One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 3

Sephirenn

HORIZONS: NEW DAWN

horizons-ryman.jpg

The single best attraction from Disney's past is back! With the renovation of Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom underway, this surprise new attraction will be placed in the area currently occupied by the Laugh Floor (with some considerable extension work). The twist to this refurbished attraction is that the Carousel of Progress is being updated with new seats in their theater, and once guests finish the "future" scene on that attraction, the seats break apart and seamlessly glide through a tunnel to merge into the new Horizons, creating a 2-in-1 attraction of Disney's past (guests can still just ride Horizons if they would like)!​

AceAstro

I am going to bring back the Skyway. But instead of being used as transportation within the park, I am going to make it a transportation system through different parks and hotel resorts.

uLHgpvh2hcclNkQyoOmYlSESTWV5G2Bjkr9mzVNaeoTaA_f5XUemtd9Lw0OOCBu3159nehnOMt_4Wh1Oa5--VHjd_M3_4edTtJFchZLskvikV3MtCph-Z_q_YmdBTci3j1ZY120M

Opening in time for 2026, I am bringing back America Sings for the US 250th year celebration! That being said, I want it to last longer than the previous version and actually make sense theming wise. That’s why I am putting the updated show in Liberty Square, replacing the Diamond Horseshoe.The show will be in a slightly smaller theatre than the original Disneyland theatre but the show will be updated with new songs for a new celebration with new Audio-Animatronics.

6s28mwGLR2LJK8F_S4u7FqwYBBt8ZkrsQl0XvUCxP_R1y0hDqkYG9fmk-iFY7v1zCOJNUJ7fvQRH5jaF1aJHqlgMg1lLRlMnWbh8BkyJSg1Of5-3poSG47_IRGFKLnG8gHA5JTFv

(Note: I took the Disneyland theatre and shrunk it slightly to show how it’ll all fit.)​

D Hulk

download

ALADDIN: A MUSICAL SPECTACULAR
Fresh off it's tremendously successful 14 year run at Disney California Adventure, the beloved hourlong Broadway-caliber stage show Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular relocates to The Magic Lamp Theatre at Tokyo DisneySea, a park known for its exceptional live shows.

The existing theater in Arabian Coast is expanded and plused to resemble the Sultan's palace, where Prince Aladdin and Princess Jasmine have invited guests for a magical retelling of their romantic adventure.

The old show is improved with next-gen screen and projection effects, immaculate sets, original songs from the actual Broadway production, and a reimagining of the show's scene-stealing Genie, whose ever-changing pop cultural improvisations (making each performance one-of-a-kind) now cater to the Japanese audience.

FigmentPigments

With the Main Street Electrical Parade scheduled to come to an end soon, Disneyland will need a new nighttime parade, and preferably one they have never seen before, so Disney has decided to bring a Disney World favorite across the country: SpectroMagic!
Lead-step.jpg

Not only was the music phenomenal and catchy, the parade celebrates classic Disney which Disneyland was famous for, and with a few upgrades like smoother AAs and led lights, this parade will shine again.

Get ready for pure enchantment to light the way in a special spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling 'round Disneyland at night.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride will be reborn at Disney's Hollywood Studios, as one of the headliner attractions of the new Animation Courtyard which will focus on classic Disney Animation. Other small dark rides such as Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland will also be moved to this area.
An inspired choice! Mr. Toad and its dual track has been missed sorely in the Magic Kingdom, but thankfully it still remains in Disneyland for nostalgic sake. I do appreciate the thought of transforming Animation Courtyard into a makeshift old Fantasyland - while unlikely, it would certainly be welcome by fans of classic Fantasyland style dark rides!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
HORIZONS: NEW DAWN

horizons-ryman.jpg

The single best attraction from Disney's past is back! With the renovation of Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom underway, this surprise new attraction will be placed in the area currently occupied by the Laugh Floor (with some considerable extension work). The twist to this refurbished attraction is that the Carousel of Progress is being updated with new seats in their theater, and once guests finish the "future" scene on that attraction, the seats break apart and seamlessly glide through a tunnel to merge into the new Horizons, creating a 2-in-1 attraction of Disney's past (guests can still just ride Horizons if they would like)!​
Getting me with Horizons here. In order to fit in the Laugh Floor space -- I was able to go back to the 90s and recreate it with bad Photoshop skills lol -- it would definitely need some remodeling, take out Buzz and Laugh floor while expanding into the parking lot but still doable.
hori.jpg

It would also be probably the perfect sister attraction the Carousel of Progress next door (seeing as it kinda already was a sequel to the attraction)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I am going to bring back the Skyway. But instead of being used as transportation within the park, I am going to make it a transportation system through different parks and hotel resorts.

uLHgpvh2hcclNkQyoOmYlSESTWV5G2Bjkr9mzVNaeoTaA_f5XUemtd9Lw0OOCBu3159nehnOMt_4Wh1Oa5--VHjd_M3_4edTtJFchZLskvikV3MtCph-Z_q_YmdBTci3j1ZY120M

Opening in time for 2026, I am bringing back America Sings for the US 250th year celebration! That being said, I want it to last longer than the previous version and actually make sense theming wise. That’s why I am putting the updated show in Liberty Square, replacing the Diamond Horseshoe.The show will be in a slightly smaller theatre than the original Disneyland theatre but the show will be updated with new songs for a new celebration with new Audio-Animatronics.

6s28mwGLR2LJK8F_S4u7FqwYBBt8ZkrsQl0XvUCxP_R1y0hDqkYG9fmk-iFY7v1zCOJNUJ7fvQRH5jaF1aJHqlgMg1lLRlMnWbh8BkyJSg1Of5-3poSG47_IRGFKLnG8gHA5JTFv

(Note: I took the Disneyland theatre and shrunk it slightly to show how it’ll all fit.)​
Nice pick with this for the 250th birthday of the US! I also think this is an excellent replacement for Diamond Horseshoe, as well as a counter part for Hall of Presidents and the flow of Liberty Square. Not much else to say about it - nice work!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
download

ALADDIN: A MUSICAL SPECTACULAR
Fresh off it's tremendously successful 14 year run at Disney California Adventure, the beloved hourlong Broadway-caliber stage show Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular relocates to The Magic Lamp Theatre at Tokyo DisneySea, a park known for its exceptional live shows.

The existing theater in Arabian Coast is expanded and plused to resemble the Sultan's palace, where Prince Aladdin and Princess Jasmine have invited guests for a magical retelling of their romantic adventure.

The old show is improved with next-gen screen and projection effects, immaculate sets, original songs from the actual Broadway production, and a reimagining of the show's scene-stealing Genie, whose ever-changing pop cultural improvisations (making each performance one-of-a-kind) now cater to the Japanese audience.
Definitely a fantastic placement in terms of theme and already pre-existing buildings. Tokyo Disney SEA just keeps getting better with this addition - I'm also a fan of the pop-culture improv specific to Japanese culture - very innovating, keeps it fresh, and doesn't rehash an American show for an international resort.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
With the Main Street Electrical Parade scheduled to come to an end soon, Disneyland will need a new nighttime parade, and preferably one they have never seen before, so Disney has decided to bring a Disney World favorite across the country: SpectroMagic!
Lead-step.jpg

Not only was the music phenomenal and catchy, the parade celebrates classic Disney which Disneyland was famous for, and with a few upgrades like smoother AAs and led lights, this parade will shine again.

Get ready for pure enchantment to light the way in a special spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling 'round Disneyland at night.
I'll be honest that I'm not a big parade fan (dodges flaming pitchforks), the only reason why I liked them was because it would lessen the lines on major attractions. However the one exception to that was SpectroMagic.

One of the best musical themes in all of Disney history if you ask me :bookworm: It would be a welcome addition to Disneyland which is already stocked with Fantasmic and World of Color (Disneyland gets all the good stuff) that's my only complaint...I'm thousands of miles away:hilarious:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Season 3 - Episode 3
Challenge 10
--History Channel Results--

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@Angels and Disney's

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@D Hindley @Sephirenn @FigmentPigments

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@AceAstro

Didn't even bother with the honorable mention this round, these were all too close both in quality and great choices for extinct attractions. The fondness for Mr. Toad, the thematic relevance of Aladdin, the connection made by Horizons, the nostalgia for SpectroMagic, and then our gold medal - a combination of thematic relevance, connection, and nostalgia in America Sings! entering Liberty Square.

Great round everyone - let's get onto Challenge 11!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Medal Leaderboard
(through Challenge 10)
091-poca-l.jpg

FigmentPigments
5 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Bronze

D Hindley
3 Gold, 5 Silver, 2 Bronze

Sephirenn

2 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze, 5 Honorable Mention

AceAstro
2 Gold, 1 Silver, 3 Bronze

Disney Dad 3000

2 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze

MA Screamin'
1 Gold, 1 Bronze, 2 Honorable Mention

kmbmw777
1 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze, 1 Honorable Mention

CreateDisney
1 Silver, 3 Honorable Mention

GotsFancyPants
1 Silver

Angels and Disney's
1 Bronze

Pionmycake
1 Bronze

Poe Dameron
2 Honorable Mention

StevenU
1 Honorable Mention

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom