When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My husband would have probably punched the guy. Maybe it was an honest mistake or maybe he was a creep, but this would have freaked me out.

I would have insisted the CM call Security and remove the man from the park. I cannot believe the man would have mistakenly climbed into the buggy with a strange woman and her young daughter. That he cut between the father and little girl is telling....

LMSB

Last year we were in line to ride Haunted Mansion. I boarded the Doom Buggy first, then my daughter when this foreign man cut between my husband and daughter and tried to climb in with us!! She started screaming and as you know this is a moving walkway, she was pushing on the bar to keep it from coming down and yelling that he wasn't her daddy and to move so her daddy could get on. Tt stopped the ride so the CM had to tell the man to step away so my husband could board. To this day she talks about when the weird guy tried to get in the doom buggy with us.
This makes me so angry!! How scary that must have been for your daughter. Foreign or not, no excuse. People like that ruin the "magic" :(

NiarrNDisney

Had something similar at Rainforest, but it was a child with a camera. Our 2 person table was next to one of the big fish tanks. In mid bite, this kid leans over our table to take pictures of the fish. I had to resist the urge to stab his hand with my fork, just in case he dropped his camera in my food. Instead, I swatted his hand away and told him to return to his table or I'd march him over there myself. About that time, his embarrassed father showed up to remove him. His mom wasn't paying any attention...she was too busy enjoying a large glass of wine with a friend. And then the 2 year old wandered over, grabbing the edge of the table to pull himself up to stare at our food. I got up, walked him over to his mother and told her she needs ro watch her children...I could have walked out with that little boy (he was the cutest, with blond hair and big blue eyes), and she wouldn't have noticed.

Some parents....
That is so obnoxious! Dinner time with your friend and a glass of wine is not your time to stop being a parent! Either get a sitter and have an adults only night or learn to take care of your children.

Incomudro

Last year we were in line to ride Haunted Mansion. I boarded the Doom Buggy first, then my daughter when this foreign man cut between my husband and daughter and tried to climb in with us!! She started screaming and as you know this is a moving walkway, she was pushing on the bar to keep it from coming down and yelling that he wasn't her daddy and to move so her daddy could get on. Tt stopped the ride so the CM had to tell the man to step away so my husband could board. To this day she talks about when the weird guy tried to get in the doom buggy with us.

I hate when people cram between groups that are obviously a family.

Hockey89

When we were at the Festival of the Lion King, a woman sitting next to my husband was vaping and when my husband said it wasn't allowed, she kept arguing with him. She said that it wasn't smoking, and when he called a cast member over, she made sure to stop. As soon as the cast member left, however, she would start up again. When the show started, she luckily stopped.
Ive done it with smokers or vaping.... Take it out of their mouth and throw it away... I don't care... I guess being 6'5 helps... I don't put up with it.

Our party arrived at MK in time for the rope drop in front of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. We actually were the first guests to step into the queue, which I thought was pretty cool, until this mother and daughter stepping right in line, cutting our party in half. Throughout the queue we politely requested she step aside and let our remaining two people join the rest up front, but the mother rudely refused and complained loudly to her daughter about "people lying to get up front" and "how rude some people can be" and, my personal favorite, "how inconsiderate people are these days." Oh, the irony... Our party ended up separated by one row, whereupon our front half turned around dramatically to talk past these great people to the rest of the group. The woman, for a reason I can't fathom, seemed livid.

BrunoTaTa

"The Narrator" who gives his companion a guided tour, loudly, of everything on the attraction, nonstop.

"The Screecher", who goes way over the top to display that she is frightened/excited.

"Hands Up!" The guy on Big Thunder Mt RR who has his hands up within 10ms of boarding and it's 3 minutes before the train does anything remotely scary, allowing others to enjoy his man-scent.

"Corporal Clinger" At standing/walking attractions, the person who seems to have no personal space inhibitions and stands behind you so closely you feel their breath on your neck and their knees touching the hairs on the back of your calves. Double fun on dark attractions.

BrunoTaTa

Maybe it was a ghost.

BrunoTaTa

I can't say I'm proud of this now that I'm 30 :D, but during the trip we took when I was 13 it was my family's first time at Animal Kingdom- the woman walking behind us into the theater for It's Tough to Be a Bug was huffing and puffing behind us that we were walking too slow (while we were literally just keeping up with the crowd) Anyway, she pushed past us with her two kids and ended up one row in front of us- she stood up to wave someone over, and as she stood I put my chewed up gum on her seat:rolleyes: After the show, I was satisfied to see it on the back of her shorts. Again, not proud of it but hey, that's what she deserved for being pushy & rude IMO :)
You sure you're not just a little proud?

_caleb

Definitely one of the worst things ever. I hate being pushed and one time I actually was pushed into one of the poles. So, I decided there had to be a better way of dealing with these rude, pushy people. Now, I slowly walk toward the exit of the stretching room and hold back until everyone else is in the doom buggy line. I wait until everyone else is line, so I'm the last person of the group to join the line.

Now, if we could figure out a solution to deal with the screamers and electronics users, wouldn't it be great?
I do this, too!

DfromATX

I still don't get how when someone smells that bad how they can not smell themselves???!!!! Or how their wife or husband or family or friends have not intervened and mentioned it to them. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the valet LOL

Because they're used to it. And odds are, if one in the family is like that, the whole clan is.

TJxMagic

I went off on a lady who was by herself, easily mid-50's, wearing an annual passholder t-shirt. She was on the Peter Pan dark ride and continuously took flash photography with a professional camera even though there was a boat of kids right in front of her. It didn't end well for her.

TARDIS

Last trip I went on the Star Wars tour and got stuck with one of the worst families. Rude and entitled,they would push shove and not stay with the guides or follow any directions given.We had all entered a theater and one of them had wondered off at some point again then entered after the show started. We filled every seat per the cast member direction and I guess he wanted my seat as I was next to his wife. I refused because I would be split from my family(and there were no seats left)Yet he proceeds to get in my face to have me move in the middle of the film. The tour guide moved him to stand in back and he and his family spent the rest of the day pushing past my family and doing their best to ruin our day.Took all we had to keep our cool. Also never going to do a tour again too risky to get stuck with something like that again for 7 hours.

KBLovedDisney

Someone who uses their flashlight (not camera flash), no, the flashlight feature on their phone to see the inside of HM...We were stopped in the room with Madam Leota and the girl in the car next to me decided that she wanted to see the effects. Needless to say, everyone was giving her the evil eye during this time (I doubt she saw or cared)

TotallyBiased

I'd taken my daughter on her first trip and she wanted to watch the ELP. We had a spot on the sidewalk and a family of foreigners came and sat on the very edge of the sidewalk in front of us. A bevy of other families had lined up and our kids were all in a little group. When the parade starts the entire family who'd cut in front of us stands up, blocking the view for all the kids and refuses to listen to anyone. The father turned around and shot us a look like we had no right to tell them what to do. All the kids were upset (at least 6 of them), "I can't see anything." Family didn't care. I had to stand up or all I'd have was a face full of this family's back ends, so now I'm blocking people behind me. Out of courtesy I try and shuffle back a little but keep my daughter within arms reach hoping she had a better vantage point through the wall of jackoffs. No luck.

And one for my own, on Rockin' Rollercoaster, I took a shot of Aerosmith in the studio and didn't realize my flash was on on my iPhone. (/hang head in shame). Cast members gave me a stern "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY." #RookieMistake

jaklgreen

At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I'm the parent of twin boys who are now 15 years old - and we never let them do any of that stuff - such as kick seat backs, repeatedly bang into people, treat cues (or anything else) like a playground by climbing, hanging swinging on etc., talk inappropriately loud or at all where they shouldn't and so on.
Sometimes when I say that, people will say to me sarcastically, "Yeah, aren't you perfect."
No.
But my wife and I always made note of annoying kids before ours were born and we would say "I would never let my kid do that!"
Lots of people say that, but few actually do it when they have kids of their own.
We did.
Some others do too.

The only people who say that are the ones who are too lazy to parent properly. We are the same as you. We made sure that our kids were not bothering anyone else. Mine are teens now too and are growing up to be considerate, polite members of society. Keep up the good parenting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom