Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! announced for nov/dec on MDE

nickys

Premium Member
Sorry if already asked (and answered) but since I'm going on a day when Jingle BAM! is at 8pm and Fantasmic! is at 8:30, would I be able to see both, if I had a FP+ to Fantasmic!?

they added the progection show to jingle jam, so that will increas the time of the show makingit closer to 25 minutes so that would be a really stressful thing to try to accomplish, unless you guys are big runners

The return time for fastpasses for shows are usually a 20 minute period that ends about 10 minutes before the show. So for an 8:30pm show time, fp will likely show 8:00 - 8:20.

So even if you get there in time, they likely will have opened up the fp seating to everyone else, so you could find yourself searching for seats, standing or even denied entry.

When are you going? It looks like they have updated all show times. I would double check. I started looking at around 24th November. Admittedly I didn't check every date until around 11th Dec. However the half hour timing was true for all dates I saw.

AshaNeOmah

I'm going to go a little against the grain here and say we actually liked Jingle Bell Jingle BAM.

The story wasn't quite then easiest to follow, there seemed to be a lot of echo/reverb in the main plaza, but it wasn't really designed for voiceovers during fireworks shows, I'm guessing. I don't remember a lot of voices during Sorcery in the Sky.

The big problem was the smoke. The Chinese theater isn't nearly as tall or far away as Cinderella Castle and, if the wind is against you, the plaza filled with smoke and obstructed the view pretty quickly.

Disney-Trains

Sorry for asking again.... But any insiders know the status on being able to use the launch site for this show?

That show is going to be even weaker without big pyro...

dhslxop

Am I remembering this wrong? Didn't Star Wars fireworks stop for a bit last holiday season? And then they added them back due to popular demand and showed both shows? I wonder if something similar would happen this year.

ChrisI

The return time for fastpasses for shows are usually a 20 minute period that ends about 10 minutes before the show. So for an 8:30pm show time, fp will likely show 8:00 - 8:20.

So even if you get there in time, they likely will have opened up the fp seating to everyone else, so you could find yourself searching for seats, standing or even denied entry.

When are you going? It looks like they have updated all show times. I would double check. I started looking at around 24th November. Admittedly I didn't check every date until around 11th Dec. However the half hour timing was true for all dates I saw.
I'll be at DHS Wednesday, December 6th.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry for asking again.... But any insiders know the status on being able to use the launch site for this show?

That show is going to be even weaker without big pyro...
The launch site is out of the park now, so will perform as normal. But unfortunately gives a very off-center view.

nickys

Premium Member
I'll be at DHS Wednesday, December 6th.

From my last post, it looks like it will be 6:30 for JBJB, 7pm for Fantasmic.

You will still have the same problem, but the times have changed. I think you will have to chose some or the other, and go another night if you can to do both.

Disney-Trains

They dropped all the major pyro supposedly because of so many brush fires being started.

The Star Wars show has no large shells in the show now, only comets and a very few small shells. They added more flames and low level pyro to the show but it is still dramatically lacking.

Since fireworks have not returned to Star Wars yet, I'm wondering what we will actually get from jingle bam.

jrhwdw

They dropped all the major pyro supposedly because of so many brush fires being started.

The Star Wars show has no large shells in the show now, only comets and a very few small shells. They added more flames and low level pyro to the show but it is still dramatically lacking.

Since fireworks have not returned to Star Wars yet, I'm wondering what we will actually get from jingle bam.
Saw SWAGS from 8/7 on YT and it was awful..from a high pyro perspective, all the low pyro was still there including the new low launch in front of the high pyro that debuted around HEA's opening. SWAGS still looked so good when HEA came! Too bad they had to dial back the show since we are now in the wet season. Hopefully that doesn't last forever! Maybe it will last until Bell, BAM! since it was said it was going to have more pyro this year.

Disney-Trains

Yeah... They added some low level pyro where they could... And the extra flames are at least something... But still. I already missed the original Star Wars fireworks shows but understood why the launch site had to change. But now... It's just sad. Ha.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
who is screaming? Sorry but please dont pick on my post , thats just a statement to be mean and start an issue, i typed in capitals , how is that is screaming when it has no sound is way beyond me lol SORRY I LIKE CAPITALS AND THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST USING THEM LOL

YOU'RE RIGHT. THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST USING THEM. BUT CONVENTIONS OF WRITING IN ENGLISH FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS WOULD INCLUDE USING ALL CAPS MAINLY FOR TITLES AND EMPHASIS AND IF YOU EMPHASIZE YOUR ENTIRE POST AS IF THERE WAS SOMETHING URGENT, AND I MEAN REALLY URGENT, AND IT'S NOT REALLY THAT URGENT IT'S IS LIKE YOUR SHOUTING FOR NO GOOD REASON AND NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR SHOUTING FOR NO GOOD REASON.

Sunset7132

Original Poster
I'm going to go a little against the grain here and say we actually liked Jingle Bell Jingle BAM.

The story wasn't quite then easiest to follow, there seemed to be a lot of echo/reverb in the main plaza, but it wasn't really designed for voiceovers during fireworks shows, I'm guessing. I don't remember a lot of voices during Sorcery in the Sky.

The big problem was the smoke. The Chinese theater isn't nearly as tall or far away as Cinderella Castle and, if the wind is against you, the plaza filled with smoke and obstructed the view pretty quickly.
I think if your expectations is not a big firework show and more of a laser projection show then it's probably a much better experience

MOXOMUMD

YOU'RE RIGHT. THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST USING THEM. BUT CONVENTIONS OF WRITING IN ENGLISH FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS WOULD INCLUDE USING ALL CAPS MAINLY FOR TITLES AND EMPHASIS AND IF YOU EMPHASIZE YOUR ENTIRE POST AS IF THERE WAS SOMETHING URGENT, AND I MEAN REALLY URGENT, AND IT'S NOT REALLY THAT URGENT IT'S IS LIKE YOUR SHOUTING FOR NO GOOD REASON AND NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR SHOUTING FOR NO GOOD REASON.
:joyfull: All that shouting hurt my eyes.

stretchsje

So they're cancelling the Star Wars fireworks in Nov-Dec right up until the night The Last Jedi debuts, which will coincide with an upcharge event I'm sure. Because there won't be any Star Wars hype leading up to the movie's release, I guess?!

As a bonus, they've slotted JBJB at 8pm while keeping Fantasmic at 8:30pm so that a guest cannot see both in the same night. Look, Hollywood Studios has so much to do, it's a two-day park!

trainplane3

As someone that's worked IT with a direct link to customers/clients/user-base, you are triggering me so hard right now. Actually, this is a great way to get on any IT persons bad side.

Disneyson

So they're cancelling the Star Wars fireworks in Nov-Dec right up until the night The Last Jedi debuts, which will coincide with an upcharge event I'm sure. Because there won't be any Star Wars hype leading up to the movie's release, I guess?!

As a bonus, they've slotted JBJB at 8pm while keeping Fantasmic at 8:30pm so that a guest cannot see both in the same night. Look, Hollywood Studios has so much to do, it's a two-day park!

I think you could probably do both, assuming Fantasmic doesn't fill up. There's 15 minutes between the end of JBJB and the beginning of Fantasmic, so you could go see it in theory. But the real question is why would you want to see JBJB?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom