Halloween in DCA

Professortango1

"Hop a broom" to Haunted Mansion? They're confusing The Haunted Mansion with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. That's where the wizards and witches dwell.

So they're making the entrance to DCA Nightmare Before Christmas themed, but leaving the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay in DL to ruin The Haunted Mansion for another 5 months?

giphy.gif

There are witches in The Nightmare Before Christmas and in the Haunted Mansion Holiday. The copy might not work with regular Mansion, but it fits the attraction they're advertising perfectly.

And of course they're keeping HMH; the layover is incredibly popular and adds a wonderful Halloween feeling to the regular attraction. So well done!

George Lucas on a Bench

Several have fallen into disrepair. All year. The little "prisoner" guy at the end before the crypt has been missing for at least 8 months. Did they lose him in the Disney warehouse?

Animaniac93-98

"This final year for Halloween’s trick or treat parties at Disneyland will also bring a more kid-friendly mood to the parade and park vibe, after many parents complained last year that the plussed up parade was too dark and scary for their little ones." - MiceChat

I watched a video of the parade from last year, and I didn't see anything that looked like it would really frighten children.

I'm disappointed Disney would take any such complaints seriously.

VJ

There's no reason to believe anything like it will ever happen at DLR.
With all the uber-cheaply-done Chapek-mandated upcharges... is it really that much of a stretch? I've lost nearly every ounce of faith I had in Disneyland after these past couple months, and they just keep coming.

George Lucas on a Bench

What parents are complaining about a Disney parade frightening their precious babies? Too dark and scary? That would be the supposedly scared little tykes once they come of age. The Disneyland crowd typically doesn't seem to have any morals. It must be all the overpriviliged wealthy white people complaining about this stuff.

mikenatcity1

The parties are moving to DCA in 2018, it has already been decided. With Star Wars opening, everything that can be shifted to DCA will be shifted to DCA, so don't expect any new Halloween offerings in DL to take the place of the moved parties. The point is to relieve DL.

That makes sense; it makes me sad, but makes sense. Thank you! I'm especially glad that i'm going this year now (not planned originally, but am there for the first Halloween Party).

SSG

Original Poster
Help #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark During Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort
6bec039aaf4e2d98366f670c73910a4f

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Rocket needs your help to #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark — part of the expansion of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort to Disney California Adventure park!

Your adventure picks up moments after the events of the popular Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction. The Guardians have successfully escaped The Collector’s Fortress, but they have accidentally left Groot behind! Rocket enlists you to distract the creatures that have been released so he can find and rescue his little buddy. While The Collector’s ever-resourceful assistant, Apheta, may try to assure you that it is all just a momentary setback, we advise you to proceed with caution!

Once the sun sets each evening during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will transform into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. Music continues to be at the heart of the experience, and an all-new song, “Monsters After Dark,” was created especially for this attraction by Tyler Bates, composer of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.

Help #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, only during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, September 15-October 31!

TROR

Help #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark During Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort
6bec039aaf4e2d98366f670c73910a4f

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

Rocket needs your help to #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark — part of the expansion of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort to Disney California Adventure park!

Your adventure picks up moments after the events of the popular Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction. The Guardians have successfully escaped The Collector’s Fortress, but they have accidentally left Groot behind! Rocket enlists you to distract the creatures that have been released so he can find and rescue his little buddy. While The Collector’s ever-resourceful assistant, Apheta, may try to assure you that it is all just a momentary setback, we advise you to proceed with caution!

Once the sun sets each evening during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will transform into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. Music continues to be at the heart of the experience, and an all-new song, “Monsters After Dark,” was created especially for this attraction by Tyler Bates, composer of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.

Help #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, only during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, September 15-October 31!

You know an attraction isn't too popular when they already are overlaying it a few months after opening...

This really shows just how short sighted current management is. You have the absolute most Halloween centric attraction in Tower of Terror, then they remove that, and NOW they're bringing over Halloween time to DCA and giving a Halloween overlay to the attraction that replaced Tower of Terror.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

It's obvious it was designed with overlays. It seems highly unlikely they just came up with the idea to alter it in time for Halloween. The future of attractions? All they have to do is play a different audio track and show a different clip. Doesn't require much effort at all, does it? And they can advertise it as a different versions because it technically is.

TROR

I would like to see a Halloween version of Soarin' where you travel over spooky places like Transylvania and Nara Dreamland in archival footage.
Same but would rather see one for Christmas than Halloween, personally. Flying over New York and other cities and towns when they're all covered in snow would be lovely.

SoManyWasps

You know an attraction isn't too popular when they already are overlaying it a few months after opening...

This really shows just how short sighted current management is. You have the absolute most Halloween centric attraction in Tower of Terror, then they remove that, and NOW they're bringing over Halloween time to DCA and giving a Halloween overlay to the attraction that replaced Tower of Terror.
I don't think short sighted is the proper label here. This is an attempt to have their cake and eat it too. Killing the Twilight Zone theme created a gap during the Halloween season, so they used the built in ability to change/update the ride in a short turn around to address the problem the new ride theme created.

I don't think anyone would complain if this was more akin to the Dinosaur/Indiana Jones situation. If the ToT ride system was just now being ported to CA with the intent to have this type of seasonal functionality, people would be much happier. But killing a beloved theme in the Twilight Zone has really put a damper on what is otherwise an objectively good idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom