News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

D

Deleted member 107043

Hans, granny is back!!!!!

Yay. Just what we need.

original.gif

nevol

The issue, as I stated before, when you are starting specifics without confirmation then emotion set in, which turns into panic. You then have panic about ideas of which its unknown if it'll even come to light.

So sure, they can put some cutouts of Pixar characters in Screamin' and call it Pixars Wild Ride. Now you have some fan of Screamin' panicking that they are changing their favorite ride. All because someone threw an idea out there. This is how internet rumors get started.

But is it really any of our responsibilities if somebody misinterprets a comment in a general discussion as news? Internet rumors are inconsequential; it isn't like they lead to any consequence in the real world when we are discussing theme parks. Do we need to either not speak or preface any idea in a general discussion with a disclaimer that it isn't a press release? Or not comment at all until we get another press release? Then a fan community that has grown to connect users from all over the world with a community of people with similar interests in a space where they can speak about those interests is suddenly silenced because somebody might get too worked up.

I appreciate the "wait and see" mentality, but when you've been watching this company for 16 years, you don't just "wait and see." Did anybody think Mickey Fun Wheel would be put to rest in 2018 either in the general public or among the teams that worked on it at Disney? A full range of emotional reactions, good and bad is completely justifiable and can coexist. People are entitled to being excited outright, excited about the placemaking improvements but skeptical or apathetic to how the IP will be used, outright against it if they truly love something that much, etc.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But is it really any of our responsibilities if somebody misinterprets a comment in a general discussion as news? Internet rumors are inconsequential; it isn't like they lead to any consequence in the real world when we are discussing theme parks. Do we need to either not speak or preface any idea in a general discussion with a disclaimer that it isn't a press release? Or not comment at all until we get another press release? Then a fan community that has grown to connect users from all over the world with a community of people with similar interests in a space where they can speak about those interests is suddenly silenced because somebody might get too worked up.

Is it really hard to talk about a project without going into the specifics when so little is known? In the era of "Fake News" conspiracies, its really easy to go from a discussion of "hey this could happen" to "hey this is happening, I heard it from xyz".

nevol

Is it really hard to talk about a project without going into the specifics when so little is known? In the era of "Fake News" conspiracies, its really easy to go from a discussion of "hey this could happen" to "hey this is happening, I heard it from xyz".

When you are speaking about what is physical possible from an engineering standpoint, yes. I can tell you that the ride would not run at the same speeds if the cars were shorter. I can tell you that the ride envelope and support structure was not built with large incredipods or emotion balls in mind and thus neither is likely.

I can tell you that since they are sticking with a Pier theme, the roller coaster is the most iconic element of the manifestation theme of a Pier, and that if they were going to wrap the entire roller coaster in a show building, they would have named the land something different. I don't need to sit and wait for confirmation on any of that.

mickEblu

So the concept art's sign has a lamp on it if you squint yours eyes just right, therefore the wheel will have a giant lamp on it. Right.... <backs away slowly>

This is the same logic as that guy with the crazy hair on Ancient Aliens uses.

So I guess you just picked and chose what you wanted to see in my post?

Curious Constance

It's gonna be one of your posts about Bob...

If Bob had to release an official statement denying a rumor I started, I just can't even.

I'm always looking for that in, you know? This just might be it!

Unfortunately you need an ounce of credibility to get someone to trust you, I'm going to work on that.

Have I mentioned that I was a Girl Scout? I have a son in the talented and gifted program, and a daughter who wins best in everything she does.
Let's see what else? My boss recently told me I'm one of the best people she's ever hired, I'm well liked by my co-workers, got straight As in college. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'm credible AF.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

If Bob had to release an official statement denying a rumor I started, I just can't even.

I'm always looking for that in, you know? This just might be it!

Unfortunately you need an ounce of credibility to get someone to trust you, I'm going to work on that.

Have I mentioned that I was a Girl Scout? I have a son in the talented and gifted program, and a daughter who wins best in everything she does.
Let's see what else? My boss recently told me I'm one of the best people she's ever hired, I'm well liked by my co-workers, got straight As in college. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is I'm credible AF.

Are you Mary Poppins?

SSG

Let's see what else? My boss recently told me I'm one of the best people she's ever hired, I'm well liked by my co-workers, got straight As in college. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is I'm credible AF.

I'm sure all that will be cited in Bob's application for a restraining order.

mickEblu

I love how the wait-and-see crowd likes to interrupt casual, creative discussions to shame people for not being apathetic or optimistic enough, creating a pages of negative emotion-charged comments, while intending to eliminate said range of emotions.

I know right? I think I've mentioned on at least 3 posts how I don't think they would replace a giant Mickey with any ONE giant Pixar character and that they would probably add multiple smaller Pixar characters or just add characters to the gondolas. I think it's pretty safe to assume that if they Rename Mickeys Fun Wheel the Pixar Fun Wheel in the concept art in a land called Pixar Pier that they don't plan on keeping Mickey on it.

Anyway, it's dumb to retheme the park icon for this lame idea.

The more I think about it though, I think that keeping Mickeys face on the Fun Wheel is a strong possibility. It just wouldnt make any sense to retheme the park icon. But then again, a lot of things don't make sense.

Last edited:

nevol

I know right? I think I've mentioned on at least 3 posts how I don't think they would replace a giant Mickey with any ONE giant Pixar character and that would probably add multiple smaller Pixar characters or just add characters to the gondolas. I think it's pretty safe to assume that if they Rename Mickeys Fun Wheel the Pixar Fun Wheel in the concept art in a land called Pixar Pier that they don't plan on keeping Mickey on it.

shhhh. we should wait and see, child. There is no space for intelligent thought in the absence of a press release.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
When you are speaking about what is physical possible from an engineering standpoint, yes. I can tell you that the ride would not run at the same speeds if the cars were shorter. I can tell you that the ride envelope and support structure was not built with large incredipods or emotion balls in mind and thus neither is likely.

I can tell you that since they are sticking with a Pier theme, the roller coaster is the most iconic element of the manifestation theme of a Pier, and that if they were going to wrap the entire roller coaster in a show building, they would have named the land something different. I don't need to sit and wait for confirmation on any of that.

You are concentrating just about Screamin', I know that was what my post was originally about. But I'm speaking about the whole project. We don't know very many specifics right now. Everyone is throwing around these ideas of what could be. Someone picked up on this Incredible's idea for Screamin' and then it was taken for there.

What if they made absolutely no change to Screamin' at all? What if they just change the name without any physical changes? What if they paint the cars similar color to the characters? What if they call each train by a specific character name? What if in Phase Two of this project they reconfigure Screamin' completely? What if they decide Screamin' needs to be torn down and rebuilt as an indoor coaster?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I know right? I think I've mentioned on at least 3 posts how I don't think they would replace a giant Mickey with any ONE giant Pixar character and that would probably add multiple smaller Pixar characters or just add characters to the gondolas. I think it's pretty safe to assume that if they Rename Mickeys Fun Wheel the Pixar Fun Wheel in the concept art in a land called Pixar Pier that they don't plan on keeping Mickey on it.

I think you missed the post where someone mentioned if they kept Mickey on the outside facing the rest of DCA and put a Pixar character on inside facing the Pier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom