season is going to have a theme that is a bit different than most. Every week you are going to be given a choice on what to do. It will be the same prompt with a few different choices as the twist. Based off of how many responses there are, I will either judge it all as one grouping or judge each decision separately.

For this competition, there are very few requirements:

1 - All entries need to have a minimum of 1 sentence and a maximum of 3 sentences (depending on the prompt I will allow up to 5 sentences but that will be made clear).
2 - Make sure you have fun!
y8YNLNd_xhUzYXuBNpivMsNtw1puVfJIxC5J4VyrSeaVQZRaIOun51nSyNB1yhWhiZQYcxohyI62bPvt4Hn5ikn-_DY9Hur4HB0RqxeljiwwQT8KhF1CdwyedZhEzM_nTyUC0rRp

Each challenge will a week long (Posted on Sunday, due the next Saturday), and you can post your pitches at any time in that week. I am doing a week long as it gives me time to make sure I can review the prompts quickly as well as give everyone time around their busy schedules to post a prompt.

The first prompt will go up on Sunday, September 10th, with it being due by 10 PM EST on Saturday, September 16th so I can have reviews out and then have the new prompt out Sunday afternoon. Now on to the first challenge before some tags to get us rolling!

AceAstro

Original Poster

Challenge 1: It’s time to show the animals what you’ve got!

5eyWw4mhqROmo0eVfuZyg47iAQi18oNIRqVDjD6jRp_ynXY-JT1BVtERn6s0yT2OaOI6_otRtAxZW2sj_keWmjb7qE5lKLPdIQEbp_kOp9aWlHP0C0Mr5txR7FFpuDaleavkLd2Q

-Back Story-

With the opening of Pandora and Rivers of Light, Animal Kingdom has been doing very well. The one thing that the Animal Kingdom resort is missing is a new theatre show. Because of that, you need to create this new show. There is a tough choice you have to make, however.

-Challenge-

The choice with this challenge is that you have to close one of these two shows and make a brand new show to fit in this stage show. The catch is that it actually has to thematically fit in the area (No, Nemo does not fit in Dinoland U.S.A).

-Rules-

For this challenge, you may use 1-3 sentences and 1 picture describing which show will be closed and what the theme of the new show will be. You don't have to go in depth with the show so keep it simple to use your 3 sentences wisely and effectively.
The prompt is due on September 16th by 10 PM EST and reviews will be posted not long after!

Good luck everyone! If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
The Jungle Book

As part of an expansion of Asia, and fitting the thematic music of Rivers of Light, The Jungle Book makes a return to the theater in the wild (now part of Asia and not Dinoland) replacing Finding Nemo: The Musical. Based on the success of the recent live action film in 2016, and the popular musical score, you'll be invited to view the simple bare necessitates of jungle living with puppets, live actors, and special effects in this 35 minute Broadway spectacle.

TwilightZone

Dinosaurs
Replacing finding nemo: the musical, this show is about a group of dinosaurs trying to escape a volcano eruption. With many twists and turns, it would make for an exciting show for all the little dino lovers. Done with high tech costumes, puppets, and animatronics as well as really high tech special effects to create a world that audiences can be sucked into.

AceAstro

Original Poster
The Jungle Book

As part of an expansion of Asia, and fitting the thematic music of Rivers of Light, The Jungle Book makes a return to the theater in the wild (now part of Asia and not Dinoland) replacing Finding Nemo: The Musical. Based on the success of the recent live action film in 2016, and the popular musical score, you'll be invited to view the simple bare necessitates of jungle living with puppets, live actors, and special effects in this 35 minute Broadway spectacle.

I love this idea! I quite enjoyed the live-action film so I could see this fitting in perfectly! Would be a great improvement in my opinion!

AceAstro

Original Poster
Dinosaurs
Replacing finding nemo: the musical, this show is about a group of dinosaurs trying to escape a volcano eruption. With many twists and turns, it would make for an exciting show for all the little dino lovers. Done with high tech costumes, puppets, and animatronics as well as really high tech special effects to create a world that audiences can be sucked into.

Great idea! Only thing I would be worried about with it is the name as people might get it confused with the movie that already has the attraction. Otherwise, I quite enjoy this idea and think it would be very successful!

AceAstro

Original Poster
The Good Dinosaur

Based on the Pixar film The Good Dinosaur, guests will sit down for an hour long show that tells the tale of Arlo. The show will be a special effects show that even includes pyrotechnics!

I personally loved the film so think it would be a great project but I know it was a "bust" compared to other PIXAR films so not sure how well it would go over with the guests!

AceAstro

Original Poster
Challenge 2: Bringing back its former glory

wCyk9afaS5yhpDs6BBRfR1l05oTdUa6c8OnLIeP07ZfQMLia-G0liR6PPBOTbZuBOkyn0NUw4kJpRzBwi1eXlFXG-NaUks-XQe332geX8Hyz6naGtKEbZSjYgUuEYh26wKGMswro

-Back Story-

A lot of past attractions are still loved by many (*cough cough* Tower of Terror *cough cough*) but not every past attraction was fully loved. Some examples of that are Superstar Limo, Rocket Rods, and the Flying Saucers/ Luigi’s Flying Tires.

-Challenge-

The challenge you have is to take one of these three past attractions and re-theme it to a land/ idea that could actually work anywhere in the Disneyland resort. It does not have to re-open in the same land that the attraction was originally in.

-Rules-

For this challenge, you may use 1-5 sentences and 1 picture describing which ride you will bring back and what land it will go in and how it will fit. That is why you have up to 5 sentences for this prompt! The prompt is due on September 23rd by 10 PM EST and reviews will be posted not long after!

Good luck everyone! If you have any questions don’t be afraid to ask!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom