News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

What amazes me is that this kind of garbage is okay with Lasseter. The IPs he poured blood, sweat and tears into are largely reduced to carny rides. Toy Story Lands - all junk. This - junk. Maybe getting Cars Land was all he really cared about and the rest is just a paycheck.

And someone needs to tell him to try and keep the sauce to a minimum before going on stage at D23. Sad.

Do you happen to have any insight on if the Screamin overlay will be permanent, Mickeys fate on the Fun Wheel and if there are any plans to bring a dark ride to Pixar Pier?

D

Deleted member 107043

I agree. It's a pretty small shop. It would be nice if they just showed Pixar movies, shorts or previews in there kind of like the movie house on main street shows Mickey cartoons.

Are we certain the space behind, where the old parade warehouse is located, isn't going to be used?

D

Deleted member 107043

Or better yet, demolish it?

DLR has gotten the short end of the hotel stick. I'm sure there's a business explanation why, but 16 years after the DLR expansion opened and 26 years after it was first announced, the Disney hotel experience at DLR is pretty sad compared to every other Disney theme resort property.

EDIT - Just look at the Disney hotels announced this weekend:

Star Wars hotel at WDW (OMG!):

Image_WDW_Star-Wars-Themed-Resort-X3.jpg

Riviera Resort at WDW:
Image_DVC_Disney-Riviera-Resort-X3.jpg

Marvel redo of the Hotel New York at DLP:

Image_DLP_Hotel-New-York-Lobby-X3.jpg

Meanwhile, at Disneyland Resort:

pphlobby1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

thomas998

Disneyland has all of the good neighbor hotels around it that they work with...I can't see them making a value resort that directly competes with those...I wish they would! I would stay on property a lot more if they had value resort(s) :)
I don't know if I would ever stay in one again. We could only get a value on a trip to WDW one year and it was like staying in a Motel 6 only it cost more than a Holiday Inn. I think they only get away with the value scam in WDW because the parks are so far removed from offsite hotels. But with the Harvard Blvd hotels near by I can't see anyone in his right mind paying for a Disney version of value.

thomas998

DLR has gotten the short end of the hotel stick. I'm sure there's a business explanation why, but 16 years after the DLR expansion opened and 26 years after it was first announced, the Disney hotel experience at DLR is pretty sad compared to every other Disney theme resort property.

Riviera Resort at WDW:
Image_DVC_Disney-Riviera-Resort-X3.jpg

Marvel redo of the Hotel New York at DLP:

Image_DLP_Hotel-New-York-Lobby-X3.jpg

Meanwhile, at Disneyland Resort:

pphlobby1.jpg
Pretty much the only redo I noticed at DLR was the pool area... Otherwise I'm not sure I call a fiberglass statue much of a redo.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Just had another enjoyable stay at the PPH for the Expo (the new elevator system was a huge plus!). Anyway, I would imagine the easier option would be to just rename it with another beachy/boardwalk name but I would hope they retheme it.

britain

Miceage did mention a hyper-themed Star Wars wing to the new luxury hotel...

D

Deleted member 107043

Miceage did mention a hyper-themed Star Wars wing to the new luxury hotel...

That's exciting, but it still seems like crumbs compared the accommodations and amenities that other Disney resorts have.

I'm realizing now that in addition to no big Tomorrowland news/hints the lack of Disney Resort announcements is another surprise to me. No discussion about new hotels, the rumored Downtown Disney remodel, infrastructure upgrades, Eastern Gateway. Nothing. :bored:

alias8703

Are we certain the space behind, where the old parade warehouse is located, isn't going to be used?

Some of us have hoped that the warehouse space (and perhaps surrounding area) would be used for a show building to house an attraction that would be entered via the old Maliboomer pad.

There is CERTAINLY room for a MAJOR E-Ticket back there y'all.
Does anyone know what those buildings back there are besides the parade warehouse?
Disney is clearly willing to move these facilities off site for theme park development so I wouldn't say it's a wild idea. Certainly won't be opening along with the rest of Phase 1 but DEF could be a Phase 2 situation that would make it very worth it.
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 12.51.36 PM.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom