News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They wouldn't announce it was coming unless they had a location.

Not necessarily true, they would obviously have locations in mind but might not have made the final decision at the time of announcement. With that said I can't imagine it going anywhere but on the land surrounding DHS between the major highways.

21stamps

And I hope there is an age minimum. Sorry-don't want a crying baby/or temper tantrum throwing toddler everywhere just because the family has money to burn. Not every thing has to be accessible to everyone ALL the time. Minimum 9 or 10 year old-can see this age loving it.

Like the "choose your own ending" books. More interactive-more paths you get to choose. Wonder if you would have to sign a "non disclosure" to prevent someone walking around with go pro camera all the time (gawd I hope so!!!!!)? Or that by signing on for this experience you are required to least do a minimum interaction to keep out the rich "I'm just along because I want to see what this is but I don't care to do anything at all to make the experience better for everyone" lookers?-again-I hope so.

yes

This is not for the casual SW fan. That is what SW:GE is for. Would we be having this discussion if it was built anywhere other than Disney?
Google top 20 biggest geek/comicon conventions. PLENTY of diehard cosplay/geeks around the world to keep this going for a long time.
Heard of the 501st Legion? or Rebel Legion?
If you have never been to a convention, then you really can't comprehend the world and the commitment people will make to do an immersive experience.

My husband saved his childhood MF and SW toys. Gave it to our son (oldest was more princess oriented and middle girl is ok with sW but way more into Harry Potter) a few years ago. So yes. My middle kid (14.5 year old girl) cosplayed at her first comicon this past spring. Got stopped quite a bit by fans asking for pics. She also writes science fiction-although her newest novel is historical fiction. She wants to see Dunkirk...

AMEN! Haven't set foot in "nemo" living seas. The need to be instantly recognizable and lazy vs actual thinking/immersion experience means something was lost. But hey-more easily hashtagged/instagrammed right ?

I wanted to LIVE on the Enterprise in TNG-I anticipate the new resort/360 experience is just like that-the residents of the ship had families, all adults had jobs, there was the bar (Ten-Forward)...there were story lines that didn't involve leaving the ship but had a problem to be solved...food available at all times, exercise classes...
I would be absolutely shocked if that ever happened.

I would be shocked if they put that kind of age limit. This is Disney.

I don't think they would build this in WDW if it was meant to keep kids away. Not sure if people realize how big Star Wars is with kids.
Have you see the amount of SW toys? Clothes? Room decor? Bedding? Shool backpacks, lunch boxes, pencil bags, notebooks..? Video Games? Disney Jr show? Last 2 movies with another one coming soon?

Sorry super geeks ;)
There are A LOT of kid fans.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't think they would build this in WDW if it was meant to keep kids away. Not sure if people realize how big Star Wars is with kids.
Have you see the amount of SW toys? Clothes? Room decor? Bedding? Shool backpacks, lunch boxes, pencil bags, notebooks..? Video Games? Disney Jr show? Last 2 movies with another one coming soon?

Sorry super geeks ;)

I agree, no way they put an age limit on this.

drizgirl

Sorry super geeks ;)
And lest they forget...... nearly everything Disney does in the Chapek age is about moving merchandise. No way there's an age limit unless it's something absurd like 2.

njDizFan

There will never be an age limit at this resort.

Where does Disney age-limit anything? The only one I can think of is Victoria and Alberts
I agree I don't think there will be an age limit, but I think they should and definitely could. Even if this is on WDW property this is a separate experience. Seeing kids in strollers and such I think will diminish the experience. And although Star Wars is marketed to preteens with merch and such the films are rated PG-13(the original trilogy was PG because that system didn't exist yet). I don't think a 6-7 year old is ready to watch Indy or SW yet.

21stamps

I agree I don't think there will be an age limit, but I think they should and definitely could. Even if this is on WDW property this is a separate experience. Seeing kids in strollers and such I think will diminish the experience. And although Star Wars is marketed to preteens with merch and such the films are rated PG-13(the original trilogy was PG because that system didn't exist yet). I don't think a 6-7 year old is ready to watch Indy or SW yet.

Millions of American parents will disagree with you. I'm super strict about what my kid watches, and I still took him to TFA on opening night.

Common Sense Media is my go-to.. check this out..

It's says age 10+ right?
IMG_2770.jpg

But here's the breakdown of "why"-
Only the violence.. but it's fantasy violence..look at the rest of the categories.

IMG_2771.PNG

And most of all, Disney is definitely maketing SW to kids under 10.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yeah, and they could put an age limit on Cinderella's Royal Table also, but they aren't going to. Disney has also been doing Star Wars TV shows aimed at a younger audience like Rebels and Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.

njDizFan

Yeah, and they could put an age limit on Cinderella's Royal Table also, but they aren't going to. Disney has also been doing Star Wars TV shows aimed at a younger audience like Rebels and Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures.
I certainly understand your point about the SW spin-off being for younger kids, but I don't see the correlation to CRT?

Lets Respect

Oh I think there will be quite a few strollers, especially since parents use them at WDW for even typical kids up to 10 years old.

The issue is that families are comprised of mixed ages. So let's say you have two kids who are the right age for the resort, and the little kiddo who is 2 years old. He'll be coming too ;)

njDizFan

Millions of American parents will disagree with you. I'm super strict about what my kid watches, and I still took him to TFA on opening night.

Common Sense Media is my go-to.. check this out..

It's says age 10+ right?
View attachment 217005

But here's the breakdown of "why"-
Only the violence.. but it's fantasy violence..look at the rest of the categories.

View attachment 217006

And most of all, Disney is definitely maketing SW to kids under 10.
I agree that the Common sense guide is a good tool, and I agree with their assessment that 10 YO is a good age. Obviously parents let their kids watch things that may or may not be appropriate based upon their own predilictions and opinion and that is their right. Just like in my opinion the SW franchise is designed for the 10 plus crowd. Based upon theme and subject matter alone. There's no need to rush kids into more adult themes only to keep up with other kids who have watched it or because as a parent you want to see it.

21stamps

I agree that the Common sense guide is a good tool, and I agree with their assessment that 10 YO is a good age. Obviously parents let their kids watch things that may or may not be appropriate based upon their own predilictions and opinion and that is their right. Just like in my opinion the SW franchise is designed for the 10 plus crowd. Based upon theme and subject matter alone. There's no need to rush kids into more adult themes only to keep up with other kids who have watched it or because as a parent you want to see it.

I'm asking this as a parent who didn't let my kid watch tv or movies before age 3.5 and has heavy parental controls on every tv and electronic device in our house- and the point of CSM is to break down the ratings/scenes/topics so the parent can decide (which is why I love it so much!)

What is inappropriate for a 7 year old with Star Wars?

But more importantly, how many 6-9 year olds, especially boys, do you think haven't seen SW? Do you think the ones who haven't seen it are the majority or minority?

Marvel (and all super hero movies) for instance is too violent/adult themes in my personal opinion, we don't watch the Marvel movies, but SW? It's so different to me, maybe because I grew up with it.

Last edited:

fngoofy

Really wouldn't know what other IP they could use for another's experience in Orlando.
Well, off the top of my head:
PotC: Behind Adventureland off Floridian Way.
Tomorrowland Theme: Behind the new Tron Coaster
GotG: behind the new ride in FutureWorld
Beauty and the Beast: Behind Be Our Guest
Haunted Mansion Them: (you guest it) Behind Haunted Mansion

Actually, they are putting in the new Mission Space restaurant, they could do an outer ring on that side of Future World and do a resort that blends from GotG into a revamped MS and have multiple themes but have it run as one resort infrastructure wise.

CaptainAmerica

Sorry super geeks ;)
There's no Star Wars show on Disney Junior. And Rogue One is very violent and earns its PG-13 rating.

Obviously Disney won't BAN children. That was a ridiculous suggestion by whomever brought it up. But I hope the experience is GEARED towards adults. The experiences and merchandise all need to be in-universe. Cheesy kiddie-specific activities will break immersion and hurt their ability to justify this as the ground-breaking experience they want it to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom