News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Alex Parsons

Are we talking DCA quality shows here?
I'm hoping we prehaps get a shortened version of the Mary Poppins Musical or Prehaps a Saving Mr Banks play (with songs from the film) if they want to go a bit classier. Tangled would also be a great choice (I believe there were rumours that it would go to the parks if it did well on the Cruise Ships); I'd also love Pocahontas. Or prehaps Disney may go right back to their original roots and give us a Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty show? So many possibilities!

Maeryk

I'm hoping we prehaps get a shortened version of the Mary Poppins Musical or Prehaps a Saving Mr Banks play (with songs from the film) if they want to go a bit classier. Tangled would also be a great choice (I believe there were rumours that it would go to the parks if it did well on the Cruise Ships); I'd also love Pocahontas. Or prehaps Disney may go right back to their original roots and give us a Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty show? So many possibilities!

But actually we'll just get NEwsies and Power Rangers. :)

Next Big Thing

Lol at people who think Golden Mickeys is crap. It is better than any entertainment offering at WDW currently. I swear, sometimes I think people on these forums just shout to the void.
That's only because WDW shows suck.

We shouldn't settle for the Golden Mickeys when Disney has done so many better productions... just not at WDW.

huwar18

Of course, as there is no comparison. DCL has industry leading shows. Meanwhile WDW’s shows are as a whole outdated, or are not a full scale production. Definitely agree!

I completely agree! It amazes me when I look at the difference between DL and WDW. I am one that always said that Disneyland's productions are leaps and bounds ahead of WDW. I don't know if they just have a bigger talent pool than WDW.

EricsBiscuit

I completely agree! It amazes me when I look at the difference between DL and WDW. I am one that always said that Disneyland's productions are leaps and bounds ahead of WDW. I don't know if they just have a bigger talent pool than WDW.
Lol not leaps and bounds. Frozen is cool but I prefer Festival of the Lion King and Nemo to it. Not to mention our AA shows are amazing. HoP, AA, CBJ, MILF (terrible acronym!), MV3D etc. Mickey and the Magical Map was cool too, but not FotLK or Nemo.

Mike S

Lol not leaps and bounds. Frozen is cool but I prefer Festival of the Lion King and Nemo to it. Not to mention our AA shows are amazing. HoP, AA, CBJ, MILF (terrible acronym!), MV3D etc. Mickey and the Magical Map was cool too, but not FotLK or Nemo.
Those aren't AA shows though.

EricsBiscuit

Muppet vision has lots of AAs. My bad on MILF but it's still a great show. While we're here I'll throw in Tikki Room (which has a better pre show and more comfy seats than in DL) and PhillarMagic and the other Muppets show.

Edit: Waldorf and Statler are the best muppets

huwar18

I like Nemo and FotLK. They remind me of DL shows. Disneyland's live entertainment is so much better(IMO). The singers, musicians and dancers are unbelievable in DL. I think it might be because they are in CA.

Mike S

Muppet vision has lots of AAs. My bad on MILF but it's still a great show. While we're here I'll throw in Tikki Room (which has a better pre show and more comfy seats than in DL) and PhillarMagic and the other Muppets show.

Edit: Waldorf and Statler are the best muppets
The main focus isn't the AAs though and the other Muppet show is actual Muppet performers.

Kman101

It doesn't have to go away, they just have to use it less. Using it as much as the Fountain of Nations stage would be a good start.

So never :p (and believe me I'd be more than happy with that, but this theater is designed for broadway style shows, not the silly character fest that the stage in front of the castle puts on)

Amidala

I've never been to DL...was the Aladdin there anything resembling the Aladdin currently on Broadway? I've never seen a Broadway-style (or any 1+ hour) show in the parks, so I don't have any basis for comparison. I'll be pleased with anything they give me (within reason). I would love Frozen, but definitely think DHS's sing-along should be switched out for something else if a more fully realized Frozen show comes to MK. I enjoy Frozen (and even enjoy the sing-along) but two is pushing the limit, esp. during Christmas time when the Frozen castle show is running as well. I'd also love to see an original show from another park ported over, but am admittedly...kind of nervous about the prospects of an original show for WDW's 50th.

Definitely agree that it could be incredible, but could also very easily be a mess instead. It would be nice to have a well-liked, original show at WDW, though, since it seems generally agreed upon that DL has better entertainment.

Kman101

Having seen Aladdin at DCA and Aladdin on Broadway, Aladdin on Broadway is much longer, two hours, and expands on a few things. I really really enjoyed seeing it on Broadway. Incredibly well done. It's similar though in how the Aladdin show at DCA was done but on a much grander scale. The Genie is hilarious on Broadway and very similar to what was at DCA. Aladdin has a group of friends in the Broadway show (I don't recall this in the DCA version but I saw the DCA version 9 years ago ...) and it's just more expanded on. The DCA show is on Youtube. Some clips from Broadway are on YouTube but you're not supposed to take pictures or record Broadway shows.

Amidala

I've seen plenty of Broadway shows but the longest show I've seen at a Disney park is probably Fantasmic. Sounds like the shows at the new theater (and the ones at the Hyperion in DL) meet somewhere in the middle....which makes a lot of sense! I couldn't conceive of a Broadway-length show (with the associated budget) that didn't charge separate entry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom