Halloween in DCA

Ismael Flores

Didn't WDI or TDA at one time have an idea for a Screaming overlay?

I wonder if they could completely cover the two sounds tubes and add a special effect for Halloween

Suspirian

Didn't WDI or TDA at one time have an idea for a Screaming overlay?

I wonder if they could completely cover the two sounds tubes and add a special effect for Halloween

There was a rumor a while ago around the time when the DCA improvements were announced that it was getting a villains overlay. Not sure if it was credible or not

Ismael Flores

There was a rumor a while ago around the time when the DCA improvements were announced that it was getting a villains overlay. Not sure if it was credible or not

Yes I remember, but It was more than a rumor. When TDA and Burbank where in the mood to get guests involved in the DCA change and opened up the preview center they also released several conceptual ideas and a couple showed a Pier themed to villain characters and another themed to an all toy story theme.

I remember really loving the original idea for the northern side of the Pier which included a tiered viewing area with lots of rockwork and tidel pools down at water level. Those pools would have been a water play area during day and standing viewing at night.
That's when Mermaid was going to be located where goofy skyscool is and would have been themed as a seaside cliff with water running down from it and a stream going under the parade route and connecting to the rockwork by the bay

Suspirian

If there can be a Little Mermaid and Marvel funny book space ride in DCA, there can be a Nightmare Before Christmas ride. You all know where I'm going with this.

There was a post on TheNeverlandFiles (RIP) about a spookhouse like attraction themed to NBC for Paradise Pier. I miss that site

Curious Constance

Might as well do that. They sell the merchandise all year round and if it's as popular as everyone claims and they're trying to draw more people to DCA, there you go.

That's actually not a bad idea. The NBC IP does seem crazy popular after 20 years!!!!. I bet a ride themed to this all year would always do well. Half the merchandise at the resort seems related to NBC already, so it must sell well. Then the Haunted Mansion could avoid all the down time, and you don't need to miss the regular version if you come to the park from August through January.

George Lucas on a Bench

Holiday crowds during non-holiday times this year with massive lines for Haunted Mansion have proven that the classic version is still mega popular as long as Disneyland is really packing them in. I feel bad for the cast members trying to manage the lines wrapping around that fountain and constantly having to tell people to keep moving. Stupid guests.

kibia16

Here is a picture of what Cars Land would look like during halloween:

DE0A-C_WsAE2md6.jpg

kibia16

Disneyland's Website has some details about what will be coming to DCA along with this image of the front entrance:

halloween-time-entrance-halloween-16x9.jpg

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Grim, Grinning Good Times!
Spell-ebrate this happily haunted season with supernaturally special events that go eek in the night!

Break out your broomsticks! From September 15 through October 31, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park will host Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, a park-to-park spooktacular brimming with some of Disney’s best moonlit magic. Boys and ghouls of all ages will find fiendishly themed attractions, ear-ily awesome entertainment and villain encounters that’ll wake the dread!

NEW! Halloween Happenings at Disney California Adventure Park

As Halloween Time falls upon the Disneyland Resort, Oogie Boogie has risen from the shadows to take over Disney California Adventure Park.
  • Demanding that Halloween lasts forever, Oogie Boogie’s oversized silhouette beckons Guests through the Main Entrance as thousands of bats cover the night sky.
  • Heed the Headless Horseman statue… its menacing presence on Buena Vista Street is simply spine-chilling.
  • Hold onto your hats as swarms of black bats coil ‘round Carthay Circle’s Bell Tower
  • Get revved as Radiator Springs transforms into Radiator Screams with a happy Hallo-theme all over Cars Land!
  • Bump into your fave Cars’ characters as they strike a pose in hilarious Halloween cars-tumes—see super hero Lightning, van-pire Mater and more!
  • Go for a spellbinding spin on Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree—both are decked out with new howliday-themed music and décor!
Halloween Happenings at Disneyland Park
  • Hop a broom and head to the Haunted Mansion Holiday, a Halloween Town fantasy featuring Pumpkin King Jack Skellington and the crypt-astic cast of characters from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.
  • Take a fright flight into the unknown while dodging scary monsters and super-creepy, super-freaky phantasms on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy!
  • Show some jack-o-lantern love with a stroll through our annual Main Street, U.S.A. Pumpkin Festival, a dreadfully delicious display of one-of-a-kind, hand-carved pumpkins!
  • Experience a traditional Dia de los Muertosskeleton display, face painting and deliciously spirited Mexican treats in Frontierland.
  • Rock the shock factor! Guests of the Disneyland Resort hotel can order an In-Room Celebrationreplete with startling surprises, gory goodies and tomb-tastic treats.
  • Want even more ghastly glory? Rattle your bones on Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour, a lively, chills-n-thrills adventure through Disneyland Park—separate admission charges apply.
Stay tuned for more wickedly wonderful details sure to have you howling at the moon!

SoManyWasps

Wanted to put this out there for anyone who was looking to score Halloween Party tickets who isn't also an annual passholder or Disney Visa memeber- when I spoke to Guest Support last night they said that tickets would be released to the general public at 7AM PST Monday. They also said that they did not anticipate an earlier online release, so unless something changes between now and then 7AM PST/10 AM EST will be the official release.

GiveMeTheMusic

So nothing this year? No Halloween fireworks at all? I guess at least DL won't lose night entertainment on Friday nights during the party this year.

The party's not moving to DCA this year, so Halloween Screams will be shown to partygoers in DL. Right now the plan is DCA parties in 2018 with a Halloween WOC show. I don't know if Screams would remain for the public at DL at all or not.

George Lucas on a Bench

"Hop a broom" to Haunted Mansion? They're confusing The Haunted Mansion with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. That's where the wizards and witches dwell.

So they're making the entrance to DCA Nightmare Before Christmas themed, but leaving the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay in DL to ruin The Haunted Mansion for another 5 months?

giphy.gif

mikenatcity1

The party's not moving to DCA this year, so Halloween Screams will be shown to partygoers in DL. Right now the plan is DCA parties in 2018 with a Halloween WOC show. I don't know if Screams would remain for the public at DL at all or not.

Am I reading correctly that the Halloween parties could move to DCA in 2018? That sounds interesting- I wonder what they will do for that...any thoughts about what will happen at DL during the parties or if there will be another event?

GiveMeTheMusic

Am I reading correctly that the Halloween parties could move to DCA in 2018? That sounds interesting- I wonder what they will do for that...any thoughts about what will happen at DL during the parties or if there will be another event?

The parties are moving to DCA in 2018, it has already been decided. With Star Wars opening, everything that can be shifted to DCA will be shifted to DCA, so don't expect any new Halloween offerings in DL to take the place of the moved parties. The point is to relieve DL.

Professortango1

That's actually not a bad idea. The NBC IP does seem crazy popular after 20 years!!!!. I bet a ride themed to this all year would always do well. Half the merchandise at the resort seems related to NBC already, so it must sell well. Then the Haunted Mansion could avoid all the down time, and you don't need to miss the regular version if you come to the park from August through January.

I don't see Disney spending the money to create a brand new attraction for NBC since they already have a NBC attraction 5 months a year. It would make no sense to spend the billions on a new ride based upon the same property. Plus, then they would/should need to come up with a new Halloween plussing package for HM as the regular version doesn't have a fun Halloween punch.

I would have loved to see a NBC attraction, but after the bombastic success of HMH, it doesn't seem likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom