Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

trainplane3

The final nail in the coffin of Tony's WDI career was probably around D23 a few years ago. Iger presented him a Legend award and Tony (onstage in front of a large audience) looked directly at him and accused him of not bringing Dreamfinder back. That is what he was willing to say in public to the CEO himself while receiving an award in front of a huge public audience. It's clear that he views Iger as toxic, we can only imagine what they said to one another behind closed doors.

I was really surprised to see him do that. I could only imagine the words going through Igers head. Go to 6:25.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
All I can find about 'bodies' is a post by fordexplorer regarding Joe Rohde and his knowledge of bodies as well as "Christmas party photos".. I don't know what to make of this.

Then I'd posit you don't know much about life in a large corporation ANY large corporation not simply Disney, It's all about power and who has 'dirt' on who. Lots of big name imagineers were pushed out of Disney, Tony Baxter, Eddie Sotto just to name two. In the higher levels of corporate America the law of the jungle rules you are predator or prey unfortunately Tony and Eddie chose to be prey, Joe chose to be a predator.

When Iger leaves and the majority of his team goes with him, Joe Rohde will probably think about retiring as his 'Pearl Harbor File' will be next to useless on the NEXT management team.

Herbie

Then I'd posit you don't know much about life in a large corporation ANY large corporation not simply Disney, It's all about power and who has 'dirt' on who. Lots of big name imagineers were pushed out of Disney, Tony Baxter, Eddie Sotto just to name two. In the higher levels of corporate America the law of the jungle rules you are predator or prey unfortunately Tony and Eddie chose to be prey, Joe chose to be a predator.

When Iger leaves and the majority of his team goes with him, Joe Rohde will probably think about retiring as his 'Pearl Harbor File' will be next to useless on the NEXT management team.

Little simpleton, that's me. I pondered what dirt Joe could have.

lazyboy97o

Personally Tony Baxter's assertion that he made the pitch(es) is all the evidence I need. If you want more than a one time WDI VP saying so that's your issue as what does he have to gain seems he had more to lose, Yes he made enemies, The same one Joe Rohde has but unlike Joe Rohde Tony never struck me as politically savvy, as in knowing where the bodies are buried and periodically reminding his enemies of that knowledge.

As to who cut 7DMT from E-ticket to kiddie coaster, There will never be any proof but I suspect the same triumvirate who deep sixed the desperately needed Space Mountain refurb, I.e. Phil Holmes, Meg Crofton and Mike Coldglazier.
Seriously, just stop. You’re mixing around timelines and just tossing out names to seem like you know what you are talking about. Constantly making stuff up only hurts any criticism of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom