1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Halloween in DCA

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by SSG, Jun 27, 2017.

1. SSG

SSG Well-Known Member

The latest MiceChat rumor update says TDA is trying to make DCA the Halloween park. With that in mind, ride overlays are planned

And that brings us to the plans for this fall, when the attention turns back to DCA. In an attempt to move as many seasonal offerings out of Disneyland and over to DCA before Star Wars Land opens in 2019, the Halloween season will begin a two-year project to shift focus from Disneyland to DCA. The first phase of that plan arrives this September, when two new Halloween overlays arrive at DCA’s most popular E Ticket attractions.

A Halloween overlay is already being planned for Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, using a “lights out” segment of the ride that was popular during Tower of Terror’s Late Check-Out gimmick last fall. The Mission: BREAKOUT! pre-show and on-ride experience itself will all be changed for this spookier Halloween overlay, with a new song and new effects, which is quite a bold move by TDA considering this already wildly popular E Ticket only opened in May.

DCA’s second Halloween overlay is being planned for Radiator Springs Racers, where the concept has the Cars characters donning Halloween costumes as they get ready to go Trick or Treating instead of preparing for Race Day.

Texas84 and TP2000 like this.
  2. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Well-Known Member

I've got one for them!

3. SSG

SSG Well-Known Member Original Poster

Look for this:

Cars Halloween.jpg

Dr. Hans Reinhardt and Bacon like this.
  4. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Does that mean the Haunted Mansion won't be Jacked-up anymore?

Dr. Hans Reinhardt likes this.
  5. Professortango1

Professortango1 Well-Known Member

Hope not. Love the HMH and it is still one of the most popular attractions around.

Mission BO in the dark sounds pretty similar to what we have considering the visuals are already second to the physical thrills of the ride.

GRR could easily be overlayed with Hook's Pirate Barges. Soarin is a simple retheme with just a new film and new movement program uploaded. Midway Mania is just as easy to layover. They just need to put in some mazes like Hong Kong Disneyland does, then they would get my money.

Kram Sacul and JoFu like this.
  6. JoFu

JoFu Premium Member

I would hope not on HM as well, I really enjoy the overlay and it applies to both Halloween and Christmas.

Angel Ariel and Professortango1 like this.
  7. Antaundra

Antaundra Well-Known Member

I would love it if haunted mansion stayed classic mansion for Halloween, but got the overlay for Christmas. I ride HMH once a season then I'm bored with it and want classic mansion back. Unfortunately, as it is HMH garners an insanely long wait if they shortened the time in which they offered the overlay the wait would become unbearable.

8. Professortango1

Professortango1 Well-Known Member

It'd be weird to go back to the Mansion not celebrating Halloween. That's the one holiday it should be plussed.

9. britain

britain Well-Known Member

You gotta believe Peter would have "Thriller" on his mixtape.

And I'm sure MJ would have been down with that. I don't know about MJ's estate...

Professortango1 likes this.
  10. Nothsa

Nothsa Well-Known Member

A disney villains maze would be really cool. Between the live action remakes, POTC, and Marvel they have tons of other properties that could be used as well.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  11. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

Interesting, would absolutely be fine seeing DCA take back the Halloween parties though I wish they would be for the rock bottom prices we paid the first couple of years. Not sold on the Racers overlay but will reserve judgement until I see it.

12. deix15x8

deix15x8 Active Member

If the Halloween Parties are moved over to DCA would they have a special Halloween World of Color and no more fireworks, or would the parties get a rare DCA firework fountain show?

13. Ismael Flores

Ismael Flores Well-Known Member

They have two huge large buildings in Hollywood backlot that will be there for a while. They should use them for mazes similar to Hong Kong. They also have the wasteful backlot stage that can be used for a Halloween daytime family friendly show.
    At night they can turn the Hollywood backlot into a Monster Mash. Obviously they can't use universal monsters so just have lots of Disney villains and turn the area Into another one of their popular night clubs themed to Halloween.

Another great place for a maze could be the unused maliboomer pad as well. Great way to see how guests react to a maze that eventually could be turned into a real darkride

14. Nothsa

Nothsa Well-Known Member

The article says that will happen come fall 2018

15. Twilight_Roxas

Twilight_Roxas Well-Known Member

They could also do a maze based off Something Wicked This Way Comes.

16. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

I want to see them re-theme King Triton's carousel to that movie. It can go backwards or forwards....

[​IMG]

17. Twilight_Roxas

As for a maze version of the film?

18. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Or in general. It would fit into the area much better.

19. Twilight_Roxas

Another good maze for Grizzly Peak would be Freeform's Dead of Summer sadly that show was cancelled last year after one season.

20. DisneyIrishGuy

DisneyIrishGuy Well-Known Member

I know that most of us on here (or at least should be) are all adults. But do we really think Disney is going to go the Universal or Six Flag route to a more screamfest style Halloween party? I mean I'm all for it, but it would really move it from a family friendly G rated trick-o-treat thing to a TV-14+ thing.

So besides a GotG dark out and the RSR retheme, I wouldn't see them doing much more than what was at DL previously.