Hurricane Irma

Jordanaous

I wouldn't even try to drive. Anything could be on the road.

Still confuses me that people will see a downed power line and think they can move it themselves by hand. Best to just stay safe in my eyes. Stay indoors, find something to do - maybe this is the perfect time to spring clean the interior of your house. There's always something that can be done, there's no need to go outside right now. Life is more important than any boredom that people may have...

andysol

Ok. Here is a wdwmagic exclusive

I went ahead and decided to use the walking path to MK to see the damage. Saw no one on my walk. No one there. No grounds clean up. No security. Just me.

Damage not bad. Just limbs and bulbs- maybe 6 globes broken.
Walking path to MK
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg

These are the lights that were wrapped (fans are too). Only 1/5 or so of the bulbs had this on them. Guessing they ran out?
IMG_4162.jpg

I took these about 10-15 mins ago. I forgot to take video so just went back and took some. Someone on a golf cart went inside. Entrances and gates are now open. I have video and pics I'll send to Steve @wdwmagic so he can post.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Still confuses me that people will see a downed power line and think they can move it themselves by hand. Best to just stay safe in my eyes. Stay indoors, find something to do - maybe this is the perfect time to spring clean the interior of your house. There's always something that can be done, there's no need to go outside right now. Life is more important than any boredom that people may have...

This is a perfect day to watch scary movies and eat popcorn. That is what i am doing

disney4life2008

I went ahead and decided to use the walking path to MK to see the damage. Saw no one on my walk. No one there. No grounds clean up. No security. Just me.

Walking path to MK
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg

I took these about 10-15 mins ago. I forgot to take video so just went back and took some. Someone on a golf cart went inside. Entrances and gates are open. I have video and pics ok send to Steve @wdwmagic so he can post.

He careful. Curfew is not until 6pm tonight.

Jordanaous

MCO received quite a battering during the storm, so this wouldn't surprise me. There's been no official word from the airport yet, although military planes with medical personnel have been landing at the airport, so might be able to return to normal sooner than Wednesday (depending on terminal damage)...

Update on this. JetBlue are anticipating that the airport may be able to reopen as soon as THIS EVENING!

bai4oHx.png

Very optimistic of them, but for now MCO are asking people to stay away from the airport as there has been some wind damage...

I imagine it may open late this evening for some commercial flights, although they could be simply relocation flights - dropping off crew etc. They could also allow flights that were already on their way to Florida, but couldn't land at MCO, land tonight. British Airways flights from Gatwick have stopped at Bermuda while MCO is closed, waiting for it to reopen.

If it will open tonight, there definitely will be a VERY limited operation... and it won't be until after the 6PM Curfew...

rob0519

Walking path to MK
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg

I took these about 10-15 mins ago. I forgot to take video so just went back and took some. Someone on a golf cart went inside. Entrances and gates are open. I have video and pics ok send to Steve @wdwmagic so he can post.

Maybe it's my browser, but none of the pictures are viewable.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I hope everyone is safe. We live in Volusia county and are currently on our way back from a road trip out west (including Disneyland). We weren't able to get back in time to board up our windows. We were up all night watching the news from a hotel room in Texas and are worried about our family and house. :(

Raineman

Damage not bad. Just limbs and bulbs.
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg
ast pic is of a lights that had netting on Them. Only ~10% had netting. Maybe 5-6 broken.

Walking path to MK
IMG_4150.jpg

And all the entrance pics
Broken bulb
IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

I took these about 10-15 mins ago. I forgot to take video so just went back and took some. Someone on a golf cart went inside. Entrances and gates are open. I have video and pics ok send to Steve @wdwmagicfan1 so he can post.
If that is the extent of the storm damage, both at WDW and around the area, I'm sure that would be just fine with most people.

JohnD

Original Poster

Walking path to MK
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg

Too bad you can't go in. I saw several broken light lamps. Not sure if there are still wind gusts but be careful out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom