One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 3

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 11
--WDW Resort TV--

We've turned on our TVs and our stop is - the Disney Resort TV channels! (thanks to @nelsonj3 and ResortTV1 channel on YouTube for all these great old resort tv uploads in excellent quality)

When you stay at a Disney Resort, you receive a variety of Disney TV stations, which are on anytime we are in the room (no actual tv channels -- keeps the magic feeling!) I really used to enjoy the Top 7 must sees in the 2000s which chronicled the best things to see in WDW in a countdown format (and as a kid it was fun to try and hit them all in one trip)

In 1-3 Sentences, your task will be to make a new Resort TV Top 7 Must-See show for the WDW Resort TV, with your own Top 7 Must-Sees list!

Now, being subjective - I'm not going to judge this one. If you complete it, you get an automatic gold medal. To add a bit of variety to this challenge, we'll have a bonus to the prompt as well!

In 1-3 sentences, you'll be tasked with designing a brand new Disney Resort TV station, in addition to the current lineup! If there's a topic you think isn't covered enough on the WDW Resort TV - make a channel for it

A custom sketch of the designs are optional and aren't necessary (though if you can - more power to you!)

This project will be due Sunday August 6th at 9PM EST

As always have fun and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :)

Last edited:

Sephirenn

Getting me with Horizons here. In order to fit in the Laugh Floor space -- I was able to go back to the 90s and recreate it with bad Photoshop skills lol -- it would definitely need some remodeling, take out Buzz and Laugh floor while expanding into the parking lot but still doable.
hori.jpg

It would also be probably the perfect sister attraction the Carousel of Progress next door (seeing as it kinda already was a sequel to the attraction)

Oh man you called me out on the spacing issue :)

Sephirenn

Welcome to your Top 7 Must-See WDW Immersion attractions list brought to you by Sephirenn!

7) Splash Mountain - With a decent ride time and a fun queue, get immersed in this backwoods adventure!; 6) Polynesian Resort Tiki Bar and Ohana - Sit down for a pineapple full of rum, and then eat all you can while being immersed in island culture; 5) World of Pandora - The land itself may have nice sites, but you'll really be pulled into the experience when you ride either of the two fantastic attractions; 4) Disney's Boardwalk - Get transported to the past in this throwback to golden times, eat some food, play some games, and swim in some amazing pools!; 3) Space Mountain - Waiting in line has never been so invigorating, as you wait you travel through this space station's tunnels and listen to the music that will forever trigger your nostalgia bones!; 2) Living With the Land - Who knew that this attraction, tucked away in the Land Pavilion, could transport you to so many places, including backstage!; 1) The Peoplemover - Get immersed in the idea of tomorrow, sprinkled with easter eggs and even a view into Walt's vision of tomorrow!

Sephirenn

Coming soon to a Disney Resort TV near you, it's Nostalgia TV! This new channel displays a rotating clip repository of around 50 five minute shows, each one subtly tying into one of the many attractions at Walt Disney World.

Here are a few: Cruisin' Around - A biography about the first person to trek through the path guests take on the Jungle Cruise, and the mysteries surrounding their disappearance; Zero Dawn - An old-school black and white instructional video about living in the future (with many references to scenes from Horizons); Bones for Me - A kids cartoon about a dinosaur made of bones, and his final resting place (which guests can see in the Boneyard at AK); Forward to the Past - A short sitcom about a group of friends and their efforts to preserve a drive-in movie theater (now the Sci-Fi Diner).

D Hulk

THE TOP 7 RIDES YOU CAN ONLY FIND AT DISNEY WORLD
7. PeopleMover - The only remaining version of this Walt Disney classic carries guests on a serene sightseeing tour over Tomorrowland.

6. Frozen Ever After - Let it go on this family friendly boat ride through Arendelle with Elsa, Anna and Olaf.

5. Aerophile - Found exclusively in Disney Springs is this unique hot air balloon ride offering breathtaking resort sights.

4. Kilimanjaro Safaris - Taking full advantage of the "blessing of size" is a ride larger than some entire Disney Resorts, which recreates a wild African safari.

3. Crush 'n' Gusher - Typhoon Lagoon's signature water coaster carries your raft on a wild adventure through twists, spills, even uphill.

2. Spaceship Earth - Found in Epcot's iconic sphere is this old school omnimover playfully carrying guests through the history of communication.

1. Flights of Passage - Enter Pandora, the world of Avatar, on the back of a flying banshee and fly like never before over an alien landscape.

full

JOURNEY INTO IMAGINEERING

The latest station on Disney Resort TV is "Journey into Imagineering," taking viewers on a journey behind the scenes to learn the secrets and artistry of how Disney Imagineering creates all their wonderful sights and attractions.

Covering not just Disney World, but the whole wide world of Disney Parks, "Journey into Imagineering" exposes viewers to a magical creative thought process.

Modern marvels are featured, but so are beloved classics such as Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean, meaning there's always something new to learn!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
*Brief announcement

Challenge 12 will be the final prompt of Episode 3 -- with summer over the half-way point, school beginning in a few weeks for many of our members, and the bigger comps winding down to the finish line with their last projects - this seems like the perfect time to stop while we are ahead!

It'll be a fun-filled finale! Followed by an awards ceremony, and an opportunity to host Episode 4 if one so chooses!

AceAstro

My WDW top-7
1. The PeopleMover
- This attraction is a slightly underrated attraction but I don't know why. You get amazing views of Tomorrowland as well as it is the only way to see the original Progress City model.
2. Visit a Water Park - Disney has themed water parks for a reason. And they are beautiful because of it! I personally prefer Typhoon Lagoon but both are great!
3. Visit an AA restaurant - Whether it be Rainforest Cafe or T-rex, these AA restaurants are always a great show, always have good food, and just a great environment for the whole family
4. Stop at every location on the World Showcase - Every country in the World Showcase is there for a reason. There will, of course, be countries people prefer for different reasons but you should still visit every country at least once on your trip!
5. Do Kilimanjaro Safaris - Lots skip it thinking that it will be a cliche Disney ride which is a real shame as I think it is truly a beautiful ride with a great look at some amazing animals that you may never see otherwise!
6. See Fantasmic! - While it is not as good as its Disneyland counterpart, Fantasmic! is still a beautiful show with a great message and a great soundtrack! It is a show that can't be missed on your trip!
7. Do character M&G's - These characters go through a lot of training to make sure it seems like they are the real deal so why not take some time out of your day to go and visit some of the classic princesses, or Mickey Mouse, or any of the other characters to really make the trip complete.​

AceAstro

Sing-Along-Songs TV
latest

Inspired by the classic VHS's of the late 1990's, tune on Sing-Along-Songs TV to find all your favourite Disney movie, and Park songs all with the lyrics down below! This channel is a great way to have your children watch while you are getting ready for the park that day as then they know all the words to their favourite songs that they could then hear later on in the day!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
For reviews!
Coming soon to a Disney Resort TV near you, it's Nostalgia TV! This new channel displays a rotating clip repository of around 50 five minute shows, each one subtly tying into one of the many attractions at Walt Disney World.

Here are a few: Cruisin' Around - A biography about the first person to trek through the path guests take on the Jungle Cruise, and the mysteries surrounding their disappearance; Zero Dawn - An old-school black and white instructional video about living in the future (with many references to scenes from Horizons); Bones for Me - A kids cartoon about a dinosaur made of bones, and his final resting place (which guests can see in the Boneyard at AK); Forward to the Past - A short sitcom about a group of friends and their efforts to preserve a drive-in movie theater (now the Sci-Fi Diner).
I like how this channel represents aspects that are told in Disney parks - but in a unique way that actually adds to the experiences too! I would be interested in seeing this!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

full

JOURNEY INTO IMAGINEERING

The latest station on Disney Resort TV is "Journey into Imagineering," taking viewers on a journey behind the scenes to learn the secrets and artistry of how Disney Imagineering creates all their wonderful sights and attractions.

Covering not just Disney World, but the whole wide world of Disney Parks, "Journey into Imagineering" exposes viewers to a magical creative thought process.

Modern marvels are featured, but so are beloved classics such as Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean, meaning there's always something new to learn!
An inspired choice and one that I'm wondering if people around here would be able to turn off in time to go to the parks! Haha As I'm sure everyone here does, I enjoy the creative process and watching the Modern Marvel shows on the History Channel (call back to last round perhaps? ) among others. Having them all in once centralized location only adds to the magic down in WDW!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Sing-Along-Songs TV
latest

Inspired by the classic VHS's of the late 1990's, tune on Sing-Along-Songs TV to find all your favourite Disney movie, and Park songs all with the lyrics down below! This channel is a great way to have your children watch while you are getting ready for the park that day as then they know all the words to their favourite songs that they could then hear later on in the day!​
I'm surprised this isn't already a channel! I could see this being very popular with kids and such (if they could get their attention off their ipads) Ok I sound old saying that...:p

Maybe for an additional bonus it could have song trivia questions and such? Maybe a bedtime story for kids? That would be a good channel particularly for young kids.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Medal Leaderboard
(through Challenge 11)
091-poca-l.jpg

FigmentPigments
5 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze

D Hindley
4 Gold, 6 Silver, 2 Bronze

Sephirenn

4 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze, 5 Honorable Mention

AceAstro
3 Gold, 1 Silver, 4 Bronze

Disney Dad 3000
2 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze

MA Screamin'
1 Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Honorable Mention

kmbmw777
1 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze, 1 Honorable Mention

Poe Dameron
1 Gold, 2 Honorable Mention

CreateDisney
1 Silver, 3 Honorable Mention

GotsFancyPants
1 Silver

Angels and Disney's
1 Bronze

Pionmycake
1 Bronze

StevenU
1 Honorable Mention

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 12
--National Geographic--
national-geographic.jpg

We've turned on our TVs for the final time and our stop is - the National Geographic channel!

For the final challenge, we will be visiting all 6 Disney Resort Destinations Around The World!
Walt Disney World Resort
Disneyland Resort
Tokyo Disney Resort
Disneyland Paris Resort
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
Shanghai Disneyland Resort

With up to 6 entries, in 1-3 Sentences each entry, your task will be add one attraction to a theme park within each resort.

As an added caveat - there are 6 options to choose from
- E-Ticket
- C-Ticket Boat Ride
- B-Ticket Mode of Transportation
- Parade
- Nighttime Fireworks Show
- Interactive Activity

If you so choose to do all 6 entries, you must select one of the options listed above and combine it with a resort above. Once the option has been selected it cannot be used for any more entries.

For example: If I want to add a parade to Shanghai, now the parade option and Shanghai resort are off the table, and I must select a different combination for future entries.

A custom sketch of the designs are optional and aren't necessary (though if you can - more power to you!)

This project will be due Sunday August 13th at 9PM EST

As always have fun and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom