When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

21stamps

And then there's all those rude, drunk men who sing loudly in Pirates... oh, wait...

We sing along with those drunk men while on Pirates.
Sorry all.

My Top 4 pet peeves at Disney-

1. people shoving into a monorail car and pushed up against me.

2. Large families/groups who shove their way in between a parent and child while all 10 of them walk by..

3. People who think it's their vacation so their happiness trumps anyone else's comfort or experience.

4. People who stand too close to you in line for a ride.

I won't say it ruins the experience.. but it's momentarily annoying when it happens.

jaklgreen

What if they smell bad? Like 150 minutes at FoP and then you wind up next to them. 4 min of heaven once the ride finally began and the wind and smells masked the atrocious BO :/

BO is a big pet peeve of mine. I get that we are all sweaty but I swear that some people have never heard of deodorant. I have a hyper-sense of smell and if I can smell you from 6 feet away, you got a stink problem.

The Empress Lilly

Every time I ride Under the Sea, the clams on either side have idiots taking flash pictures. I think I'm cursed and beginning to think I shouldn't bother riding anymore :eek: I also have to remember the virtue of patience, which I have none of, as although I visit weekly and know everything like the back of my hand, others don't and I have to remind myself I was once 'new' too
You're not cursed. On LM you face other riders an awful lot, which exacerbates the problem.

mf1972

about 2 years ago, my wife & I are having dinner at raglan road, & a group of irish dancers come to our section to perform.
as soon as they start dancing, a guest from another table shoots out to record it in his phone, blocking g our view & 2 adjacent tables.
before i can say "WTH", the guy at the next table spoke up first. the other guest moved to the side, but gave us all a dirty look.

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
about 2 years ago, my wife & I are having dinner at raglan road, & a group of irish dancers come to our section to perform.
as soon as they start dancing, a guest from another table shoots out to record it in his phone, blocking g our view & 2 adjacent tables.
before i can say "WTH", the guy at the next table spoke up first. the other guest moved to the side, but gave us all a dirty look.
Score one for the good guys.

kadybat

When we were at the Festival of the Lion King, a woman sitting next to my husband was vaping

I'm sorry, I don't know why this one in particular is so darn funny to me, but that's hilarious. It's incredulously rude in this like utterly gutsy way. She paid over $100 to get into the park, maybe more, to risk getting kicked out for doing something she could do at home. Reminds me of all the times I've seen people smoking weed on public transportation in San Francisco.

NiarrNDisney

Hate this! Had an instance in a restaurant where a guy was leaning against my table attempting to take a pictures of his group and when I asked him to move he acted like there was nothing wrong. Uh yeah there is something wrong jerk! I'm trying to enjoy my meal and you are practically sitting with my party so you can take a picture!
I know I'm not the only one who hates this! I bet it happens all the time at Character Dining with guests and children freaking out so they can get a picture with whomever. Not my thing, no thank you!

Last edited:

graphite1326

We sing along with those drunk men while on Pirates.
Sorry all.

My Top 4 pet peeves at Disney-

1. people shoving into a monorail car and pushed up against me.

2. Large families/groups who shove their way in between a parent and child while all 10 of them walk by..

3. People who think it's their vacation so their happiness trumps anyone else's comfort or experience.

4. People who stand too close to you in line for a ride.

I won't say it ruins the experience.. but it's momentarily annoying when it happens.
I have to apologize for 1 & 4. I thought you were cute.

Disney4family

This past May trip, we were on our first ride on Frozen. There was a group of people behind us who decided to then have a discussion about something...they talked through the entire ride. Not joking. I was so upset, but luckily we got to ride it again without a FP after we ate supper. The line was very short for some reason (I guess due to the rain).
We found talking to be the major problem this last trip. The flash photography is still horrible, especially on Under the Sea when it's in your face due to the layout, but people just constantly talk the whole time now about anything and everything instead of enjoying the attraction.

Why are they there? What's the point? WDW is the one place where I get to live in the moment and enjoy each moment.

And what are the parents teaching their children when they behave worse than the children? As soon as we sat on IASW a dad went over his entire FP selections and modifications for the day with the mom. Even the kids were chiming in. They didn't care that they were on an attraction or that they could be ruining it for the others on the same boat. The same thing happened for our next attraction on POC. My husband sat next to a couple on Soarin' who talked the whole time about their house, lawn, work, etc.
I guess it goes back to the "entitlement" comments everyone has mentioned. People are clueless and rude and just don't get the total WDW experience anymore.

Disney4family

I still don't get how when someone smells that bad how they can not smell themselves???!!!! Or how their wife or husband or family or friends have not intervened and mentioned it to them. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the valet LOL
My friend who used to teach middle school chorus always gave a speech about showering and using deoderant before a concert. One year for the last rehearsal, she wore a car air freshener around her neck as a necklace.
Maybe Disney can sell attraction-shaped air freshener necklaces?? :confused:

LMSB

Mission space 2011 will never forget the guy next to me clearly didn't own deodorant. I almost puked the whole small space reeked. Needless to say never wanna have that happen again.
My husband & I experienced this issue two weeks back, while visiting Hershey Park in Pennsylvania- people waiting in line for attractions in confined spaces who clearly were not wearing deodorant. I always try to be sensitive to others, what with different cultures, situations, etc. but that day we kept running into this "problem" .

People also seem to have the trouble with PERSONAL SPACE (I know, nothing new) but really irked me that day was young kids standing too close, bumping into us, yet the parents do & say nothing. I actually had one little girl waiting behind us for one of the roller coasters, ask me if she could "walk in front of us to get ahead in line" She was old enough to know better, yet her father said nothing & smiled at her like it was the cutest thing in the world. My husband told me afterwards he was afraid I was going to unleash on this child & her father :rolleyes: TOTALLY not my style, I'm not one to get into confrontations- but people like this really push buttons!! Moral of my rant is, every time something like this happened we would look at each other & say "good practice for Disney" ;) (We leave in 72 days!)

LMSB

This happens on so many rides. People (typically young people) unnessisarily screaming on rides. No one thinks it's funny, it's so annoying.
Couldn't agree more!! Same trip I mentioned in my last post- a young girl maybe 8 or 9 literally screamed bloody murder on the swing ride while we were waiting. People in line were actually wondering if she was hurt.. the ride stopped & off she went, not a care in the world :mad:

LMSB

I've told this one before, but it was the worst. Riding Splash, my wife and 10 year old daughter are in the front row, I'm in the second, and a couple in their mid to late 20's are behind me. They talk loudly through the whole ride, and after the big drop the girl starts scooping up handfuls of water and throwing them on me and my family. I turn around and ask her to knock it off. She says in a real smart a way, "It's a water ride." So I say ok, turn to the boyfriend or whatever, and tell him that if he doesn't get her under control immediately that I'll be stomping his *** the second I get out of the boat. I'm only 5'7" and a buck sixty five, but I guess he could tell that I was completely serious and didn't mind tangling with him. He was correct, and there was no more splashing or talking.
I'll never understand why people do that :eek: Last trip, my sister & I rode Splash in the front row- a group of teenage boys sitting behind us did the same thing (I don't think they were from this country, but still no excuse!)

Maccabee18

My number one biggest pet peeve is people who carry balloons or children during the fireworks and don't look around to see what they are blocking. I don't want to view the back of your child's head while they are wearing glow with show magic ears as my view of the fireworks.

largemarge

There was a group of GROWN people who got into a very loud argument during the Tower of Terror intro last time we were at Disney. A group of women were angry at a man who I'm assuming cut them off getting into the room and they were sure to let him know about it.......and wouldn't let up until he separated from them in the loading area. I felt so bad for anyone in the room who was riding it for the first time. Completely ruined the experience. I remember when I rode it for the first time in 1997 as a 12 year old and was alone because my mom isn't a thrill ride person. If a group of adults had been arguing during the intro I probably wouldn't have loved the ride as much as I did. It's sad when adults can't set a good example for younger folks.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The two idiots who (1) took flash photos and (2) kept checking their cell phone in the stretching room on Haunted Mansion. The CM had to several times tell them no flash photography and put down their phone - and she got rather rude the last warning. The guy doing the flash photos aimed right for my eyes...if the cast member hadn't warned him, I was going to rip the phone/camera out of his hands.

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The two idiots who (1) took flash photos and (2) kept checking their cell phone in the stretching room on Haunted Mansion. The CM had to several times tell them no flash photography and put down their phone - and she got rather rude the last warning. The guy doing the flash photos aimed right for my eyes...if the cast member hadn't warned him, I was going to rip the phone/camera out of his hands.
What is a shame is that CMs are basically told to NOT act in character at HM, rather speak kindly to guests. This would be the best attraction to work if you could still act in character. NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom