News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

mm121

Haha I used to eat there when I went to NYC, so cheesy. You used to ride spaceship simulator to enter restaurant.

i only vaguely recall my experience at the chicago one since i was a teen,

it was totally cheesy, but definitely different

dont recall anything about the food, though dont recall it being "from mars"

AndyS2992

Hopefully the food matches the theming
I hope so..
DEuArL_VoAA1vV4.jpg

:hungry:

Kamikaze

There's that but if they were really going for realism then they'd have to incorporate zero gravity in the restaurant too. :p Now that would be something worth visiting for.

If you're going to make the jump that we have the technology to dine in space, you're making the jump that we can create artificial gravity. (Which isn't that difficult to accomplish, all things considered.)

cindy_k

The concept art reminds me of the Coral Reef restaurant with space instead of sea.

Also that walkway between Mission:Space and Test Track is going to be even more crowded than it is now. I hope they look at guest flow there.

Maeryk

Thanks - had obviously missed seeing that - appreciate it. I have never once set foot onto Mission: SPACE out of protest that Horizons was removed, but I am looking forward to the Space restaurant. :)

Horizons had a massive sinkhole under it. It was getting removed, one way or another. (This has been confirmed by a certain military/sci fi author whose father was a concrete engineer, did a lot of work for the original MK/resorts build, was probably one of the most knowlegeable people in the world on dealing with Florida's tricky substrate, and was NOT consulted for Epcot.. till it came to fixing the problem that developed under Horizons.)

Maeryk

I'm curious what sort of menu this will have. The idea is great (and I love that it connects to the pavilion, which was originally supposed to have more to do there anyways), but I have no idea what 'Space Food' would be.

Maybe have a menu based on all the cool, unique stuff at LWTL and call it futuristic food?

Tang and freeze dried ice cream.. for only 84$ a plate, on the food plan. ;P

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Horizons had a massive sinkhole under it. It was getting removed, one way or another. (This has been confirmed by a certain military/sci fi author whose father was a concrete engineer, did a lot of work for the original MK/resorts build, was probably one of the most knowlegeable people in the world on dealing with Florida's tricky substrate, and was NOT consulted for Epcot.. till it came to fixing the problem that developed under Horizons.)

I believe that is a myth.

Maeryk

I believe that is a myth.

Like I said.. confirmed by the guy whose Dad built quite a bit there, as well a going back to fix that later. Not a myth. People like to believe it's a myth, because they will find any excuse to believe Disney lied when they bring down a pretty cheesy ride and replace it with something else, but it's true. And the guy has absolutely no loyalty to Disney or reason to be disingenuous about it.

Interestingly.. the only reason _I_ found out about it was a very long article said author wrote about the spillway that was failing in California, and discussed some other places that had had notable problems.. Horizons being one of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom