When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What is a shame is that CMs are basically told to NOT act in character at HM, rather speak kindly to guests. This would be the best attraction to work if you could still act in character. NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!

Our CM must not have read the memo. She certainly was in character and got rather angry when the guy kept using his flash. But in character.

Amos1784

A couple months ago my husband and I were in the third row on Grand Fiesta Tour. The two rows in front of us were an entire family. Front row had dad and maybe a 3(ish) boy and daughter (8?), second row had mom and 2 little girls (4 and 6 approx.). Every...single...child had a bubble wand that lit up crazy colors and used it the entire ride causing bubbles to just stream into our face for the entirety of the ride. I have the utmost patience when it comes to a crying/crabby child as well that can happen anywhere or anytime, but to know that the rest of the boat is literally eating bubbles the entire ride was beyond me.

LAKid53

Premium Member
A couple months ago my husband and I were in the third row on Grand Fiesta Tour. The two rows in front of us were an entire family. Front row had dad and maybe a 3(ish) boy and daughter (8?), second row had mom and 2 little girls (4 and 6 approx.). Every...single...child had a bubble wand that lit up crazy colors and used it the entire ride causing bubbles to just stream into our face for the entirety of the ride. I have the utmost patience when it comes to a crying/crabby child as well that can happen anywhere or anytime, but to know that the rest of the boat is literally eating bubbles the entire ride was beyond me.

It's usually not the kids that annoy me (unless they are rude teenagers), but their completely clueless parents. I've had words with parents whose kids continue to smack me on the rear (during Tomorrowland Terrace Desserts), push me, step on the back of my shoes, etc. And they all think their child is a little angel and are shocked, shocked, I'd complain.... Yo, you're the parent, manage your child, for his well being and that of others. I always did.

hoffman1

The mister fans are the ones that annoy me. Not everyone wants to get sprayed in the face with water (especially after you see the kid repeatedly putting the end in his/her mouth)!

Yelloweaver

It annoys me when people say aloud the ghost host narration in the stretching room at the haunted mansion. Also the pushing and shoving when entering the room to get to to buggy.

Oops, I do that because I love it so much. However, I do it quietly down next to my daughter's ear and not screaming it where people can hear me.

Yelloweaver

Flash photography in Spaceship Earth or Pirates. I hate it so much.

People just sitting in the middle of the row in a theater. I almost didn't have seats at Philharmagic because someone stopped in the middle of the row and I was at the end. So only 50% of the row was seated and by the time I got around to the other side it was full. We had to sit in a handicapped row (I think that's what it was)

I may or may not have actually stomped on peoples feet stepping over them when they stop and sit halfway down a row and say "they said MOVE DOWN asshat".

LMSB

I can't say I'm proud of this now that I'm 30 :D, but during the trip we took when I was 13 it was my family's first time at Animal Kingdom- the woman walking behind us into the theater for It's Tough to Be a Bug was huffing and puffing behind us that we were walking too slow (while we were literally just keeping up with the crowd) Anyway, she pushed past us with her two kids and ended up one row in front of us- she stood up to wave someone over, and as she stood I put my chewed up gum on her seat:rolleyes: After the show, I was satisfied to see it on the back of her shorts. Again, not proud of it but hey, that's what she deserved for being pushy & rude IMO :)

Jedi Stitch

I brought it up before about some college age jerks in line ahead of us with one guy thinking it was totally hilarious to fart some stinky stuff all through out a more than an hour wait. Actually making my GF vomit.
Just had some friends return from WDW. They had went to Epcot and rode Frozen. There was a woman who had also got on the ride who thought she was being helpful telling them everything that changed what scene were what. They politely asked her to stop, but she seamed oblivious at that point. Luckily they had plans to ride it again and the next time they got to enjoy it.

Bronson55

I hate it when guests have no idea what the attraction is about then try to leave mid show when they don't know or like what's going on. Great example is the Carosel of Progress. This seems to happen when these guests don't understand the language or can't relate to the scenes depicted. Several showings have been severely interrupted by these folks trying to exit during the show. I sent a suggestion to Disney saying there should be signs posted in several common non english languages giving an overview of the attraction. Many of these guests seem to be expecting some wild ride and are bored and disappointed but don't have the courtesy to wait it out.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I hate it when guests have no idea what the attraction is about then try to leave mid show when they don't know or like what's going on. Great example is the Carosel of Progress. This seems to happen when these guests don't understand the language or can't relate to the scenes depicted. Several showings have been severely interrupted by these folks trying to exit during the show. I sent a suggestion to Disney saying there should be signs posted in several common non english languages giving an overview of the attraction. Many of these guests seem to be expecting some wild ride and are bored and disappointed but don't have the courtesy to wait it out.
You give people too much credit. I suggest lap bars and locking seat restraints.

Incomudro

It's usually not the kids that annoy me (unless they are rude teenagers), but their completely clueless parents. I've had words with parents whose kids continue to smack me on the rear (during Tomorrowland Terrace Desserts), push me, step on the back of my shoes, etc. And they all think their child is a little angel and are shocked, shocked, I'd complain.... Yo, you're the parent, manage your child, for his well being and that of others. I always did.

At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I'm the parent of twin boys who are now 15 years old - and we never let them do any of that stuff - such as kick seat backs, repeatedly bang into people, treat cues (or anything else) like a playground by climbing, hanging swinging on etc., talk inappropriately loud or at all where they shouldn't and so on.
Sometimes when I say that, people will say to me sarcastically, "Yeah, aren't you perfect."
No.
But my wife and I always made note of annoying kids before ours were born and we would say "I would never let my kid do that!"
Lots of people say that, but few actually do it when they have kids of their own.
We did.
Some others do too.

Yelloweaver

Last year we were in line to ride Haunted Mansion. I boarded the Doom Buggy first, then my daughter when this foreign man cut between my husband and daughter and tried to climb in with us!! She started screaming and as you know this is a moving walkway, she was pushing on the bar to keep it from coming down and yelling that he wasn't her daddy and to move so her daddy could get on. Tt stopped the ride so the CM had to tell the man to step away so my husband could board. To this day she talks about when the weird guy tried to get in the doom buggy with us.

AmandaS.

Last year we were in line to ride Haunted Mansion. I boarded the Doom Buggy first, then my daughter when this foreign man cut between my husband and daughter and tried to climb in with us!! She started screaming and as you know this is a moving walkway, she was pushing on the bar to keep it from coming down and yelling that he wasn't her daddy and to move so her daddy could get on. Tt stopped the ride so the CM had to tell the man to step away so my husband could board. To this day she talks about when the weird guy tried to get in the doom buggy with us.
My husband would have probably punched the guy. Maybe it was an honest mistake or maybe he was a creep, but this would have freaked me out.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hate this! Had an instance in a restaurant where a guy was leaning against my table attempting to take a pictures of his group and when I asked him to move he acted like there was nothing wrong. Uh yeah there is something wrong jerk! I'm trying to enjoy my meal and you are practically sitting with my party so you can take a picture!
I know I'm not the only one who hates this! I bet it happens all the time at Character Dining with guests and children freaking out so they can get a picture with whomever. Not my thing, no thank you!

Had something similar at Rainforest, but it was a child with a camera. Our 2 person table was next to one of the big fish tanks. In mid bite, this kid leans over our table to take pictures of the fish. I had to resist the urge to stab his hand with my fork, just in case he dropped his camera in my food. Instead, I swatted his hand away and told him to return to his table or I'd march him over there myself. About that time, his embarrassed father showed up to remove him. His mom wasn't paying any attention...she was too busy enjoying a large glass of wine with a friend. And then the 2 year old wandered over, grabbing the edge of the table to pull himself up to stare at our food. I got up, walked him over to his mother and told her she needs ro watch her children...I could have walked out with that little boy (he was the cutest, with blond hair and big blue eyes), and she wouldn't have noticed.

Some parents....

LAKid53

Premium Member
At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I'm the parent of twin boys who are now 15 years old - and we never let them do any of that stuff - such as kick seat backs, repeatedly bang into people, treat cues (or anything else) like a playground by climbing, hanging swinging on etc., talk inappropriately loud or at all where they shouldn't and so on.
Sometimes when I say that, people will say to me sarcastically, "Yeah, aren't you perfect."
No.
But my wife and I always made note of annoying kids before ours were born and we would say "I would never let my kid do that!"
Lots of people say that, but few actually do it when they have kids of their own.
We did.
Some others do too.

And I would use your boys as examples for my daughter of appropriate behavior. And tell her that's good parenting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom