News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

CaptainAmerica

Here is how I imagine the concept will work:

The hotel is a starship and you book a "cruise" from Earth to the Galaxy's Edge. When you "arrive" you experience the spaceport there and then reboard the "ship" for your return home. It would be a three or four day experience where you are completely immersed in the Star Wars universe and the staff of the "ship" remain in character throughout.

They are already setting up the Galaxy's Edge part of the park as sort of a Star Wars rennaisance festival where the cast members are in character the whole time — this is an extreme extension of that.

It would be great if you excursion to Galaxy's Edge was somehow exclusive to the guests on your "cruise" but I am not sure how they would manage that around the general public demand to be in the new section of DHS. Would extra magic hours allow for enough time for the "cruise" guests to experience the space port? Will the "cruise" guests feel slighted that they have to share the space port with regular guests? Will the rest of the park be open to "cruise" guests during their excursion (it would detract from the Star Wars immersion)?
I don't think it's a cruise. The concept art clearly indicates that this is a military ship.

CinematicFusion

I must admit this is not an appealing vacation concept for me, but I do understand why others would be excited.

Best I can figure, people will live out a fairly self-contained vacation within the hotel for at least a portion of their time which, presumably, doesn't involve getting on a bus at 7am for EMH at the Magic Kingdom & dinner reservations at Jiko. That is unless they're overplaying this whole idea of total immersion.

It seems to me like the role playing fun would wear off pretty quickly and people would get restless to hit the parks. Again, though, I was never the target demographic for this.

Will they let SW guest explore the star was land in an after dark exclusive? Is the hotel connected to the land?
Maybe the hotel spaceship docks at Star Wars land at the end of the journey.
As far as the theme, cosplay,adventure of the resort....it does sound like it would be geared to be a 2-3 night stay.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could it be a separate entity like DVC ownership?

It's not going to be DVC. Announcement of DVC property is carefully regulated (for reasons).

Will they let SW guest explore the star was land in an after dark exclusive? Is the hotel connected to the land?
Maybe the hotel spaceship docks at Star Wars land at the end of the journey.
As far as the theme, cosplay,adventure of the resort....it does sound like it would be geared to be a 2-3 night stay.

Don't know yet about connections, but when this was first floated, there was talk of resorts guests having their own EMH in SW:GE where the role-playing would be extended there. But, there is very little that we can be sure of yet.

andysol

That would be ok. Hopefully it's how things will play out. I'm imagining that they will have 1 or 2 outrageous suites.. as in Bridge Suite at Atlantis pricing/wow factor.. as long as they have options for normal people like me, then I'm fine with my humble room..and just seeing pics of the 25k+ per night suites, but never stepping inside one.lol

Do you live in a privileged bubble?

$2-4K per night for a family of four is not for "normal people".

Can people save for it? Yes. Can people throw it on a credit card? Sure. But a normal person is going to have a tough time justifying that price tag.
It'll still sell out though.

CinematicFusion

Thank you all for more or less staying on topic! Please continue. ;)

I'm not part of the demographic for this resort, so would never stay there. But I can see why real Star Wars fanatics would love it.

If it works....more will come. I'm sure they are already planning a fantasyland style resort based on your favorite Disney characters. What adventures await? Will be interesting to see if they can pull off the Star Wars resort.
We shall see...

CinematicFusion

Can people save for it? Yes. Can people throw it on a credit card? Sure. But a normal person is going to have a tough time justifying that price tag.

They will most likely charge the way they do the cruise line. So a 2-3 night stay would start at 1000.00 to 1500.00 for a party of two and go up from there. Just like on a Disney cruise ship. Food included in price with the exception of alcohol.
Holiday prices would of course double when you get to live the 1979 SW Holiday Special in real time and sing, "what do you get a Wookiee for Christmas when he already has a comb"

21stamps

I think you missed the rest of the conversation.

But anyway, let's look at what we know-

*This is going to be completely different than any other Disney resort. A "360 experience"

*Might be all inclusive?

*We know price will be high. But how high?

I don't think Disney will have a starting price point that only the rich and/or famous can afford.

I do think they may have one or two "special" suites that would fall in that category though.

I also think the starting price point will have to be somewhat palatable for a decent chunk of their demographic.

People probably can justify @ $5k for a family of 4 on a completely unique all inclusive 3 night experience.

And just to be clear- I'm not talking about "all people" I'm talking about people who spend that much on vacations anyway...just probably not for 3 nights very often. Add in the fact that it's Star Wars- yes, it would be justifiable once, to many in that demographic.

Plenty of "Family's of 4" spend that now on a 3-4 night Disney cruise during certain times of the year.

All of that said, I hope it's less, but the person who said "$5k all inclusive for 4" probably isn't too far off...based on what we know of Disney's pricing.

Last edited:

IMFearless

This would work well with direct access into and out of the Star Wars Land expansion, using something similar to Hogwarts Express as a way to access the resort. This would make the resort exclusive. I think otherwise there are going to be tons of people visiting the resort to look around when they are staying elsewhere. Potentially this could make the whole concept not work in the way it has been imagined.

IMFearless

I find it hard to believe that there will be anything other than speculation on pricing at this point. I think the price point will understandably be high, if nothing else to curb demand to a level which could reasonably be accommodated.

odmichael

@lentesta on twitter is hearing $650 per night, minimum two nights, and $200 per person per night for any additional guests in the room. If that includes a special wardrobe as rumored (for a "100% immersive experience") and food as well, that's really not too bad.
I feel as though some information is missing. However, going off of what you just said, if a family of four went and stayed there for just 3 nights:

That's $650 + (3x200) = $1250 per night

$3750 for 3 nights?

21stamps

I find it hard to believe that there will be anything other than speculation on pricing at this point. I think the price point will understandably be high, if nothing else to curb demand to a level which could reasonably be accommodated.

Same, I think it will be high.. but not high enough to price out almost everyone.
There's a huge difference between 3-5k for 3 nights, and 8-10k for 3 nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom